What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

URGENT ASSISTANCE REQUIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmo666

looking forward to the changeover
hope everything goes smooth
praise to Gypsy Nirvana you started this so long ago and now moving into the future enlightenment comes to those who wait
​​​​​​​thankyou

sneezydog

Aloha Yall, good to see you two on here together, Gypsy Nirvana and CosmicGiggle. idk why only 1 linked...
I have some urgent assistance required! :)
I asked you, gypsy, to have my account turned off, as Sertaiz. i could go for it being reinstated, if that is possible.
I reincarnated as cudme and was trying to get my post count up and somehow angered cosmicgiggle who banned me for i dont know what. Its funny because i agree with a lot that cosmic says. I can stay out of any political threads, people are holding it down there so i dont need to add my o2. let me know if possible and then delete the post or i will!:):)

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Sorry sneezy, there must be some confusion, there is no Cudme in the list of banned users, but if you do a search there was a Cudme now listed as 'Guest'.

...... also, nothing turns up for 'sertaiz'. :confused:

sneezydog

Aloha! Thank you Cosmic I appreciate it. I posted a bit in the cob thread, which was the reason for my joining IC . i am permabanned through chrome which is fine really, but i didnt want to pretend i was a new user as sneezy without checking in with yall first as i didnt want to be "sneaking" :):):)
I will continue as sneezydog happily and get my post count up.

StevenHXF

Administrator
Hey all, thought I'd post an update to keep you all in the loop.

So we spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday setting up a new Xen install and running the import. As expected the whole process took around 48 hours, this included the initial import and changes that need to be made to various settings to complete the switch.

We're now confident that when we do push the button that the downtime will be what we expect. On that front, we've had to commission a new server for the final migration and our hosting provider has said that it will not be in place until the 6th. With that in mind our plan is now this:

April 6/7th: Configure server
April: 8th Set up skeleton XenForo
April 8th or 11th: Take final dumps and disable current ICMag for final migration to take place

Sorry about this but there's not a lot we can do. If we start on the 8th (Friday) the site will be back up by the Monday, if we do the 11th it will be back up by the Wednesday.

For the duration of the downtime we will be operating a Twitter account where you'll be able follow progress updates, you won't need to sign in to or up for Twitter to view these. You'll also be able to jump on a Discord server that we'll have set up and chat with everyone on there.

I know this is yet more delays but we're happy with the tests we did, we just want to have some extra headroom on the server so that we don't have to do this again post launch.

Thanks to everybody for being patient and putting up with delay after delay, especially Gyp.

Stephen

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you for the news! Happy to hear we are moving forward. 2 weeks is nothing compared to the wait before.
Hope to hear you guys soon with the "all good!" update after all this goes on so we can just go back to our grows and stuff!
Peace and puffs! :joint:

StevenHXF

Administrator
Hey all.

Just a quick one to let you know that we’re going to be locking things down tomorrow evening (PDT).

That might change slightly and be a little earlier as we’re beholden to the Xen guy in the US.

We’ve set up a discord and twitter account so people can chat and follow progress, I’ll post a message on here tomorrow morning (GMT) with more details.

Exciting times.

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Hey all.

Just a quick one to let you know that we’re going to be locking things down tomorrow evening (PDT).

That might change slightly and be a little earlier as we’re beholden to the Xen guy in the US.

We’ve set up a discord and twitter account so people can chat and follow progress, I’ll post a message on here tomorrow morning (GMT) with more details.

Exciting times.

:hotbounce

Status
Not open for further replies.