What's new

Ur Favorite Beer?

G

Guest3498

delirium_noel1.jpg

Wish this was still on the shelves... So good!!

G

Guest3498

My place down in RI has been out since I bought the last bottle last week! Asked the manager and he said they wouldn't be getting any more. :shucks:

Pretty tasty though I been a big fan of the belgian stuff lately. I'm a solid weed nerd but the whole beer nerd thing is pretty new to me still.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
I am allergic to beer. Found out a year ago. The last beer I ever had was a Heiniken in Amsterdam. I was sick that evening. I don't miss beer at all.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
HHHMMMMMMMmmmmmmmnnnnnn!!!! nice selection you have listed there my lovely Bojangles. Here's a pic of the absolute best IndiaPaleAle I have ever had the pleasure of tasting. I cannot believe it's an American, my inner beer snob is repulsed but my honest -and frankly, greedy- taste buds are delighted...
And here's what the best lager in the world looks like...

Scribbly Gum, need I say more..?

those torpedos are strong, a 12 pack makes me :bump:

N

Nondual

sierra nevada torpedo!
I'll second that!

Pretty tasty though I been a big fan of the belgian stuff lately. I'm a solid weed nerd but the whole beer nerd thing is pretty new to me still.
Have you tried the stuff from Ommegang? It's from New York and not too bad. One of the local health food stores stopped carrying it a few years back and a bit bummed. They also used to carry the full line from Chimay which is primo but expensive!

I've been a beer nerd for over 10 years. Looked at going to the Siebel Institute in Chicago to get my brewmaster degree so I just had to start tasting beer...hiccup.

those torpedos are strong, a 12 pack makes me :bump:
Damn bro I could only get through a 6 pack of those.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
well right now im drinking a MILWAUKEE'S BEST PREMIUM bammmmmmm! lol shits dirt cheap and got a nice crisp taste.

for cheap beer i go with old milwaukee, bud light, budweiser, milwaukees best premium, blatz, PBR, highlife. anything made in wisconsin

if I spend a little bit more usually anything from newglarus, stella is real good.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jiggy one day sir, a Pliny...tis my quest!

Just finished some Hopslam the other day...seasonal masterpiece!
Also some love to Founders Backwoods Bastard, excellent beer!

dank.Frank

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
been drinking the new pale ale from shiner. its pretty good. i like it a bit better than the mardi gras bock from abita i was also drinking

wild_hare_six-910x1024.jpg

Abita-Mardi-Gras-Bock.png

hope to to find something new this weekend.

C

Chamba

What does beer cost in the US?...for example, what would you pay for an imported beer like Heineken or a Sapporo from a local liquor store, shop or supermarket? What does Bud or Miller cost per can over there?

I pay about a buck a can for local beer, cans of imported beers like Heineken or premium Japanese beer cost about $1.20 ~ $1.60 per can.

I used to be a beer snob, but now buy any beer that's on special..for the past few weeks I've been drinking a Danish beer called "Bear Beer" it's a green can with white polar beer ...it's tastes ok, not quite my taste, but it's drinkable, best part of all it's only just over $3.00 for 3 x 500 ml cans. And like more than a few other beers now, this "Danish" beer is brewed in different country, in this case Germany. Maybe this beer is brewed in Denmark for local consumption and they brew in Germany for export? Carlsberg beer in a can here is brewed in Malaysia..and it tastes like it too! (not good at all!)

anyway, cheers, time for another Bear Beer!

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
What does beer cost in the US?...for example, what would you pay for an imported beer like Heineken or a Sapporo from a local liquor store, shop or supermarket? What does Bud or Miller cost per can over there?

I mostly buy American craft beer. Prices for 6-packs range from $6 (Some Sam Adams Products) to $15 for some of the stronger seasonal offerings (Hop Slam), with an average price in the $8-$10 range. Bombers (22.5oz) go for anywhere between $3 (for Sierra Nevada products) all they way up to $10 or more (for the stronger 3 Floyds stuff).

Most of the imported beer I buy is Belgian. I pay about $10 for stuff like 750ml bottles of Red Chimay and Duvel. I have no idea what Bud, Miller, or Heineken cost. They all suck pretty bad IMO and I would rather drink water.

Pine

bunkerman

czechs are the absolute best(the rest are the largest consumers worldwide)...belgian is better after a meal, and the germans during....
in italy are the best FORST and PEDAVENA
.. american beers seem to piss with carbon dioxide .. :moon:

:tiphat:

N

Nondual

czechs are the absolute best(the rest are the largest consumers worldwide)...belgian is better after a meal, and the germans during....
in italy are the best FORST and PEDAVENA
.. american beers seem to piss with carbon dioxide .. :moon:

:tiphat:
There's some brew pubs that offer hand pumped ales. First time I had one was at Moylans in Novato CA. At first I was like uhhhh but after drinking my first sip was sold. Definitely not the same as flat beer. It was delicious!

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
.. american beers seem to piss with carbon dioxide ..

I was in Belgium last year drinking beer and I have to say that Europeans don't have a very good understanding of the American craft brew scene. I would argue that America is producing the best beer in the wold today. You just can't buy any of it in Europe. Heck a lot of the stuff you can't even buy in a neighboring state.

Pine

C

Chamba

.. american beers seem to piss with carbon dioxide ..

Yeah, most of the USA big brand beers to me taste watery, light and lacking in character...but everyone's tastes are different. A Bud is good after a pizza or burger meal while many Euro beers would be too heavy to drink after fast food on a warm day.

My favorite beer brand by far is Miller's "High Life" beer......how could I not!

Latest posts

Latest posts