What's new

Vegetable Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Tinctures, Oils, E-Cigs and E-Liquids

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
then there are the omicron cartridges that you can melt your bho into !!!

check out the video on how to fill with bho...
59_118_cartridges.jpeg

DSC01666.jpg

WATCH THIS ONE !!!

[YOUTUBEIF]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k4D6wEGaNU[/YOUTUBEIF]

so with all of those i just posted i believe most require the 7.4 volts, especially the flower chambers. i am wondering if a mod that goes up to 6V would have any effect. because they do make a 510 to 601 adapter, so any of these can go on a 510 threaded device.

if a VV that goes to 6V can do it, i bet a mod with 2 3.7V - 18350 batteries stacked on each other would do it. there are dangers with those mods and them getting too warm. prolly not the best method, but it might work :dunno:

evapeonline

I love what I see on all of those. I cant watch any of the videos for some reason though :(

I think I actually have a version of the hash oil atomizer inside a disposable ecig body. There are some minor issues when used with a plastic body, but a metal body acts as a heat sink and allows to even thicker oil to penetrate the polyfill. The real problem is mass production and actually getting the blank tubes from the manufacturer!

GP73LPC

Veteran
It is the process of stripping the plant materials and waxes that are picked up in the extraction process. It turns it into amber or shatter from what I can tell. I don't really know, I'm super new to concentrates but I think that because my product is a sativa, and run from trim it is probably going to have a lot more waxes and well... non physcoactive stuff in it. Then once it is more glasslike I can get it to mix with both pg and vg separately in relatively high concentrations, and combine the two for the most aesthetically pleasing vapor. I know this is the key for super strong pg tincs, but I want to see to what levels I can saturate vg with it. I am a light medicater personally, but everyone is always like "hurr durr why can I still see after one puff?" I usually tell them to feel free to carry a dab rig, blow torch, and concentrate around with them everywhere they go if they are into that sort of thing, but I'd like to be able to knock them flat once in a while too.

Does your ruvaped globe have a silicon wick taste at all? How do you load/use it? I really want to try one out still.

how long is it left in the freezer and what steps are taken after removing from freezer. i think i need to learn about this.

your super strong tincture sounds interesting and like something i would like to try. can you explain your method for mixing your shatter into PG and VG? heat?

the globe doesn't seem to have a silicone taste that i have noticed, but keep in mind, i am fairly new to vaping, def new to vaping concentrates and have never used a drip tip setup before. i have vaped my tincture with it, 2 drops is all you need. i have also now vaped my BHO in it.

with the tincture i just dropped 2 drops in and kept it upright.

with the BHO i heated my dab tool slightly, let it cool a bit and then just picked a dab of concentrate off and smeared it down into the nail/bowl ;)

first 3 or 4 vapes are nice with the tincture then the hits become harsher and eventually start to burn when the tincture is used up, or most of it.

the concentrate seemed to last longer providing numerous very nice tasting hits. definitely has some good taste. eventually the same thing will occur as the concentrate is used up. hits become harsher and the end is upon you :ying:

:tiphat:

GP73LPC

Veteran
I think the 601 might work with an adapter I sell for my ego threaded batteries. It is the 510 to m601 adapter for atmos and the like. Not that I would want to underpower it, but depending on the resistance of the heating element it could work. I'm off to check it out!

i was posting away when you posted about the 601 threads. i posted it after you did, lol...

would love to hear your results.

GP73LPC

Veteran
I love what I see on all of those. I cant watch any of the videos for some reason though :(

I think I actually have a version of the hash oil atomizer inside a disposable ecig body. There are some minor issues when used with a plastic body, but a metal body acts as a heat sink and allows to even thicker oil to penetrate the polyfill. The real problem is mass production and actually getting the blank tubes from the manufacturer!

they are all interesting and show the device parts and how they work. the fill one i thought was good since it's for oil.

here's a tool you use to melt it down into the cartridge.

omicron_filling_tool.jpg

evapeonline

how long is it left in the freezer and what steps are taken after removing from freezer. i think i need to learn about this.

your super strong tincture sounds interesting and like something i would like to try. can you explain your method for mixing your shatter into PG and VG? heat?

the globe doesn't seem to have a silicone taste that i have noticed, but keep in mind, i am fairly new to vaping, def new to vaping concentrates and have never used a drip tip setup before. i have vaped my tincture with it, 2 drops is all you need. i have also now vaped my BHO in it.

with the tincture i just dropped 2 drops in and kept it upright.

with the BHO i heated my dab tool slightly, let it cool a bit and then just picked a dab of concentrate off and smeared it down into the nail/bowl ;)

first 3 or 4 vapes are nice with the tincture then the hits become harsher and eventually start to burn when the tincture is used up, or most of it.

the concentrate seemed to last longer providing numerous very nice tasting hits. definitely has some good taste. eventually the same thing will occur as the concentrate is used up. hits become harsher and the end is upon you :ying:

All pg needs is heat and agitation. It is designed to bond with stuff. It can accept much higher concentrations of stuff because, well it's designed for it. VG makes the vapor, and i read somewhere it can only absorb about 1/3 of its volume or whatever of stuff.

This is by no means a tutorial, I read several and compiled the steps I needed for my specific application, and it's my first time doing it so I don't even know if I just wasted 1.4 or what.

After freezing for about 24-36 hours, strain through an unbleached filter into pyrex and purge to evap the iso and h20 in a double boiler (carefully, alcohol likes to burn stuff).

the remaining goo should be the good stuff (shatter, amber, absolute, whatevs) that will allow for maximum emulsification without the little poops sticking to the sides of the bottle.

This might not all be necessary for all types of concentrates, but mine is real co2, right out of the extractor and needs a little post processing to make it suitable for these purposes. Plus mine is sativa (this time) and always run from trim so it probably has a shit ton of plant wax in it.

I have been experimenting with the pen style ecig attachments for quite some time now, so I can definitely tell when the wick is burning. you have to keep it thoroughly soaked or you will get the harsh taste. that is silicone from the wick and god knows what it spews out when dry burned. some low res bottom coil cartos (google: bridgeless hybrid 510) will work awesome with concentrate+flavor dripping, but the oils coat the coils and the wick and they will burn out, or start to taste funky after a very short time.

This is why I am making tincs. Because it's close to impossible without a specially engineered piece to get a GOOD wickless atty wholesale. They all have wicks. Furthermore, I love the light functional high that tincs are capable of providing (i'm a busy guy, this is my job lol), as well as the discretion and wide acceptance of ecigs. Not to mention the wide availabilty of ecig parts.

I would love to make a pg tinc and mix it with your vg tinc, for a wider array of fun stuff in each puff :laughing:

I'm into flavorings too, but it is hard enough explaining to end users that pg is fine. Funny enough one of my patients balked at anything ecig but only until I mentioned pg, but that was because he had taken Ochem and knew what it was.

I suspect that is why there is so much misleading info out there. Because it's all kinda hard to wrap your head around....

evapeonline

they are all interesting and show the device parts and how they work. the fill one i thought was good since it's for oil.

here's a tool you use to melt it down into the cartridge.

View Image

Search user evapeonline on youtube to see some fun vid s I made for my site. I pulled them all from the site because I want to redo them all, but they are interesting haha.

GP73LPC

Veteran
sounds killer, might have to try winterizing in the future.

my first tinc could def have used it.

the second one i made was much cleaner as i was doubled up on cheese cloth.

i am liking your idea of bumping up the potency with some shatter.

there is a dry ice kief tincture method mentioned earlier in this thread, that might bump up potency as well.

so can bho be infused into PG also, i would imagine so...

how much heat and how much agitation is needed? :D

evapeonline

Actually, my bho tinc has proven to be the most stable without any post processing. It was some hells angels whipped stuff. Came out super stable. I put it in a kts mod with an igo L atty and it was insane. Works great at 3.7v too

evapeonline

Alright my patience ran out. I'm gonna go get some un bleached coffee filters at wholefoods and a heat mat. Then I'll leave one overnight to see if it improves it. Yay!

GP73LPC

Veteran
so tonight i filled up one of my protanks with the thc tincture. love the way the protank hits !!!

works nicely on my ego batteries, but kicks ass on my lavatube with the voltage bumped up to 4.0-4.1

the VV setup gets a better hit for sure :woohoo:

a nice amber

Hesdeadjim

Hi there you seem to be very knowledgable on this subject, I just got myself a Da Vinci and some VG e liquid and was wondering at what temperature u recommend to vape at?

rabbit91

Hello :) I've been reading through this thread as well as various others to learn how to make nice VG eliquid tinctures and all the info has been extremely helpful as this is not my strength at the moment.

Where I do have knowledge, though, is in three or so years of BHO extracting. Your tek seems fine for the most part, I'd pack more into your tube though to start with. You should pretty much be packing it with the whole weight of your body on whatever you're using to compact the material or else you're giving butane air pockets to flow through instead of forcing it to soak your plant matter. Next, I wouldn't blast straight onto the oil slick pad. It is non-stick because of a silicone coating, butane and silicone have a chemical compatibility rating of 'B' which isn't bad but not worth the risk IMO. Better to blast on glass and transfer to the slick pad after most of the butane is gone. Finally, you won't get all the butane out with a hand pump because they only pull around -25inHg. With atmospheric pressure being 29.92inHg, you need an electric vacuum pump capable of pulling close to -29.92inHg (full vacuum) in order to get all of it out.

In addition, my most recent expeditions have been winterizations. We turned 35g of moldy budder into 28g of clean, pure shatter that was free of any pathogens as well as plant matter. Essentially you just need everclear 190 (NOT LAB GRADE ETHANOL, THIS ISN'T SAFE TO VAPE), which you then dissolve your BHO in (take a small amount of everclear and slowly add bho to save everclear and maximize concentration), then place the container in a freezer overnight, filter the solution through unbleached coffee filters, and purge off the final everclear to give you a nice shatter. That last step, however, can be skipped if you are just making VG tincture since you simply need to add the thick BHO/everclear solution (AFTER BEING FILTERED) into pre-heated VG to get you a quick, concentrated BHO/VG tincture.

Just my two cents from my experience, if I came off know-it-all-esque then my apologies I just want to maximize everyone's information base here :)

TexMex McDirt

I have a Joye 510 ego-c passthru with a Kanger protank mini. I love it. I have been reading thru so many threads on every damn forum there is about how to make a cannabis tincture that will actually work in an e cig. I must say this is one of the best I have seen. I need to get my grow back up and running to get some quality product again, but once I do that I am definitely going to make a pg/vg tincture and some qwiso (qwiso just seems so much easier/safer to make than bho) and hopefully I will be a vape only guy in the future. This is my plan for making the tincture if anyone has any feedback.

• 2 oz pg
  • 1 oz vg
  • 9 grams of cannabis (I have read that 3 grams of herb per oz of pg/vg is a good ratio)
  • 1 oz of green dragon (made with 190 proof everclear)
  • Jar it up and shake the shit out of it.
  • Put the jar into a crock pot or a pot on the stove, towel at the bottom so no contact with jar and set the jar on the towel and then cover with hot water. Put a weight on jar if needed.
  • Set to low or warm, water not to exceed 180 degrees.
  • heat for 6-8 hours, take the jar out to shake several times.
  • Let is sit for a few weeks to 2 months. Shaking it up daily.
  • Then we'll see how it works in my e cig.

I also plan to get a glass dome & nail atomizer set up like GP73LPC has for the qwiso.

Thanks for this thread and the great current info everyone has contributed to it.

Mahalo,
Tex

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
This has been one of the most informative and helpful threads I've come across in the past few years right here. I'm just now hopping on the vape wagon, and I feel like such a noob, but this thread dotted some i's and crossed some t's for me. :tiphat:

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Halo Triton? Is this one mod-able to be able to use a cart that works with BHO or QWISO? Or do I need to buy another device? I already own the Triton because it helped me get off cigarettes. :)

Neekz

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Halo Triton? Is this one mod-able to be able to use a cart that works with BHO or QWISO? Or do I need to buy another device? I already own the Triton because it helped me get off cigarettes. :)

If it's got the ego/510 thread you can use any of the attachment's from ruvaped.com (Skillet, Dome Cartridge...). From the Halo site they seemed to be 510 compatible...

mk6

Hey GP, great thead :) I too have been vaping for a while, fkn love my g-pen and now
Im now tying to make my own juice... I made a batch last night using 30ml of LiQua orginal smoke juice, vanilla flavor, no nic, and is a 25/75 pg/vg blend with vanilla flavor lol.. I may have that backwards idk lol...

I did the hot oil methed and it worked out well, put my weed an oil in a jar, then in pot of water on a hot plate at 160 for 6 hours, then straind it in cheese cloth, but it is too runny, even tho, in my wick-cart, it put out hugh plums of smoke... huge! BUT... it taste like a cig ugg... and I like the honey oil pot taste lol...

I would have made my own blend, but want to buy the right Propylene Glycol and vegetable Glycol so Im not getting some antifreeze pg or crisco vg oil lol.... where are you buying yours? and/or what spicific brand so I can get the right stuff... could you post a pic of the bottle or link to a site would be great, thanks...

mk6

heres what I ended up with... theres more pics of how i made it in my new vape album
picture.php

note the crap on the edges are from my last bho run lol...

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
How potent is it? Do you have to go through a whole cart to get high? It looks great!

mk6

How potent is it? Do you have to go through a whole cart to get high? It looks great!

thanks hush, 3 hits an I feel the effects but it taste like a cigerette and that sux

I just picked up some vg at wholefoods <click to see image) and started an new (smaller) batch... hopefully it will taste better, still dont have any pg yet but soon.

Latest posts

Latest posts