What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

URSA Optilux/SS315/KISS/coco/veg+bloom/4x4

saitama

Yeah this is why I was recommending them make a dimmer that only effects the middle 4. Not sure if it is possible but definitely what is needed. Looks like I will stick to my green house screen idea. Targeted and simple. An idea for them may also be to some frost out the glass piece that the LED's are in to where the light intensity matched up better with the outside ones.

I think you are on the right track 40amps. I have enough height for now to be OK but if I run into issues in fllower I'm going to work on mitigating just the center four COBS. Your frosting idea is interesting. They use to make a brush on product for aquarium backs that frosted the glass. Came in a bunch of colors but also in clear that made an effect resembling winter frost. Just brainstorming at this point - and talking to myself as I type, as usual.

Frosting sounds like a great idea. Thanks guys

GotRice

saitama:

i haven't calibrate my pH meter and also didn't test my EC plain water before adding nutrients. Will test all that and make new water/nutes, etc....will start everything over from scratch so its easier to keep track.

BTW, I am using.

Veg Stage 1-28 days and Flower 1-21 days

VegPlusBloom HD at 4g for every gallon (recommend 4-6g)
Life 1g for every 5 gallon of water (recommend 2.5g)
Cal-Mag Plus 3ml for every gallon (recommend 3-5ml)
Drip and Clean as recommend

You also use VegPlusBloom. Can you recommend what should i add as supplement/pest prevention and any others. What should my feed chart be ? Please advice

GotRice

also, seeing you get optimum results from RO/Soft. I am thinking to switch to RO/Soft as well.

What RO System are you using and where to buy them?

saitama

saitama:

i haven't calibrate my pH meter and also didn't test my EC plain water before adding nutrients. Will test all that and make new water/nutes, etc....will start everything over from scratch so its easier to keep track.

BTW, I am using.

Veg Stage 1-28 days and Flower 1-21 days

VegPlusBloom HD at 4g for every gallon (recommend 4-6g)
Life 1g for every 5 gallon of water (recommend 2.5g)
Cal-Mag Plus 3ml for every gallon (recommend 3-5ml)
Drip and Clean as recommend

You also use VegPlusBloom. Can you recommend what should i add as supplement/pest prevention and any others. What should my feed chart be ? Please advice

also, seeing you get optimum results from RO/Soft. I am thinking to switch to RO/Soft as well.

I use vb, shine, drip clean and mammoth p. I'm thinking about dropping the shine once it's all used up.

I currently just use straight tap with chlorine removed but I do have an RO buddie and it works well.

I run 1.0 in veg unless they ask for more. 1.4 to 1.6 in flower with shine. All this info is in the veg bloom kiss thread. You should check it out.

GotRice

I use vb, shine, drip clean and mammoth p. I'm thinking about dropping the shine once it's all used up.

I currently just use straight tap with chlorine removed but I do have an RO buddie and it works well.

I run 1.0 in veg unless they ask for more. 1.4 to 1.6 in flower with shine. All this info is in the veg bloom kiss thread. You should check it out.

Yeah, i am reading the Kiss thread right now. Its pretty simple with VB formula. I'm glad i found this forum and all the great ppl like you who have passion for growing and the helping hands. Thank you so much saitama

Another question, when do you use the mammoth P, how much?
Also, obviously you're not high on the Shine and thinking about dropping it? May i ask why are you dropping Shine and what will you replace it with?

Do you even use the Push Poliar Spray that's recommend in HR website? Also Life?

Thanks again saitama

Rice

onavelzy

Veteran

GR, I'm going to add my Veg+Bloom experience, fwiw. I'm hoping that's ok with Saitama.

In my first grow, I used RO/soft bloom for veg, added Shine for flower, also used Life and Push. I chose RO because my tap was running an EC of 0.6 to 0.8. Near the end of that grow, my tap was running closer to 0.4 EC

In my second grow, I thought I'd try to simplify and go with the Tap version of Bloom. Unfortunately, my tap water had jumped back up to around 0.6 to 0/7. I was having to dilute down the tap by adding a gallon or two of RO to make 5 g. It just added an extra step.
I also had to start using Ph adjustments which I never have to do when I use RO soft. It seemed like it took longer for everything to mix in as well using the Tap version. I switched back to RO after a few weeks and feel it's simpler than trying to make my tap water work. If it was 0.4, I'd probably still be using the Tap version though.

I haven't used the foliar or life much this go round. I'm just forgetful usually. Can't say I see a lot of difference so far but I'm only 5 weeks into flower.

One thing I did have to add to the regimen this grow was more Epsom salts for supplemental magnesium. I'm growing some Sativas and they went into a very hard mag deficiency even before I got to bloom. I add about a half a teaspoon per gallon. Everything has been good and green since I bumped up the mag.

I'm very pleased with the V+B so far. Very simple and it mixes with my water to the right ph and EC. Three of my plants were supposed to be somewhat finicky and I read they needed decreased nitrogen in flower phase. They haven't shown any signs of problems so far so I'm pretty sold on it.

It all comes down to what water you're working with and how your plants react.

Hope that helps but you're gonna do well by following Saitama's advice

One last tidbit, my experience, not Saitamas so use as you will. With regards to RO sourcing, I've just been going to the grocery store and using the Glacier RO vending machine outside. I found one that costs $1 per 5g. It adds up over the whole grow but I was advised by an experienced ICMag grower that it's not the RO system you buy that costs you, it's the filter replacement. I've just found it easier to stop by the store very now and then and fill up my four 5 gallon bottles.

One person's experience, fwiw

saitama

Yeah, i am reading the Kiss thread right now. Its pretty simple with VB formula. I'm glad i found this forum and all the great ppl like you who have passion for growing and the helping hands. Thank you so much saitama

Another question, when do you use the mammoth P, how much?
Also, obviously you're not high on the Shine and thinking about dropping it? May i ask why are you dropping Shine and what will you replace it with?

Do you even use the Push Poliar Spray that's recommend in HR website? Also Life?

Thanks again saitama

Rice

I'm happy to actually be of help for once. I use MP on every feeding per the label's amounts. It just makes things simpler. Might be more expensive, but I feel like it's easier to manage this way.

Shine makes me res kind of nasty. When I was using straight V+B, it was very clean. I plan to just use the V+B to be able to use my res to water seedlings and clones at a diluted rate as well as feeding my vegging plants. I noticed tip burn when I started adding shine. I also had a pump issue that possibly let my pots to dry for a day, so that may be it. That said, it could also be me overdosing know the P since I am using MP as well.

Used push and life, but haven't used this run and they're just fine.

I do use real growers recharge every now and then as a top dress and I don't see any downside to it.

I never found out if you were using HPS or MH for veg.

Good luck.

Got rice, bitch? Got rice? Anything you can show that is nice? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

GotRice

20148751_1224288517680916_768767187_o_zpsdidz4j6o.jpg.html

20196323_1224288867680881_744071545_o_zps0pi5gvfw.jpg.html

My Light and my plant 40 days in Veg. It's not growing, so little, skinny and short.

GotRice

I'm happy to actually be of help for once. I use MP on every feeding per the label's amounts. It just makes things simpler. Might be more expensive, but I feel like it's easier to manage this way.

Shine makes me res kind of nasty. When I was using straight V+B, it was very clean. I plan to just use the V+B to be able to use my res to water seedlings and clones at a diluted rate as well as feeding my vegging plants. I noticed tip burn when I started adding shine. I also had a pump issue that possibly let my pots to dry for a day, so that may be it. That said, it could also be me overdosing know the P since I am using MP as well.

Used push and life, but haven't used this run and they're just fine.

I do use real growers recharge every now and then as a top dress and I don't see any downside to it.

I never found out if you were using HPS or MH for veg.

Good luck.

Got rice, bitch? Got rice? Anything you can show that is nice? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

My Veg Light 36" from Canopy:
1000w Metal Halide Lamp, 6k Blue
65 CRI, Burn Horizontal.

I am thinking to use Root exhilarator Gold for Veg from Days 1 - 7.

Is that okay or should i use it for longer period?

Or would it go well with VegBloom?

Rice

GotRice

hello new day,

Question: What is a consider a wet and dried period, to help the root grow?

to help me have better understanding, please help explaining more in details.

My few example of wet and dry; Veg Stage Day 1 - 7. Plant in 3.8 L (0.8 Gallon) Air pot or should i have a smaller pot for Veg day 1-7?

1. Feed the plant once to run-off and not feed them again for 3-4 days? Then feed them again when the Coco are still a little wet?

OR

2. Feed the plant once but NOT to run-off and not feed them again for 3-4 days and let the Coco completely dry out then feed them again?

OR

3. Please give an example in more details so I know exactly what to look for when I feed them for the first time, how long should I let them dry out and what SIGN do I look for before I feed them again?

Thanks again guys, looking forward to learn.

Rice

saitama

hello new day,

Question: What is a consider a wet and dried period, to help the root grow?

to help me have better understanding, please help explaining more in details.

My few example of wet and dry; Veg Stage Day 1 - 7. Plant in 3.8 L (0.8 Gallon) Air pot or should i have a smaller pot for Veg day 1-7?

1. Feed the plant once to run-off and not feed them again for 3-4 days? Then feed them again when the Coco are still a little wet?

OR

2. Feed the plant once but NOT to run-off and not feed them again for 3-4 days and let the Coco completely dry out then feed them again?

OR

3. Please give an example in more details so I know exactly what to look for when I feed them for the first time, how long should I let them dry out and what SIGN do I look for before I feed them again?

Thanks again guys, looking forward to learn.

Rice

I would like to kindly ask you to start your own thread and link me to it so I can help there.

saitama

Video from day 49. lol I apologize for the autofocus bs. Will have better ones soon.

[YOUTUBEIF]https://youtu.be/3jTrcEIrxEg[/YOUTUBEIF]

Latest posts

Latest posts