What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unofficial Coco Coir Growers Thread

gr866

Veteran
Big Buddha Cheese

My worksheet, I do one for each rez fill, good for records.
Am at day 48 of 12/12. This is my second rez fill that I dropped Canna B and added Dry KoolBloom @ 0.5 grams/gallon instead. Will run this through for the next four days and then after checking trichs may run it for another 4 days.
picture.php

View image in gallery

A couple of pics from the past few days.

Everything is fairly smooth, I backed off the CaliMagic a little to much for the amount of base nutes used and got a bit a deficiency but think i have corrected it.

GR

sk8rdad

Wow, lots more amazing material in this last 112 pages, between reading this all and having finished bonecarvers handwatering thread I think I should be ready to start once I get through heads formula and feel I have a good grasp of what I’m doing nutrient wise �� thanks to all who asked and answered in this thread. Wonderfully informative and making me more confident the more I read that I may be able to pull off growing a plant ���� happy growing all!

Home-Grown

canna a and b guaranteed element analysis

canna a and b guaranteed element analysis

Anybody got a copy of Canna a and b, Guaranteed Analysis or Label with the data?

How do you rate Canna vrs Advanced Coco Nutrients used alone without additives?

Last edited:

Home-Grown

I uses pure blend pro. I don't follow any chart, just go off of how the plants are looking.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Botanicare Feed Chart:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]https://www.planetnatural.com/wp-content/uploads/botanicare-feed-chart.pdf
[/FONT]
Looking at the Product Guaranteed Analysis that are public, some coco nutrients have been designed for in-house Coco properties. Some of which, have likely been chemically stripped of elements. Short of the Canna Products Technical Analysis, I have been working with Sensi data ATM.

Home-Grown

The chart says i should be feeding 1k ml. If I did my plants would be burning. I'm at about 750ml /40gallons

I started NFT Hydroponics with some backyard scrap material and 3part GH, no money or EC meter.
Operating for several years writting down the multiple of base mix.
Like 0.1x,,,, up to ,,,1.75x.

Turns out the seedling mix was to about 250ppm (Eurotech device).
NFT Bloom to 1,500ppm which was than limmited to 1400ppm.

When I moved to Coco the max bloom strength with plants 18-24 inch is <400ppm.
Hand water with a good 20% drainage, Calmag in all ferts and no flush.
NFT makes Coco growth look very slow, but I like the break for a while.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
I got it in coco when i was using white yogurt containers, it must have been growing all along the sidewalls and definitely on the top of the coco. it wasnt a problem until it got to be a bit too much, you could tell it wasnt that great to have in there after awhile.

they got moved to other pots and with new coco covering the tops, the algae went away.

it cant grow without light

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I'm currently running coco/perlite in 3 gal Rediroot containers. Organic/salt combo fertilizers. Tribus + Mammoth P too. The rootball has literally turned into a set of lungs. Unreal. Overgrow the world folks. Coco is the way.

-Funk

Chappi

Anyone here use tea brews in coco? Does it work as a stand alone method of feeding or do you have to supplement with other things?