What's new

URSA Optilux/SS315/KISS/coco/veg+bloom/4x4

saitama

Hi saitama,

Can you share the stretch % in your setup, for the DP Glueberry OG?

They stretched maybe a little over double to 3x. I did do a massive defoliation before flip though so that might have contributed.

Last edited:

saitama

day 30 and 31

Finally starting to put on some weight

rPrcbyg.jpg

cbVFU8h.jpg

sXSWPD5.jpg

added a pair of 660nm red bars to help mimic the spike in red from an HPS.

CSfgdNT.jpg

starke

The girls are coming along nicely. I'm really interested in your use of the red spectrum LEDs. Looking forward to hearing your opinions at the end of the grow. Keep up the great work.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you think less than 24" is viable at all in anyway situation, lol. Doesn't seem like it probably best 24" and up. I'd be happy with any info I will definitely need it.

saitama

Even with my dimmer installed, the light is still really intense. I'm sacrificing the outer buds getting light when it is dimmed to 1000umols in the center. I turned it back up a bit and the leaves started to burn. Damn stretchy ladies.

Veg tent:

The top two here are my zamaldelica ladies and ghost train haze below.

IFO6m2B.jpg

The GTH1 is very tall and has long internodal spacing. I am trying to tame her with LST.

The other GTH1 is deformed and only has nodes on one side. I'm going to run her anyway, just out of curiosity.

aE9QVli.jpg

FKBvgBa.jpg

and finally, the GBOGs
3BnULpj.jpg

F7a7Fb2.jpg

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Even with my dimmer installed, the light is still really intense. I'm sacrificing the outer buds getting light when it is dimmed to 1000umols in the center. I turned it back up a bit and the leaves started to burn. Damn stretchy ladies.

Yeah this is why I was recommending them make a dimmer that only effects the middle 4. Not sure if it is possible but definitely what is needed. Looks like I will stick to my green house screen idea. Targeted and simple. An idea for them may also be to some frost out the glass piece that the LED's are in to where the light intensity matched up better with the outside ones.

starke

I think you are on the right track 40amps. I have enough height for now to be OK but if I run into issues in fllower I'm going to work on mitigating just the center four COBS. Your frosting idea is interesting. They use to make a brush on product for aquarium backs that frosted the glass. Came in a bunch of colors but also in clear that made an effect resembling winter frost. Just brainstorming at this point - and talking to myself as I type, as usual.

GotRice

Hello saitama and all,

I'm a new grower trying my first run with 6 plants (that's my state legal limit). I would like to say thanks for posting all these great growing journal for newbies like me to learn the process. It's all great info and motivation to keep reading and reading, learning and learning.

saitama: I have been using your setup with a friend help. Yet I am or I should say we are struggle to get the result. Please help me.

I am using
-Medium: Coco (100%, flush and use only big fiber left) + hydroton on top to prevent evaporation.
-Top Feed Drip System DTW: Slow Feeding once a day to Run-off 20%
-Nutrients: VegPlusBloom HD + Cal Mag (50% of recommend = 600 ppm).
-PH 6.0
Pot Size: Plastic 1 Gallon
-Veg Light: 18/6, 600w HPS, 36" from Canopy
-Flower Light: Plan to use 1000w HPS 36" from Canopy
-Room Temperature: 81
-Humitidy: 60
-No CO2: just fresh air from outside as i leave my window open during light on.
-Air out with 6" Fan/Carbon to filter smell place far away from my Fan to intake air in from the window.
-Hurricane Fan on top of the canopy to prevent heat and wind burn
-1 mini 4" fan on bottom of the canopy to help circulate more air.

I am on Days 38 in Veg but my plant is smaller than yours. Also my main stem look weak and side shoot is not as much and also weak compare to yours. My most concern is that my root mass doesn't even cover 1/2 of the 1 Gallon pot and I am in Veg days 38, my plant only taken 600 ml of water/a Day (including run off).

Since we have the almost the same setup and VegPlusBloom, can you help me with Nutrients Formula and Feeds Schedule. If i have to I'll buy 6 new baby plant and start over to get this right.

Thanks,

Rice

saitama

Hello saitama and all,

I'm a new grower trying my first run with 6 plants (that's my state legal limit). I would like to say thanks for posting all these great growing journal for newbies like me to learn the process. It's all great info and motivation to keep reading and reading, learning and learning.

saitama: I have been using your setup with a friend help. Yet I am or I should say we are struggle to get the result. Please help me.

I am using
-Medium: Coco (100%, flush and use only big fiber left) + hydroton on top to prevent evaporation.
-Top Feed Drip System DTW: Slow Feeding once a day to Run-off 20%
-Nutrients: VegPlusBloom HD + Cal Mag (50% of recommend = 600 ppm).
-PH 6.0
Pot Size: Plastic 1 Gallon
-Veg Light: 18/6, 600w HPS, 36" from Canopy
-Flower Light: Plan to use 1000w HPS 36" from Canopy
-Room Temperature: 81
-Humitidy: 60
-No CO2: just fresh air from outside as i leave my window open during light on.
-Air out with 6" Fan/Carbon to filter smell place far away from my Fan to intake air in from the window.
-Hurricane Fan on top of the canopy to prevent heat and wind burn
-1 mini 4" fan on bottom of the canopy to help circulate more air.

I am on Days 38 in Veg but my plant is smaller than yours. Also my main stem look weak and side shoot is not as much and also weak compare to yours. My most concern is that my root mass doesn't even cover 1/2 of the 1 Gallon pot and I am in Veg days 38, my plant only taken 600 ml of water/a Day (including run off).

Since we have the almost the same setup and VegPlusBloom, can you help me with Nutrients Formula and Feeds Schedule. If i have to I'll buy 6 new baby plant and start over to get this right.

Thanks,

Rice

Happy to help. Few questions I have:

What's your starting water EC?

How much of each nutrient are you using (in EC) and what is your end EC?

Are you vegging under the HPS bulb? If so, get a MH bulb for veg. I don't think HPS does well for veg at all and may be the reason why your growth is so slow (lack of blue spectrum)

PH 6.0 is fine, but most people prefer to run 5.8. Are you checking your reservoir PH regularly? VB is pretty stable but I heard the HD swings a little more.

Calibrate your PH and PPM pens religiously.

I highly recommend posting this in the cannabis infirmary section. Pics would help a lot!

GastroGrower

Plants in flower are looking great. I had a few GTH bag seeds that I ran once and they all stretched more than any other plant I've ever run.

Latest posts

Latest posts