gizmo666

i will gladly help
but
i'm not exactly technical minded when it comes to computers lols
anything you want me to do just pm me

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
If you are having log in problems or permission problems (can't click anything) - your browser's cache might be the culprit. Under settings / security you can clear your cache. Flipping back and forth between new and old versions leaves some residual trace in the cache. I had to clear the cache every time I switched versions - thanks to Steven's suggestion btw. This will mean however, that any auto logins will also be cleared and you will have to log in to all of your favorite sites again - so keep your password list handy.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you are having log in problems or permission problems (can't click anything) - your browser's cache might be the culprit. Under settings / security you can clear your cache. Flipping back and forth between new and old versions leaves some residual trace in the cache. I had to clear the cache every time I switched versions - thanks to Steven's suggestion btw. This will mean however, that any auto logins will also be cleared and you will have to log in to all of your favorite sites again - so keep your password list handy.

You can clear the cookies/cache for ICMAG without doing others. Just use the search bar. I tried this with no luck.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What do I need to do to check out the new version? Where do I go? Is there a link?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What do I need to do to check out the new version? Where do I go? Is there a link?

No. you need to PM StevenHXF for the info needed. Its not just a click on a link thing. Some editing of your host file is needed.

If he doesn't respond he might already have enough testers. I know a lot of people just got added.

I noticed my email here I used long ago was still listed so I changed it.. We must input our current password to change any account settings. After adding my good email and my current password it saved it with no issues. So it's not me imputing the wrong password. The test site has a password for me I don't know?. Also, I'm pretty sure I should get a confirmation email after adding the new one.. I haven't got that yet. It's not in the spam folder.

I tried the forgot password link on the test site. I used my old email to locate me as a use, it did. I never got an email to rest my password.

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
It is possible that new site for tests doesn't have an email server set up yet.
As about password not matching, yeah, it is weird!

StevenHXF

Administrator
I was able to get the Test site up. It would not let me log in.. I kept getting an incorrect password.. I thought it was supposed to be the same as the public site? I also made a new account but never got a confirmation email

Hi Hammerhead, I'll be in touch either later today or tomorrow with updated login credentials so that you can log in.

StevenHXF

Administrator
It is possible that new site for tests doesn't have an email server set up yet.
As about password not matching, yeah, it is weird!

That's correct. Email is currently disabled on the test site so password forgot emails will rather helpfully not be sent.

Once we finish the final test import of Old Galleries and implementing the embed album into post functionality we'll look at turning it on. We've been working on polls and how they tie into node permissions this morning.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Like during the last site move, there needs to be a chat server set up, in case we loose anyone. We don't want to create orphans. An e-mail would also be good. I only got onto the chat server once. I think by link on the boards. The direct root was not secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.