What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

USA and UK are joined at the hip=Official

Ready4

Veteran
Nothing tRump says can be believed. No President in the history of the USA has told 1/100th of the lies tRump has already spouted in one year. When you call out how badly tRump has lied, all you get from his "defenders" is "But, but Hillary.. but, but Obama..."
If a Democrat President had told 1/100th of the same type lies, they would go ballistic.

K

kopite

goto deepest birmingham ,aka the black country / yam yam land ,i dont understand em and i only live 10 mile away :(

They get proper moody if you call them brummies "weem na brummies doh b callin us da yam scouse prick!" was what I got from them... but I like them though it is funny all the different local dialect you get in the brum area.... scouse is the same but you get different pitches of voice from squeaky to proper dull...

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
English is undoubtedly the most popular international language on the planet, and its good to share it with the whole world because it makes it so much easier to communicate when travelling...

I grew up in the mid east coast of the US.
All my friends in New England (northeast US) say I have a southern accent...
But I can't understand some people from Alabama.
Also, sometimes hard to understand people from Maine or from Chicago! But at least we pretty much use the same words...

30 years ago I spent a month in NZ.
I absolutely loved it there and had a great visit..
But I could understand the Kiwi accent.
It was the use of words which had a totally different meaning that threw me off...
Or words I had never even heard before..

I couldn't understand why none of the stores had a "bathroom".. or a "parking lot"
Simple; you couldn't bathe there, but you were welcome to use their toilet or loo...or drive around to the car park..

In a tavern one night with a great Kiwi friend; a Welchman who lived in NZ told a story and after the punchline all the locals laughed out loud!
I asked my Kiwi buddy what the man had said, and he told me,
"I haven't got a clue mate. I couldn't understand a word he was saying"

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
there has been too many school shootings here in the USA

I do believe we had a big one in the UK many years ago:

Quote Wiki:The Dunblane school massacre took place at Dunblane Primary School near Stirling, Stirlingshire, Scotland, on 13 March 1996, when gunman Thomas Hamilton killed 16 children and one teacher before committing suicide. It remains the deadliest mass shooting in British history.

Public debate about the killings centred on gun control laws, including public petitions calling for a ban on private ownership of handguns and an official inquiry, which produced the 1996 Cullen Reports. In response to this debate, two new Firearms Acts were passed, which greatly restricted private ownership of firearms in Great Britain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_massacre

*A very sad sign of the times when a kid can't go to school then get back home without dodging bullets.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran

Quote Wiki:The Dunblane school massacre took place at Dunblane Primary School near Stirling, Stirlingshire, Scotland, on 13 March 1996, when gunman Thomas Hamilton killed 16 children and one teacher before committing suicide. It remains the deadliest mass shooting in British history.

Public debate about the killings centred on gun control laws, including public petitions calling for a ban on private ownership of handguns and an official inquiry, which produced the 1996 Cullen Reports. In response to this debate, two new Firearms Acts were passed, which greatly restricted private ownership of firearms in Great Britain.

*A very sad sign of the times when a kid can't go to school then get back home without dodging bullets.

Now they just use rental trucks to mow down a bunch of people like a heard of deer.

Borderliner

people will either claim gun control works or doesn't looking at that.

we need to keep our hearts clean and pray for an end to the violence

CaptainDankness

Nothing tRump says can be believed. No President in the history of the USA has told 1/100th of the lies tRump has already spouted in one year. When you call out how badly tRump has lied, all you get from his "defenders" is "But, but Hillary.. but, but Obama..."
If a Democrat President had told 1/100th of the same type lies, they would go ballistic.

But, but our honest Abe, was a tyrant and white supremacist.

Funny how that is, the man who "never told a lie" was so full of shit, we can still smell his shit well over 100 years after death. Lol, of course majority think the Confederacy was all about white supremacy.

Forget the world thinking we are stupid, Americans know Americans are stupid.

:laughing:

Spaventa

Veteran

A fraction of an unspecified number of unspecified lies isn't very helpful. Give us your top 10 serious Trump presidential lies that Americans should be aware of.

CaptainDankness

I grew up in the mid east coast of the US.
All my friends in New England (northeast US) say I have a southern accent...
But I can't understand some people from Alabama.
Also, sometimes hard to understand people from Maine or from Chicago! But at least we pretty much use the same words...
"[/B]

That's because you are a redneck, people from Alabama, Louisiana are Cajun and Massholes have their own thing going where they can't pronounce an R. Lol, north of Massachusetts we speak proper English better than the English. :biggrin:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
That's because you are a redneck, people from Alabama, Louisiana are Cajun and Massholes have their own thing going where they can't pronounce an R. Lol, north of Massachusetts we speak proper English better than the English. :biggrin:

What a crock of hooey....:biggrin: Almost all of my cousins are from Boston and points north. They all talk funny..

One of my female cousins has an accent so annoying it almost makes me wanna rip my ears off...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
goto deepest birmingham ,aka the black country / yam yam land ,i dont understand em and i only live 10 mile away :(

Read a bit on the BBC about how you garblemouth's begin to fail to understand each other around the 25 mile mark.

There's only one spot in Canada they speak their own language.

Newfoundland. And only in some parts.

There is some goobledeygook bit in the middle but most of us chose to ignore La Belle Elephant in the room. Some ignore east of the Rockies. I ignore everything not on this island and even then, a lot of it ain't worth your time. Bigger towns and such.

CaptainDankness

What a crock of hooey....:biggrin: Almost all of my cousins are from Boston and points north. They all talk funny..

One of my female cousins has an accent so annoying it almost makes me wanna rip my ears off...

Yeah, it was kind of funny in Florida so many different accents and I got picked on a little bit for mine. Lol, but I grew up all over the East coast so my accent is a little fucked. At least not as bad as Canadians aye. :biggrin:

brown_thumb

A fraction of an unspecified number of unspecified lies isn't very helpful. Give us your top 10 serious Trump presidential lies that Americans should be aware of.

"I'm going to make America great again".

"I'm not a racist".

"Mexico will pay for it (the wall)".

"I have the utmost respect for women".

"...shithole countries".

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"... oh wait, that was Clinton.

*** I'm too tired to list more lies at the moment but there are many more.

brown_thumb

Brits can't pronounce "arr" either. No matter how hard they try it comes out "ahh". :D

Latest posts

Latest posts