What's new

Unofficial Coco Coir Growers Thread

Blatant

Allright! Allright! Lets break it up boys. I want a clean fight. No hitting below the belt. Now head to your corners and come out Growing!

You must have had a bad batch. Real short fibers maybe. Just repot with a fresh batch. CocoGro never let me down. Didn't mean to jump all over ya, I just make sure I have plenty of run off coming out of my pots for two reasons. So no salt biulds up inside the Coco (it retains a lot), and to keep Root Zone fed with Oxygen from the Water pulling fresh air to the Root Zone.

Blatant :wave:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
that's a new one for me. coco coir that doesn't drain? sounds kinda impossible if you know what i mean. some time a batch of coco can be very dry when it's new, this means it can take up huge amounts of water before its saturated and starts to let it drain. so just try adding more and more ph corrected water until it starts flowing out again. then you are ready to go.

i have seen some very different types of coco, from the raw unprocessed stuff packed into slabs while still full of salt, to the best canna coco treated with trichoderma and pre washed to an ec of about 1.0 but all of it has flushed in the end, you just have to keep adding water. the high ec coco needs thorough flushing before use, but apart from that it will work great too.

G

what do you guys think about using biogrow on coco ? if I understand well, coco kinda traps nitrogen and magnesium, so it would be a good idea to use more biogrow on coco than one uses on soil....right ?

G

Try whatever nutes you want and see how it goes. I've done 2 runs using b'cuzz coco and floranova nutes and had good results.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
like bonecarver said, when growing in coco you really should use coco specific nutrients, i have gotten nothing but great results from cannas coco a+B, but there are others, the main thing is that it's coco specific. then you can just sit back and watch your plants develop, lol.

G

I have not used coco specific nutes w/coco and have had very good results... I have seen pure blend pro work very well and I used floranova on a few grows with very good results.

no reason not to to try the nutes of your choice and see how they work for you...imo.

Last edited:
G

because of the taste mineral nutes give, but if I dont use them there'll be no taste at all I guess...

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Cool coco thread

Cool coco thread

Glad I found this thread....I am trying to learn to grow with coco in pots and bags....
By next summer I think I am transitioning to a full blown coco/perlite/hydrotron drip feed (trees/bushes)....

I am handwatering using Botanicare with a 50/50 coco/perlite mix....
I really like this Botanicare coco

peace

B

bonecarver_OG

we are trying bio boost at this very moment :D lets see if its effective or not :D it seems so but cant tell for sure untill after a few rounds :D

peace

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
does anybody in this thread flush weekly or at any regularly scheduled intervals? I use enzymes by the way.... my mix is coco/perlite 50/50

thanks for any input in advance

Blatant

Nope. No flushing weekly for me. I get enough runoff from my system that keeps the biuld up to a minimum. I've used Carboload and eventually moved to Mollasses in a Drip Feed system Kenny. Works just fine. Doesn't clog up at all.

Blatant :wave:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
GroNut said:
i have not used coco specific nutes w/coco and have had very good results... I have seen pure blend pro work very well and I used floranova on a few grows with very good results.

no reason not to to try the nutes of your choice and see how they work for you...imo.

hm that's very interesting. because i have seen quite a few situations were people had trouble after about 3 weeks of flowering when using non specific nutes in coco coir. but i guess if you have seen pbp do a good job, that some what changes things. although i will not be the one to take responsibility for advising some one to grow in coco with non coco specific nutes. too many times have i seen what should be a simple grow turn into a big hassle because not enough N was getting to the plants in flower and then not enough mag, then salts are added and it's too much mag and so on, not for me thanks, lol.

A kelp-type product will help keep up light levels of N during flowering, so you dont get an early yellow-off. Also it has all those growth hormones which are nice all throughout the cycle... Plus micros that are important when there really chugging away!

G

gaius, you're right bro.. probably not a good idea to commit a whole crop for testing... a plant or two would be a better choice for that. :joint:

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts