What's new

Under or Over watering?

S

SeaMaiden

That's not the only reason why water munis are switching to chloramine. Chlorine by itself is linked to higher rates of cancer, and the EPA long ago recommended munis switch to chloramine.

isoprop

"You must spread ... " This is the message you get if you've recently clicked the helpful post button for this person one too many times. Keeps people from playing games with the reputation/point system. So to say thanks you have to post a comment instead.

Water suppliers are switching to chloramine because it is more stable. If you get an annual water quality statement from your water district it should have that information. Otherwise you can call your water supplier and tell them you keep aquarium fish and need to know whether they're using chlorine or chloramine in the water.
Ahhh ok sorry my purpose was not to cheat the reputation/point system but just to give reputation to people who helped me a lot! :biggrin: I will inform myself from the water supply company of my city. Thank you too! :biggrin:

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Ahhh ok sorry my purpose was not to cheat the reputation/point system but just to give reputation to people who helped me a lot!

No, it was trying to keep me from gaming the system. When that happens it's a tradition here to quote the message in your thank you comment.

Yeah, chlorine binds with organic matter to form compounds which can cause bladder cancer among others.

isoprop

No, it was trying to keep me from gaming the system. When that happens it's a tradition here to quote the message in your thank you comment.

Yeah, chlorine binds with organic matter to form compounds which can cause bladder cancer among others.
Ahahahah ok i got it! :biggrin:

isoprop

Hi guys, bad news! They started to wilt again after i flushed 3 of 5 yesterday night with distilled water + 1/3 biovega + 1/2 Rhizotonic @ ph 5.0. Pics attached....Right now i really do not understand their behaviour and i am starting to really being pissed off by these motherfuc***g kushes. I've got 6 previous grows and never had this sort of problems with the same setup, so what's going on? Are kushes hard to grow? I googled it and people talks about them like an easy strain to grow, so Am I stupid? :biggrin: Should I let them dry very well again and flush them again? I am stuck again....

Attachments

• CIMG4480.jpg
    CIMG4480.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 5
  • CIMG4483.jpg
    CIMG4483.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 7
  • CIMG4484.jpg
    CIMG4484.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 6
  • CIMG4485.jpg
    CIMG4485.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 7
  • CIMG4486.jpg
    CIMG4486.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 9

isoprop

so, that canna terra pro soil mix.....

is that pre-amended?

I will check it but i used it in my previous grows too and it didn't gave me this kind of problems...

I never water anything into my medium under 5.8 pH. how often do you water?

Hi usually i water them when the soil is dry i check it by weighting the pot but this time they got salt lockout problems so i was not watering them but flushing like FOE20 suggested..anyway i flushed them 2 days ago..pics attached

Attachments

• CIMG4489.jpg
    CIMG4489.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 7
  • CIMG4490.jpg
    CIMG4490.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 7
  • CIMG4491.jpg
    CIMG4491.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 9
  • CIMG4492.jpg
    CIMG4492.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 6

offthehook

Veteran
Yes, I see great improvements in the last pics. They are on their way to great recovery Isoprop.

Thing is tho, that they should not droop like that.
If all is good then when the soil is about to dry out, the leafes should be standing more upright.

I would now completely quit the flushing & drying procedure and aim for more optimal moist levels at all times.

Your roots have had some rough times, now it would be good to have em at ease.

isoprop

Yes, I see great improvements in the last pics. They are on their way to great recovery Isoprop.

Thing is tho, that they should not droop like that.
If all is good then when the soil is about to dry out, the leafes should be standing more upright.

I would now completely quit the flushing & drying procedure and aim for more optimal moist levels at all times.

Your roots have had some rough times, now it would be good to have em at ease.
Hi hook and thanks to reply :biggrin: Actually the soil is very very dry and i was planning to flush them this evening with the same process described above. Do you suggest to just water + feed them or just water? (Distilled water)

offthehook

Veteran
Just normal watering, no feed.

If your smallest growth tips are beginning to turn lighter in colour as your remainder leafes it would be time to carefully feed.

As far as I can see, your growth tips are still about the same colour as the remainder leafes.

And your leafes are also not too dark to be heavily over fed already, so by their colour I would say they are just doing fine.
It's just that they need to remake more roots for now mostly. A thing that goes the best for them under uptimal conditions. wich means not too dry or too wet.

isoprop

Just normal watering, no feed.

If your smallest growth tips are beginning to turn lighter in colour as your remainder leafes it would be time to carefully feed.

As far as I can see, your growth tips are still about the same colour as the remainder leafes.

And your leafes are also not too dark to be heavily over fed already, so by their colour I would say they are just doing fine.
It's just that they need to remake more roots for now mostly. A thing that goes the best for them under uptimal conditions. wich means not too dry or too wet.
To be honest I can't see all those improvements, but maybe it's just because i see them everyday and the growth tips on 3 ladies are already lighter in color while the other 2 are a nice dark green but all 5 are wilting. Do you suggest to mix 50/50 distilled water with tap water or still completely avoid tap water? Could i lightly feed the lighter ones or its better to avoid nutrients for a while? Later i will post some pics with some other light than the HPS so you could understand better the leaves colors. :thank you:

isoprop

i forgot to say that i LOVE this forum...if just the entire world could have the same sense of sharing, the same willingness for our neighbors and the same humanity that i see here, it could be a better place..THANK YOU EVERYONE FROM ITALY

I can definately see improvements in the last pics. They seem on their way now. I think that OFFTHEHOOK makes a good point with needing to maintain the soils moisture content at this time to help the root structure recover. They have been pretty beat up. Hygrozyme could really be beneficial at this point I believe. Or if you can find the Cannazyme. I am also running Canna nutes, substra not bio, and I substitute Hygrozyme for Cannazyme. Hygrozyme is simply the best enzyme product on the market, IMO. I have been interested in trying a vegan run myself. Study articles by Kyle Kushman as he basically created veganics and he uses Bio-Canna as well. It could be very informative for you.

Latest posts

Latest posts