What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Underrated and Overloked Strains

Azaghal

Veteran
Hi everyone, :tiphat:

Very interesting crosses you're doing with Santa Maria, idiit !

I too think that SM is an overlooked strain.
Would like too see or do a crosses like Reina Madre x Santa Maria, Ciskei x SM or Destroyer x SM one day in the future but that`s pure fantasizing for now ......

I'd like to share some pics and experiences from a single female, regular autoflowering plant called "Green Rasta" aka Guerillas Blend by the Breeder Buzzer Organic Seeds.

It is a cross between a Santa Maria and Lowryder ( Santa Maria x Lowryder ) and stabilized to F3 generation.
I got to know the genetic backround after i grew it and smoked the first buds at a weekend long festival.

The effect was really euphoric, motivating , thought provoking and put an instant smile in my face. Felt positivly connected to the surrounding enviroment.

After this experience I contacted the breeder and he told me about the genetics.

This leads me to the conclusion that the "Feel good" qualities are promoted by the mother genetics which is Santa Maria like idiit said by defining her as a sport .

Also, like hugo23 already said, Erdbeer/Strawberry is a very good and overlooked strain IMO.

Got Alpine Seeds Erdbeer x Sweet Pink Grapefruit F1 and two other F1 crosses, Erdbeer x OG LL and Erdbeer x ( Apollo 11 x C99) from MoD. Can really recommend Alpine Seeds and their strains like previous users did !

Cheers

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 13
  • CIMG0142.jpg
    CIMG0142.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

hugo23

Erdbeer x Sweet Pink Grapefruit IBL

Erdbeer x Sweet Pink Grapefruit IBL

This is one of my Erdbeer x Sweet Pink Grapefruit IBL from Alpine Seeds, growing right now.

picture.php

hugo23

Got Alpine Seeds Erdbeer x Sweet Pink Grapefruit F1 and two other F1 crosses, Erdbeer x OG LL and Erdbeer x ( Apollo 11 x C99) from MoD. Can really recommend Alpine Seeds and their strains like previous users did !
wow, you got really interesting erdbeer crosses in stock. I'm jealous.
Please make a report when you grow them.

Peace

M.R.GT

Veteran
Not sure but think the original yumbolt was Motas work (??)
Pretty sure the original Herijuana was which i still have and covet.
Cosmic nights = sensi star x with NL #2... think it was a quicky
that Mota d/c'd ( too early imo... ).. it rocked!!.. too bad I lost her

Mota's Heri came from woodhorse .

nvthis

Nice thread! Seems you would have made the short list by asking what strains are just completely over rated :p

idiit

Veteran
heri is far from under-rated and far from overlooked. almost like calling kush or chem under-rated/overlooked.

idiit

Veteran
metal haze might qualify as the best most underutilized haze strain. check out "metal haze".

WelderDan

Veteran
An over looked and definitely under rated strain is Nirvana Jock Horror.

I had one pheno that had a top cola the size of a 2 liter soda bottle, and the thing looked like it had been rolled in sugar. It was strong stuff, and the first weed I'd had in years that actually made me paranoid. I sent some to my brother, and he called me and said the same thing.

I keep meaning to get a pack or two and try to find that pheno again.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Sensi seeds Black Domina- don't know if recent stock is like the cut I used to run. The cut I had was around 20+ yrs old. Super fragrant, greasy nugs. When done proper, it had an orange rind smell. Still regret shit-canning the mother I had.

My seed addiction is what took her life. Finicky plant anyways, it always wanted to flower in veg. Did great outdoors though.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Sensi seeds Black Domina- don't know if recent stock is like the cut I used to run. The cut I had was around 20+ yrs old. Super fragrant, greasy nugs. When done proper, it had an orange rind smell. Still regret shit-canning the mother I had.

My seed addiction is what took her life. Finicky plant anyways, it always wanted to flower in veg. Did great outdoors though.

Interesting... .. I have bumped into the old Barcelona clone of BD, it too has a distinctive orange/tangerine rind smell, like the NYCD and Cannatonic also around, so i had assumed that it was mislabeled as I never remembered that smell being mentioned. Several friends back in the UK rated BD as their fave smoke, stupid expensive seeds, low yield and an overpowering Indica hit... But the (appeared decently grown and from several sources) Barcelona cut is not so strong or impressive. I also severely doubt it is as shit yielding as the BD I knew before as the locals would not have held her for so long...