What's new

USA strikes Syria again

St. Phatty

He's tiring as fuck to listen to. Hard not to fall asleep. Lol

That's one area where the Left and people with a genuine Human Rights orientation can take a hint from the Destroyer (of Truth) Rush Limbaugh.

He has a great radio voice, and he ENUNCIATES. Some days he is just almost manic about pronouncing his "s" sounds.

Rush is not an exercise fanatic, so obviously a person can have a great radio voice without being athletically fit.

However, for the other thinkers that we benefit from hearing, I think THEY would benefit from a greater exercise orientation, to just lean them up & invigorate them a bit.

Then a speech coach to help them be well-spoken.

And VIDEO, so they can see and hear themselves.

Sometimes I see video of myself and can't help but think, "Oh my GOD what a stoner."

Chomsky has a lot of public speaking experience. Maybe he overdoes, does too many interviews, and he is simply tired sometimes.

I guess this is where programs like Toastmasters are useful.

Klompen

I think its partly Chomsky's voice is on the deeper side but he's also old as the hills now. Jimmy Dore is pretty firebrand. Abby Martin is also easy to understand. Chris Hedges is a bit dry but still easy to understand too and he is incredibly wise.

Cannavore

Veteran
thats cause chomskys an actual academic. he's not there to entertain you. people like rush are professionally trained blowhards.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
during theValdai conference yesterday, Putin said that ISIS in the US pocket near Deir Ezzour caught the Kurdish offensive flat footed and kidnapped some 700 people, including European and US citizens apparently. today i see it reported on South Front too. they threatened to kill 10 prisoners every day till they get what they are asking for, some isis commanders are to be freed. so far not a word in the msm about this.

Syrian War Report – October 19, 2018: ISIS Captures 700 Hostages Including US, EU Citizens

[YOUTUBEIF]h4o1Hu4Tz1U[/YOUTUBEIF]

one day older, also interesting...

[YOUTUBEIF]xuTVhKyswIo[/YOUTUBEIF]

St. Phatty

thats cause chomskys an actual academic. he's not there to entertain you. people like rush are professionally trained blowhards.

But Chomsky, when he speaks, speaks to be heard.

Sort of like brushing your teeth so your wife can bear to kiss you. If you have that grandfather early morning breath going, you may not get that kiss.

I think Chomsky wants to be relevant, which means he still needs to pay attention to the rules of Communication 101, like enunciation, diction, etc.

Chomsky may be spread a little thin.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i really don't get it, why is it the Russians and Syrians are able to go in clear the dead, clear the mines, restore power and water within days of winning a place back, but the US with all it's money and power can't even clear the mines and booby traps from Raqqa a whole year after victory was declared and everyone ran off to occupy the oil fields in the east, when they realized the SSA broke the siege on Deir Ezzour. it's really sick to see them behave this way and then have the gall to scream about human rights at the UN.

really, the US is the new Roman empire, it's behaving exactly as rome did in it's declining years, no less.

a whole year later and these civilians are about to face another winter under tents? wtf? even the terrorists in Idlib look after displaced civilians better then that.

what a disgrace, the US military had no problem leveling 90% of Raqqa and then making a fucking deal to let thousands of isis evacuate, so they could race the SSA to steal the oil wells and occupy Syrian sovereign land. but they can't even house displaced civilians decently? they can't even make sure the dead are collected and then they accuse others of war crimes, lmao. even now they are using white phosphorus and depleted uranium munitions, why isn't the OPCW investigating the US for using chemical weapons? why isn't amnesty up in arms? because they are paid off regime change stooges who only ever want to blame Assad, Russia and Iran for everything.

oh btw. still not one incursion of Syrian air space by the IDF. they say their f35 can't even be seen by the primitive s300, but so far they have not taken 1 plane into Syrian air space, let alone attacking Syria. at the same time Russia is EW jamming every reconnaissance flight by the regime change coalition to keep the locations of the 24 s300 launchers secret.

Outside Raqa, displaced Syrians brace for winter in tents

https://www.yahoo.com/news/outside-raqa-displaced-syrians-brace-winter-tents-024635456.html

Delil Souleiman
,AFP•October 19, 2018

Ain Issa (Syria) (AFP) - As dust whips up around them, families from Syria's Raqa ready their tents for the coming winter, still homeless a year after the Islamic State group was expelled from their city.

Tens of thousands fled their homes in and around Raqa in the months that led up to US-backed forces ousting the jihadists from the northern city in October 2017.

One year on, most returned, but thousands of others from destroyed homes remain at a camp for the displaced in Ain Issa, around 50 kilometres (30 miles) north of the ravaged city.

Families still reside in flimsy white tents, often with brightly coloured laundry slung out to dry on their guy ropes.

"We have no means to rebuild our home. If we did, we wouldn't have stayed here," said Batul Sbaka, sitting inside a tent with two children on her lap.

The 32-year-old mother said she returned to see her home in Raqa after she had heard the jihadists had been evicted.

"When I saw my house, I screamed. We used to have two rooms and a kitchen. It was all destroyed," she said.

"At least here we have bread and water -- and a tent for shelter," said Sbaka, a black scarf dotted with pink flowers wrapped around her face.

Around the tent where she lives, the camp's inhabitants have been preparing as best they can for the coming winter months and life under canvas.

- 'Nowhere to go' -

Armed with a shovel, a woman was digging a small trench around a tent in a bid to prevent expected rain water from trickling in.

A young man fixed the family tent back into position after it had been hit by a dust storm.

Around 80 percent of Raqa city lies in ruins today, Amnesty International says, much of it due to air strikes by the US-led coalition.

Outside another tent, Mashhur al-Maajun was sitting in a wheelchair, while his wife rested on a blanket on the ground.

"We lost our home. We have nowhere to go," said the 73-year-old double amputee, dressed in a long grey robe.

"The camp is the only shelter we have," said the old man, who had also lost his vision because of diabetes.

Her hair wrapped in a headscarf, his wife agreed.

"We don't want to live in this camp, but how are we supposed to live in our destroyed home?" she asked.

Syria's civil war has killed more than 360,000 people and displaced millions since it started in 2011 with the brutal repression of anti-government protests.

Making up the daily routine of life at the Ain Issa camp, women examined vegetables on sale at stalls, while others lined up to fill up plastic jerry cans with water.

On the edge of the camp, children played on swings.

Young boys and girls attended class in a tent turned classroom, while others gathered excitedly to receive pens and notebooks.

- 'Too risky' -

Some 150,000 people have returned to Raqa since IS was defeated last year, the United Nations estimates.

But camp manager Jalal al-Ayaf says some 4,000 people from Raqa still live in Ain Issa, alongside thousands more displaced from eastern Syria, and he is worried about the coming months.

"The NGOs don't give us anything any more -- no food baskets, no sanitation products," he said.

"Some of the tents are worn out."

Inside the camp, residents complain that food deliveries are few and far between, with month-long delays between distributions, including for rice and cooking oil.

But despite such complaints, some say returning to Raqa is too risky.

IS jihadists sowed landmines around the city as they retreated, a legacy that still maims and kills residents to this day.

And there are near daily attacks on checkpoints and military vehicles, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitor.

Mustafa Abud, 31, said there was no way he would take his three children back to a city still so unsafe.

"We thought everything would be alright after the city was liberated," said the young man in a black shirt.

"But it's no longer the Raqa we know," said Abud, his short dark hair slicked back with gel.

"We just want to live in safety. And right now, the camp is safer."

St. Phatty

really, the US is the new Roman empire, it's behaving exactly as rome did in it's declining years, no less.

You sound like a real serious student of history.

The USSR officially broke up in 1991.

I guess the Ukraine breaking off - and being susceptible to the US using it as a base of undermining Russia - is part of that.

How do you think the US might break apart ?

We came an unknown amount, close to a near constitutional crisis situation in Oregon, with the proposed ban on most handguns and many rifles - anything semi-auto (a revolver is semi-auto, it loads the next bullet when you fire the existing bullet).

That didn't make the ballot, but it made us firearms-interested folks think a lot. It will be back in 2019 or 2020, and I believe it will pass.

Most rural Oregon counties announced they would not enforce the ban.

I see a crack emerging at the Oregon Idaho border, that might be like a border for a future second nation.

Klompen

i really don't get it, why is it the Russians and Syrians are able to go in clear the dead, clear the mines, restore power and water within days of winning a place back, but the US with all it's money and power can't even clear the mines and booby traps from Raqqa a whole year after victory was declared and everyone ran off to occupy the oil fields in the east, when they realized the SSA broke the siege on Deir Ezzour. it's really sick to see them behave this way and then have the gall to scream about human rights at the UN

The fact of the matter is that Russia, with a much smaller air force, a much smaller military, and far less time was able to effectively crush ISIS and Al Nusra groups with relatively light civilian casualties. The US forces supposedly worked for years on end, with the best surveillance in the world, the largest modern air force in the world, but somehow they couldn't seem to stop ISIS or avoid hitting a lot of the wrong people. Its hard to believe that wasn't a deliberate strategic decision.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Syrian War Update:

Syrian War Update:

as the msm is already reaching everyone, i won't bother posting much of their propaganda, it's the other sides of the story i'm concentrating on here and that has to be gotten from said other side.

the regime change coalition is not being honest about their air strikes and the civilians they kill.

Deliberate Mistake? American Fighters Bomb Kurd Allies, Allow ISIS to Capture New Territories

[YOUTUBEIF]zkASG_ZLwjQ[/YOUTUBEIF]

or if Russian media isn't to your taste, how about Iranian, lol.

U.S.-led airstrikes kill 62 civilians in Dayr al-Zawr

[YOUTUBEIF]_f12ur5I60k[/YOUTUBEIF]

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The fact of the matter is that Russia, with a much smaller air force, a much smaller military, and far less time was able to effectively crush ISIS and Al Nusra groups with relatively light civilian casualties. The US forces supposedly worked for years on end, with the best surveillance in the world, the largest modern air force in the world, but somehow they couldn't seem to stop ISIS or avoid hitting a lot of the wrong people. Its hard to believe that wasn't a deliberate strategic decision.

The west and Israel were - and still are - supporting these islamic extremist terrorists to try and overthrow the sovereign nation of Syria - that's why they didn't wipe Isis out - because they are funding and support Isis - and many other extremist islamic groups - to try and take down Assad -

This is what the main-stream-media does not tell us - but its more than obvious if you look into it.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
after listening to some pompus posturing lecture on human rights and constitutional government by the Saudi ambassador to the UN, no less, the Syrian ambassador to the UN responds....

he points out that Saudi has no constitution and no parliament, not even a name, lol.

Bashar al-Jaafari: The Saudi Regime is Backward (Subtitles)

[YOUTUBEIF]RFKAx3mcCI8[/YOUTUBEIF]

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Its crazy eh?......Saudi Arabia bank-rolls and supports the islamic jihad all over the world - that murders many people every day - and yet the western governments are more than happy to do business with them - and have them as 'Close Allies' - I guess that birds of a feather flock together.

Its rotten to the core.

I feel more sorry for the Syrians every day, and hope they can get their country back together again after all these foreign powers have tried to take what they don't own.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Its crazy eh?......Saudi Arabia bank-rolls and supports the islamic jihad all over the world - that murders many people every day - and yet the western governments are more than happy to do business with them - and have them as 'Close Allies' - I guess that birds of a feather flock together.

Its rotten to the core.

I feel more sorry for the Syrians every day, and hope they can get their country back together again after all these foreign powers have tried to take what they don't own.

thats the thing, Syria is a lot further along on her path to more democratic freedoms then every single one of her Arab neighbors, it's really ironic that the one secular Arab republic which has elections for parliament and minister positions, with even the presidency is elected. but they are the ones being fucked with while the 70 year sponsor of world wide terrorism is given full support.

instead they claim Iran as the major sponsor of terror in the world, when the facts just don't back that up, in fact the US sponsors the MEK which is a sunni terror group based in Iran that is regularly targeting Iran with terrorism. Iran is in fact against groups who kill civilians, but they are specially against sunni terrorist, or wahabis, takfiris etc. the only groups Iran is backing are military groups who fight to defend their land, whether Hezbollah in Lebanon, or the Houthis in Yemen, they are popular heroes as defenders in their respective countries. these groups are not doing suicide attacks on civilians, they fight man to man defending their lands. calling them terrorists, basically shows the whole world the hypocritical way the US uses the label terrorist. not that we need further proof. even in Syria herself, it's the regime change coalition who is and was supporting terrorist who really do suicide attacks on civilians, who randomly shell civilian neighborhoods. if we are honest, the US sponsors more terrorism then Iran ever has.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
thats the thing, Syria is a lot further along on her path to more democratic freedoms then every single one of her Arab neighbors, it's really ironic that the one secular Arab republic which has elections for parliament and minister positions, with even the presidency is elected. but they are the ones being fucked with while the 70 year sponsor of world wide terrorism is given full support.

instead they claim Iran as the major sponsor of terror in the world, when the facts just don't back that up, in fact the US sponsors the MEK which is a sunni terror group based in Iran that is regularly targeting Iran with terrorism. Iran is in fact against groups who kill civilians, but they are specially against sunni terrorist, or wahabis, takfiris etc. the only groups Iran is backing are military groups who fight to defend their land, whether Hezbollah in Lebanon, or the Houthis in Yemen, they are popular heroes as defenders in their respective countries. these groups are not doing suicide attacks on civilians, they fight man to man defending their lands. calling them terrorists, basically shows the whole world the hypocritical way the US uses the label terrorist. not that we need further proof. even in Syria herself, it's the regime change coalition who is and was supporting terrorist who really do suicide attacks on civilians, who randomly shell civilian neighborhoods. if we are honest, the US sponsors more terrorism then Iran ever has.

G `day Gaius

The Israelis tried to wage war on Hezbolah in Lebanon .
It didn`t go well for them .
Now wages a propaganda war instead .

Radicalisation is a lot harder when your religious sect is restricted numerically and geographically.

wa_img_redlines_map1.jpg

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Klompen

Yeah the invasion of Lebanon did not go well for Israel, but in response to the failure, Israel demolished a lot of Lebanon with punitive strikes. It was quite the massacre, but nothing surprising from Israel.

St. Phatty

The west and Israel were - and still are - supporting these islamic extremist terrorists to try and overthrow the sovereign nation of Syria - that's why they didn't wipe Isis out - because they are funding and support Isis - and many other extremist islamic groups - to try and take down Assad -

This is what the main-stream-media does not tell us - but its more than obvious if you look into it.

I don't remember if it was the beginning of 2016 or 2017.

I went to the one large church in my town, it is a primary social hang-out.

Can't stand the lecture, took a hand-out and sat in the open area.

The hand-out said they were going to talk about 11 topics, the next 11 weeks.

2 of them were - Cannabis and ISIS.

Something tells me they weren't channeling Gypsy, when they manipulated the flock one more time.

"ISIS Bad Bad Bad !! Let us send your child to the Middle East, to be a security guard for Israel. If you want to go to Heaven, you have to Support Israel. See you next week."

That really is what is taught at Zio-Christian churches.

I've heard it in small town Oregon, and I've heard near exact the same thing, from Pastor Bob, at the Horizon Fellowship, a wealthy church in Rancho Santa Fe, in So Cal.

https://horizon.org/

^ not an advertisement :biggrin:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Have you noticed that 3 monotheistic Abrahamic religions are all in cahoots with one another?.....and have HUGE control over populations mostly due to indoctrinating children from birth.

Islam - represented by the Saudi's - Judaism - represented by the Israeli's - and Christianity - represented by The Vatican

All of these religions are in fact businesses and have accrued enormous wealth and power for centuries over the people who they even call 'Their Flock' as if they were sheep.

.....and they pay no taxes.

Klompen

I would replace Vatican with NATO in that assessment but its fascinating either way how many times over the centuries that's been the case. Chattel slavery is another example; The Arab slave trade was the largest in human history, and many ports like Tripoli were financed by Jewish financiers, supplied with slaves by Muslims, and the slaves were distributed by Spanish and Portuguese Christians who in turn sold the slaves to buyers all over the known world and took them to the new world as well.

I mean its more complex than just that, because Muslims took enslaved every type of people they ran across who didn't immediately bow before them and take up Islam, but the trade of sub-Saharan Africans in particular was very "multicultural". Muslims love to pretend none of the above is true and also aren't keen on reminding anyone that some Arab countries were still openly owning slaves into the 1970's. Revisionist history is very common in this world.

Latest posts

Latest posts