What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

USA and UK are joined at the hip=Official

Spaventa

Veteran
I think you meant you're not your! I wasn't specifically ridiculing America, I was pointing out that which ever educational system tried to educate you, did a piss poor job. It turns out that was ours.
Sometimes we find people whose respect would be an insult to what we stand for; I can only say that in your (the correct useage of your) case, I'm honoured to be despised. :moon:

A piss poor job? Yes I have to agree, if its the system that also failed in your case.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Where is this UK yer talking about? I can't find it on the map

picture.php
[/IMG]

brown_thumb

Those of us that were born in England, learned to speak, write and spell in a very English form of English. Our American cousins, due to a lot of time and distance between them and England where the proper English is spoken have managed to come up with some sort of dialect that changes quite radically between the North and the South, the East and the West of North America.

Americans spell and pronounce their form of the English language slightly differently from the way the English do .....and its kinda similar to how the real English language changes with many dialects from the North to the South, from the East to the West of the UK....Even within the UK some dialects are so strong (e.g. Glaswegian) that most Englishmen are hard pressed to figure out what is being said.

English is undoubtedly the most popular international language on the planet, and its good to share it with the whole world because it makes it so much easier to communicate when travelling...

I know. I was just being a buttho... a typical American jerk.:spank:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those of us that were born in England, learned to speak, write and spell in a very English form of English. Our American cousins, due to a lot of time and distance between them and England where the proper English is spoken have managed to come up with some sort of dialect that changes quite radically between the North and the South, the East and the West of North America.

Americans spell and pronounce their form of the English language slightly differently from the way the English do .....and its kinda similar to how the real English language changes with many dialects from the North to the South, from the East to the West of the UK....Even within the UK some dialects are so strong (e.g. Glaswegian) that most Englishmen are hard pressed to figure out what is being said.

English is undoubtedly the most popular international language on the planet, and its good to share it with the whole world because it makes it so much easier to communicate when travelling...

Nice one G,,,,,
very well put,,eloquent as always,,,,
very true,,
some old friends of mine,,when together we can talk in
"cockney slang" and leave others totally clueless,,,,
kinda like " see that chap over there?,,
Hes a total "james hunt" and a huge "Oil Tanker" and
He needs to shut his "North and South" or he will end up
"brown bread" ,lol,lol,,,,,,that sorta thing,,,:biggrin:s2

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Where is this UK yer talking about? I can't find it on the map

View Image]View Image[/URL]

Ahh, yes, a map I have not seen before, but I presume (only a presumption) that is what you get to learn about the world with at one of your fine educational establishments that often double-up as firing ranges.

Hmmm, if I was to hazard a guess I would say that the UK would be south-east of Santaland, and close-by the 'pussies' which the UK is currently trying to extricate itself from.

Borderliner

Ahh, yes, a map I have not seen before, but I presume (only a presumption) that is what you get to learn about the world with at one of your fine educational establishments that often double-up as firing ranges.

are you thinking of your own, uk, school system?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I have understood Cockney slang ever since Guy Ritchie.

Some people in the US aren't as dumb as advertised.

Some are more so.

The only real similarity I see between the UK and the US is bigotry.

And maybe a propensity for thinking war solves anything.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have understood Cockney slang ever since Guy Ritchie.

Some people in the US aren't as dumb as advertised.

Some are more so.

The only real similarity I see between the UK and the US is bigotry.

And maybe a propensity for thinking war solves anything.

When i posted mean mr m,,,
i certainly was not of thinking of the usa,,
i was more aiming it at the middle and upper classes in my own city,,
so tell me what is an "oil tanker" ? lol,:tiphat:,,,,,,s2

hazyfontazy

Veteran
goto deepest birmingham ,aka the black country / yam yam land ,i dont understand em and i only live 10 mile away :(

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
queen/monarchs were mentioned recently by Q on 8chan.

potus' comment was more than metaphor.

doubt he will be invited to any wedding there.

just an observation...from an original American.

Latest posts

Latest posts