What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unofficial Coco Coir Growers Thread

guanito

flush problems

flush problems

look what happened after depriving nutes for the flush - all burned up!

picture.php

picture.php

this one wasn't quite ready for the flush but see how I fucked her up.

picture.php

:look at this:

epicseeds

why would a flush burn your nutes like that? a flush should just be PH'd water

what PH are you at? what is your water like? even the bottom of your tables look rusty or filled with something nasty

C99 at 43 days in 1gal pots of coco. Cocotek a/b + liquid koolbloom. Fed by blumats.

Attachments

• IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 48

TrU1

Glad i found this thread i am new to growing thought i do a little saving and fun just doing it my self
I have some organic nutrients i got but the soil i have is gold label coco coir and some microb stuff can i use this all together or any links that could help im reading this thread hopefully by the end i have ny answer if not any help is appreciated thank you in advance

TrU1

Budswel 0-0.7-0* Kelp*logic 0-0-13 Mykos doesnt have any* Or azos* Bioheaven 1-0.1-0.1 Hawaian bud* 5-50-17* Alg a mic* 0.1-0-0.2

floppy

I have read 111 pages over 3 days, lol

im changing over to coco from soil after about 15 years of growing in soil.

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1, if my strain is a 8 week, when is best to start flushing? I plan on feeding daily, with iws dropper imperium plus timer, mabe 2/3 smaller feeds per lights on cycle.

2, I have some canna coco a+b & canna pk, but I have started my cuttings in 1ltr fabric pots, & feeding them canna terra vega, they look fantastic! would I be ok to carry on with my canna terra vega/flores? as I know them & dosages etc, & if i run into trouble flush & swap to canna coco a+b.

3, I have hard water ec 0.4, will I need to add calmag?

thanks people, I can give my eyes a rest now, lol

Attachments

• 20180830_094903-800x800.jpg
    20180830_094903-800x800.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 53

Burt

Veteran
You will be very impressed with coco
It enabled me to quit my day job
I always amend my coco with dolomite lime and in flowering feed ORGANIC molasses twice weekly
Using molasses and some outgassed tap water will prevent deficiencies of both Cal and Mag
Ro water is simply huge and I personally like to start with 0 PPM water and add from there
Best of luck

Home-Grown

I have Nutrient Film Technique (NFT) Hydroponic System.
Use General Hydroponics 3 Part Flora Series. (+ Epsom Salts).
I like using Micro, Flora, Bloom and make fine adjustments to mixes.

NEW

Im mixing 70 Ltr of Hy-gen COCO Peat with
45 Ltr of Canna Clay Pebbles.
Put in 4x Plastic Buckets, bit of plastic mesh in the bottom.

Not looking to spend any more money.
I have a general question about the best GH 3 Part Mixes,
for the Growing and flowering Stages of Cannabis in Coco.

`

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Lucas Formula links

"
Lucas Formula when growing in Coco Coir - Head's Formula

If you're growing in coco, you may need to adjust the Lucas formula slightly to compensate for a property of coco which may result in a calcium or magnesium deficiency. How? You may be able to get by simply by adding 1-2ml of calmag (or MagiCal+), or 1 gram of Epsom salt (any pharmacy carries this), per gallon of water, before feeding the plants.

There is a modified formula specifically for Coco that consists of using a different ratio: 6ml of Flora Micro, and 9ml of Flora Bloom, per gallon of water, along with 1 gram of Epsom salt per water.

Either works, but be sure to try Head's Formula if you're having deficiencies or other nute/pH problems.
"

Home-Grown

Lucas Formula links

"
Lucas Formula when growing in Coco Coir - Head's Formula

If you're growing in coco, you may need to adjust the Lucas formula slightly to compensate for a property of coco which may result in a calcium or magnesium deficiency. How? You may be able to get by simply by adding 1-2ml of calmag (or MagiCal+), or 1 gram of Epsom salt (any pharmacy carries this), per gallon of water, before feeding the plants.

There is a modified formula specifically for Coco that consists of using a different ratio: 6ml of Flora Micro, and 9ml of Flora Bloom, per gallon of water, along with 1 gram of Epsom salt per water.

Either works, but be sure to try Head's Formula if you're having deficiencies or other nute/pH problems.
"

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have been around the Over Grow years, understand the Lucas Formular and choose to use the 3Parts and Epsom.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Use General Hydroponics 3 Part Flora Series. (+ Epsom Salts).
I like using Micro, Flora, Bloom and make fine adjustments to mixes.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Online before asking question here: Downloaded some mixes for GH 3Part Coco to drain.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]`
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Home-Grown

Not claiming these 3Part Coco mixes are good or bad, just sharing.

I will be using Large Pots and limmited to water/fert once per day.
The Coco plants will be only used for seed production.

This is my first time with Coco, and as with NFT, I will keep notes and work on Fert levels.

If you use another General Hydroponics,
3Part to drain Mix for Coco, please share.

`

Last edited:

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
first time flowering in coco. Usually run rockwools ebb and flow.Here's some Trainwreck I've got going in 1 gallon pots of canna brick coco, top feed drip 3x a day 10mn each time, pbp with foxfarm trio boosters and pk 13/14. 4 different strains In The tray. 47 days in.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I don't know yet. This is the first run since switching. I do know my plant count is a lot less. Normally I'd run 20 to 27 per tray. This run there's only 8 in it so I can't really use this to guage. My next round will be 20 some ecsd in smartpots of coco so that will be a more accurate comparison.

Home-Grown

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Smartpots are exspensive with shipping to AU.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My guess is Smartpots would not be good with heat.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am thinking about the small square Garbage Bins.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Perhaps a Green SuperMarket Bag in a vented plastic pot could work.
[/FONT]

For me Coco Coir is good growing medium. it retain the moisture in it for a long time which is good for growing plants. Right now I am growing hot peppers in coco coir.
coir release nutrients at slower rate then rockwool, perlite etc which means less feedings and continuous supply of nutrients.
preparing coco coir for use is complex process. Always check the pH level at different stages of growth