What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vaporizers?

Dr. Buzz

I have a volcano and love it. It is very well built and well worth the money IMO. I have ran many bags through it and I have never noticed an off taste from the bags. I use the Renyolds large oven bags. Cheap and works great.

SSV

SSV

I've tried the Volcano, Vapir 5.0, and i own a SSV. I bought the SSV after trying the other two and researching for weeks. Everyone i know even the owner of the Volcano all agree that the SSV is the best vaporizer they have ever tried. The temp knob isn't digital but absolutely accurate you find the best temp and it is always the same spot. Plus the heating element is amazing. I've owned my SSV for three years and it usally is always left on and it still vaporizes like new. Actually it has been left on for more than six months straight and works great. Also due to the high quality ceramic element it is the only vaporizer i've ever seen that will vaporize Salvia. The build quality is amazing it has probably fallen on the ground half a dozen times and never any problems. To be perfectly honest i can't think of one negative aspect about it. Just look at the site and see everything it does and all of the glass stuff you can get for it. Best smoking purchase i've ever made.

Smokerman

Veteran
I've only tried the Volcano and the Herbalaire, and I bought the Herbalaire. The Volcano is quicker no question, but considering I smoke daily and usually alone, I consider the Herbalaire perfect for me. You can now get whip kit for it. So you have a choice of bags, whip, or direct.

Cabri

A mate had a small $20 Glass Bottle Vape that worked a lot better then Burning vocal chords on a pipe or joynt. All our friends loved to use it to get off.
For my money it cant be too rough.

G

Gobwats

Has anyone tried the Easy Vape to know if $129 sounds like a decent price on it? Been seeing them primarily for around $149, and despite the good reviews in HT, still did not want to spend the cash (disabled=tightwad.) Finding one at a lower price perked my interest up a bit, but seeing as how this will be my first venture into the world of vaporizing...

Also, I read a comment somewhere about using vaped weed to cook with; the reply said something along the lines of not all of the plant's active ingredients vaporize at the same temperature so there remains some good even after vaping. Anyone put this theory to the test, or is it as silly as it sounds?

SKAGITMAGIC

vapir one 5.0

vapir one 5.0

I just bought for the mrs. birthday a vapir one 5.0 hope it works good she coughs so hard, 149 bucks to the door pretty pricey but i looked at the volcano and the price actually looked pretty good i haven't a clue how this works but i got some hardcore stinky purple bud she can't hardly smoke, ieven heard u use less pot overall is this true?

Burt

Veteran
well worth the investment if chronic cough is an issue-all herb taste terrific if vaped at a low enough temp-yes-even mids can taste great thru the vape-i'm a tube kind of guy but when the harvest is in and i'm toking 5-8 times a day, i too wish i had a vape laying around-gotta grab a SSV
leftovers can be reused-typically in a joint or in baked goods via oil/margering extraction

rafe

Vapes

Vapes

Yes you can smoke the leftover weeds in times of being without and get a good buzz. It tastes kind of funny but bearable. I haven't cooked with it yet. I wonder has anyone tried to make Iso Oil out of the leftovers??

MDBudz

Haven't made ISO out of vape leftovers, but have made it into butter and cooked with it... still devastatingly potent!

G

Gobwats

Haven't made ISO out of vape leftovers, but have made it into butter and cooked with it... still devastatingly potent!

What method did you use for your butter? We used to cook everything at low temps, but I'm switching over to an ice extraction system to avoid that damn chlorophyll. Think my toaster leav'ns would add to the mix or would it be better to cook them down like we normally do?

I am over 49 and have smoked weed from 10, I am old as dirt!LOL! I bought the SSV and really enjoy the no hassle, long lasting, buzz, a few small bud bits in the end and a few hits of no leaf weed. How great weed taste when you dont burn the leaf, smooth, cool flavor that doesnt make you hock up brown luggies! YUK! Give me clear cool vapes with a great buzz and no nasty smell. Life is good!

G

Gobwats

I am over 49 and have smoked weed from 10, I am old as dirt!LOL! I bought the SSV and really enjoy the no hassle, long lasting, buzz, a few small bud bits in the end and a few hits of no leaf weed. How great weed taste when you dont burn the leaf, smooth, cool flavor that doesnt make you hock up brown luggies! YUK! Give me clear cool vapes with a great buzz and no nasty smell. Life is good!

Are you running your vapor through a bubbler or chiller of any sort? I ask because while mine does not produce the extremely hot air that I see listed everywhere as a con, it's not exactly cool. Mildly warm perhaps and very smooth and flavorful.

Are you running your vapor through a bubbler or chiller of any sort? I ask because while mine does not produce the extremely hot air that I see listed everywhere as a con, it's not exactly cool. Mildly warm perhaps and very smooth and flavorful.

I think he may mean cool as in compared to inhaling straight smoke! lol. On lowere temps a vaporizer is cool for me. But as I raise it a little bit...when it gets denser and thicker; the vapor makes me cough a little. But still not bad like smoking for me. It is a really peaceful and enjoyable activity.

G

Gobwats

I think he may mean cool as in compared to inhaling straight smoke! lol. On lowere temps a vaporizer is cool for me. But as I raise it a little bit...when it gets denser and thicker; the vapor makes me cough a little. But still not bad like smoking for me. It is a really peaceful and enjoyable activity.

I read all the reviews prior to getting mine and the one thing that kept popping up was the vapor being hotter than smoking. Mine is a bit warm, but still cooler than my pipe (not as cool as my bong though, which still gives me coughing fits.) I love it as I can sit there and smoke to my heart's content and never cough once, as soon as I light my pipe now I'm hacking up a lung, lol. I saw the various bubblers and chillers that can be added on to the whip on some models and can't help but be curious if they are worth it.

420oclock

I just bought for the mrs. birthday a vapir one 5.0 hope it works good she coughs so hard, 149 bucks to the door pretty pricey but i looked at the volcano and the price actually looked pretty good i haven't a clue how this works but i got some hardcore stinky purple bud she can't hardly smoke, ieven heard u use less pot overall is this true?

I've had the Vapir one 5.0 for a coupla months, I like it alot. Gonna hunt down some spare bags.

G

Gobwats

Glad to see this post I bought a Vapor one 5.0 last night on ebay for a 149 no shipping, pricey as hell, but cheap compared to the valcano!!! I got it for the wife for her birthday today, hope she likes it

So how is she liking it thus far? I just bought an I-Inhale portable vaporizer and despite being more than I really wanted to spend I am loving it. Actually been using it more than the Easy Vape lately. I noticed the higher temp seems to work better with lower grade weed (got some that barely gives a buzz when smoked but vapes with the best of them.) This one I can sip on and have the neighbors think I'm drinking from a juice box, lol.

OldTroll

Due to a persistent cough caused by decades of tobacco smoking, which I no longer do, about ten weeks ago I bought a Vapor Cannon from VaporWarez for about $150.

It appears well made and works as advertised. It heats quickly and has a more than adequate temperature range. You know it is more than capable when at the highest temp you can easily ignite your crumbled bud.

IMO there is no need for a digital temperature indicator because the best temperature varies between individuals; it's depedent upon how hard you hit. At X degrees a hard hit that quickly rushes the hot air through the bud chamber will not vaporize as much material as will a very slow hit that gives the air more time in the chamber.

It's easy .... you don't alter the way you hit the whip to match the temperature that somebody said is best. I take my hit at the flow rate that is comfortable for me .... much like hitting my steamroller .... and do a trial and error temp adjustment. Looking for the knob position that is just a little cooler than where it starts to scorch the bud.

For me learning to use the vape has had a pretty steep learning curve .... and I'm not nearly there yet. The first hit of the day from the vape gives me a more subtle high than my steamroller and is somehow much less satisfying. I feel fairly sure that this is at least partly because of the lack of actually seeing the smoke and feeling the throat irritation that I've been conditioned to connect to the onset of the high of smoking.

After I've had the 3 or 4 or 5 hits that seem to exhaust all benefit from that load in the vape, I set aside this apparently used up bud. When I smoke it later in a pipe it often seems as good as mid-quality meds .... so I'm obviously not getting what I should out of the vape. The upside is that the vape seems to be noticeably better on an almost daily basis.

Mixed with smoking my pipe my cough is much improved and I'm looking forward to the day that I only actually smoke on special occasions.

The VaporCannon gets my vote of approval and I recommend it for anyone who does not need an electric fan to do their breathing for them. YMMV