What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Underrated and Overloked Strains

bostrom155

MedUser420 said:
SQ yields average, but makes up for it with its amazing potency. You should get some interesting phenos from the f2s. Sorry no pics
Med one more quick question, how long does it flower?

N

Neptune

I'm talking about a local mexican sativa I picked up in a small Pueblo while traveling in mexico, not something from a seedbank.... though a seedbank may well have these genes.

The bud I was gifted was fully seeded, tight, dense, and tasted like dank skunk... not much grass, but some. This was outdoor grown in the local climate, it would be very hard to replicate this experience indoors, or in another climate -- but certainly doable, which I am doing right now... those fine seeds were pocketed.

It helps that I was meandering through a beautiful subtropical forrest during the time, later to return to a full starlit sky after sunset.

Good news.

Good news.

Good thread, guys. A list of underrated/overlooked strains is a good source of info for new and experienced growers. I asked around when I started and several folks told me about Blue Mystic. I'm growing some of that bud now. I saw a vote earlier for Lowrider. My vote is for Master Low from the Lowryder strain. The other creeper/sleeper pick is Aurora Indica. Lots of bang for your buck.
regards
Rev :cool:

Opt1983

Aurora indica does not impress me, but i pry jus dont have a good pheno. For 15 bux...its worth it to grab it. I've mostly grown nirvana strains to date, and Papaya is the best out of all of them...besides my skunk 1 freebies... ooooo is she beautiful! -Opt

bostrom155

MedUser420 said:
I flower mine out for 55-60 days.

Thanks Med, just got 1 female out of three, oh well, i have 5 more in veg, hopfully better odds.

Opt1983, i been growing AI out for a year, and yes thiers a few diff pheno's. If three is possible, one i don't care much for the other too are about the same one is more purple the other green. Finally thought about cloning the good ones.
I'm doing a seed list as well, and Papaya is close to making it. How is the yield and how long to flower.
Some others include:
Ice
Blue Mystic
AK48
Master Kush
and Snow White

Couple shots of AI

Kiefer

Great thread.. i've grown papaya, demand was for as much and in some cases beat out sour diesal(not to downplay sour dies at all, this is to serve as a credit to papaya, and of course, some people prefer SD.. everyone has their preference).. I've grown early pearl outside, did pretty well, but didnt overhsadow the much cheaper (and, in my limited case higher yielding) nirvana hollands hope (grown at 43N) the papaya also did well outside, being a very potent strain.. just obtained some new and more designer strains, so we'll see what stacks up.. If reeferman wasnt getting so much credit lately, I might say he was underated, but that kinda hard, seeing as how I hear only good things.. anyways, im sure i'll follow this thread a bit.

Last edited:

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Paradise Seeds : Sensi* , Durga Mata , DutchDragon, BellaDonna
Reffers Romulan , BurmaBerry
Dman :OrangeSpice, RedWiddow ,
and many more which i cant remember
aja i can hehehe :tongue:
TH Seeds Sage,Sage + Sour , BubbleGum,The HOG
Fj
PS: being HOG the most potent of the bunch

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
there are some great strains that i have not heard of in here. i am interested in learning about the HOG that fjall.. speaks of. great contributions people. i have done some looking around and want to ask what your opinions on the pineapple c99s are? keep looking out for those sleeper strains people.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stonehedge Sagarmatha and Haze#19xSkunk Nirvana B.V. :joint:

Last edited:
G

kalimist serious seeds a good smoke its self. but good as a crossing strain.i crossed it to a bogs sweetc99 and it is some killer smoke.

B

BeAn

Sunycheba's Floater..

Sunycheba's Floater..

I havent seen any grow reports, only what the breeder has posted..

Dj Short's Flo x Jacks Cleaner x Blueberry..

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i do not know if it has been said, but i have done some reading and read great things about sensi's maple leaf indica being a big secret. also i will add that their fruity juice is not heard of often. both are sleepers in my opinion.

Awol/CoA

I have to say K2 is over-looked...
The few reports I've read about it have all been good.

I've grown this myself and it gave a great stone (headish) and
the potency was up there with my White Widow's, although
that was sort of expected as it's said to be a sister of WW.

PeAcE...
Awol.

beancounter

Veteran
maple leaf indica, LUI, blockhead, Hashberry (all of Mandala's stuff is worth every penny, it's wll bred imho), The Pure (SK #1 from Flying D.), AK99, ducksfoot.

From Paradise: Belladona, Nebula, Sensi Star, Durga Mata (can get beautiful colours) and Swiss Bliss from Paradise.

Sensi:Black Domina, California Indica, Mother's Finest, Shiva SKunk, Silver Haze

Chimera : Aurora, C-Plus, C4, Calizahr, Frost Bite, Mental Floss, Mt. Jam & Schnazzleberry #1 & 2.

I know there's quite a few more, but this stuff is often overlooked and it's unfortunate.

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
beancounter said:
Sensi:Black Domina, California Indica, Mother's Finest, Shiva SKunk, Silver Haze

could you tell me everything you know about silver haze please. i am very interested in this one and wonder if it is worth the 100 bones. i have smoked it once at the cup in 05 and it was my fav. what is its lineage and did de dampkring use a sensi silver haze for their entry in 05? any other info on it as appreciated too. peace and smoke.

G

Northernberry.Northern lights x blueberry.I'm growing an f2 of Peak Seed's northernberry that I got from Hygro seeds that is some pretty,potent and tasty shit. I have like 8 strains going and northernberry is continually one of my favorites.

kushedout

Sheherazade and Belladonna are definately ones to look into. Sheherezade being the indica and Belladonna being the Sativa depending on your situation.

Latest posts

Latest posts