What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

USA and UK are joined at the hip=Official

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
edit - You are right. Equally, defaming and ridiculing my country demands a response.

No idea where you are from, but if it's uk, I am entitled to make any observations I choose to about MY country. If you're American, then your comprehension levels are an indictment of their educational system.

shithawk420

Veteran
aww come on GMT.arent you kinda being hypocritical when you say that?yes our education system is questionable.and im pretty sure sparenta is european.i like both you guys.just saying.sorry.ill stay outta this one

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
aww come on GMT.arent you kinda being hypocritical when you say that?yes our education system is questionable.and im pretty sure sparenta is european.i like both you guys.just saying.sorry.ill stay outta this one

Both Brits Shithawk,,,,,
you have nothing to apoligize for mate,,,s2:tiphat:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hiya,,,

Well,,,what a lot of us kinda knew already,,,
but today the POTUS declared the United states and the UK are
" joined at the hip" in all things including military,,,,,
some statement but, at the very least its trueful kinda off lol,,
Mr President really knows how to stir the pot:biggrin:,,,,,s2

The USA only had the illusion of being independent from the nations inception.
The crown never did relinquish control.

Without any research...
I’m almost positive that the same can be said for our Aussie brothers & sisters.

Spaventa

Veteran
No idea where you are from, but if it's uk, I am entitled to make any observations I choose to about MY country. If you're American, then your comprehension levels are an indictment of their educational system.

Seriously? you couldn't work out that its the one you ridiculed?

I didn't like your attitude before I knew you were British but now I do, I despise you. Your a cancer. You ridicule our country and insult Americans and their country, our best friend and closest ally.
Ive never sworn in anger on ICMAG in all the years Ive been here but honestly, you have brought me the closest to it. Your an embarrassment to the United Kingdom.

Spaventa

Veteran

Absolutely true about hypocrisy - Most British school leavers these days couldn't name 10 countries capitals or 3 past prime ministers.

and... what S2 said :)

Spaventa

Veteran
The USA only had the illusion of being independent from the nations inception.
The crown never did relinquish control.

Without any research...
I’m almost positive that the same can be said for our Aussie brothers & sisters.

There was never a POTUS they didn't choose before... there is now :) Im proud of the small part our Nigel played in that

edit - excuse the Turbo posting

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Seriously? you couldn't work out that its the one you ridiculed?

I didn't like your attitude before I knew you were British but now I do, I despise you. Your a cancer. You ridicule our country and insult Americans and their country, our best friend and closest ally.
Ive never sworn in anger on ICMAG in all the years Ive been here but honestly, you have brought me the closest to it. Your an embarrassment to the United Kingdom.

I think you meant you're not your! I wasn't specifically ridiculing America, I was pointing out that which ever educational system tried to educate you, did a piss poor job. It turns out that was ours.
Sometimes we find people whose respect would be an insult to what we stand for; I can only say that in your (the correct useage of your) case, I'm honoured to be despised. :moon:

Y

Yard dog

Absolutely true about hypocrisy - Most British school leavers these days couldn't name 10 countries capitals or 3 past prime ministers.

and... what S2 said :)

and that's exactly how the establishment want people.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Oh Ffs, come on lol.
I can't put a guy down for using someone's sexuality as an insult and then point out I'm straight without looking like I feel there is something wrong with being gay. But give me a break man :laughing:

mr.brunch

Veteran
As an English person I am more than happy, and quite proud that our countries have such a close relationship... the American people in general are among the most welcoming and friendly you could wish to meet.

Now let’s get a tunnel built and make it easier for those good clones to get here!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
spell honour and colour?????,,lol,,
its the Queens English or some even say BBC English,,,
end of story,,,s2

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Why do you UK folks always misspell "honor", "color", etc.? Where the hell did you learn to communicate in American? :D

Those of us that were born in England, learned to speak, write and spell in a very English form of English. Our American cousins, due to a lot of time and distance between them and England where the proper English is spoken have managed to come up with some sort of dialect that changes quite radically between the North and the South, the East and the West of North America.

Americans spell and pronounce their form of the English language slightly differently from the way the English do .....and its kinda similar to how the real English language changes with many dialects from the North to the South, from the East to the West of the UK....Even within the UK some dialects are so strong (e.g. Glaswegian) that most Englishmen are hard pressed to figure out what is being said.

English is undoubtedly the most popular international language on the planet, and its good to share it with the whole world because it makes it so much easier to communicate when travelling...

Andyo

Veteran
glaswegian borstal mate

glaswegian borstal mate

Those of us that were born in England, learned to speak, write and spell in a very English form of English. Our American cousins, due to a lot of time and distance between them and England where the proper English is spoken have managed to come up with some sort of dialect that changes quite radically between the North and the South, the East and the West of North America.

Americans spell and pronounce their form of the English language slightly differently from the way the English do .....and its kinda similar to how the real English language changes with many dialects from the North to the South, from the East to the West of the UK....Even within the UK some dialects are so strong (e.g. Glaswegian) that most Englishmen are hard pressed to figure out what is being said.

English is undoubtedly the most popular international language on the planet, and its good to share it with the whole world because it makes it so much easier to communicate when travelling...

I had a glaswegian tobbaco baron partner in borstal.
Little pittbull of a guy i used to sell roll ups and he collected the money on payday or made sure the list of goodys/tobbaco we wanted bought was filled.

I learnt glaswegian,caught my self using some of his phrases and he some of mine.

It shows how language gets bastardised.
It shows how we copy languages.A

Latest posts

Latest posts