What's new

UNDER CURRENT QUESTION????? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbo14

Veteran
I love my Under Current 8XL System under 3x600w lights, I will be adding 2 more 8XL Systems to a Grow Lab 290 with 4 1k lights as well as a veg rig with the 4 plant per module lids in a 4x8 Homebox XXL. These systems have been proven to be very stable and the nutrients are evenly distributed throughout the system perfectly. Only flaw I have found is the AP-60 Air pumps, my first one went out after 2 months of flower, tried to rebuild but didn't fix it. Had to purchase a new one, found one on Amazon for very cheap...

Good Vibes
turbo

UCMEGROW

There was a diy debate on the Farm site for a while but if I remember correctly TK, Jack and any other serious growers suggested just buying one and saving yourself the time......as when you add up sourcing out all the inputs and the time to build it you don't really save much.

Sounds like if you've got more time then money, build it......more money then time, buy it. Most successful growers have the latter.

BTW....I heard they kicked the AP-60's to the curb due to a factory defect......replaced them with the AP-100's.

420Gurl....rock that shit sister. :)

Last edited:

turbo14

Veteran
There was a diy debate on the Farm site for a while but if I remember correctly TK, Jack and any other serious growers suggested just buying one and saving yourself the time......as when you add up sourcing out all the inputs and the time to build it you don't really save much.

Sounds like if you've got more time then money, build it......more money then time, buy it. Most successful growers have the latter.

BTW....I heard they kicked the AP-60's to the curb due to a factory defect......replaced them with the AP-100's.

420Gurl....rock that shit sister. :)

Glad to hear they replaced the pump model, good call on that for sure...

Jack's grow is very impressive on the farm :tiphat:.

UCMEGROW - Are 2 8XL rigs scrogged with trellises in a DR 290 going to be snug? Or should I run larger spacing, less plants with 4 1ks. I thought that my 8XL fit quite nicely in the 4x8 Homebox XXL. Let me know what you think.

420Gurl - You will not be disappointed, these things are VERY user friendly and pump out some serious chunkers :wave::wave::wave:

Jah Blessings

turbo :plant grow:

Neo 420

Veteran
Quick questions. With the centers being so far apart the intensity of the light decreases a lot, so do you have any problem with "airy" buds near the center of the plant?
Or do you do some nice plucking to allow light to penetrate better, or just lollipop near the main stem?

Aren't those type of spacing from center to center for a vertical light setup? Thats how I understand it. Is anyone using vert lights with their UC? UC's with verts light = HUGENESS!!

Also kinda curious to know who will be using beneficials and organics in their UC? Good luck with that!!!!

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im firing her up and adding plants tonight, boys!

and 420girl ;)

Im running 2 1000 HPS on top and 4 600's on the side.

Oh, i'll be running Aqua Flakes, Roots Xcel and MagiCal for Veg.

Aqua Flakes, Big Bud and Overdrive for Flower.

UCMEGROW

Systemic Inquisition

Systemic Inquisition

Yo Turbo.......2 X 8XL's w/ (4) 1000's sounds sweet in that hut...bust that shizzle out. ;)

turbo14

Veteran
Yo Turbo.......2 X 8XL's w/ (4) 1000's sounds sweet in that hut...bust that shizzle out. ;)

Will do, will be my first med grow :) Not trying to go huge and staying compliant. Will be running 2 8XL Rigs in the DR 290 with 4k trained to fill the entire tent. In my other 4x8 I will be rocking yet another 8XL with 3x600w. I am a pretty big fan:dance013:.

turbo

BigGreen

Veteran
Im about to running 4k with 2 8xls as well. Except one will be a 13 gal rig we will be able to see the difference in the 8 gal and the 13 gal. Im about 1 week out from starting the new build out.
It is much easier to just buy the UC. If you do you wont regret it. I just finished a grow with 2k and a 8xl and yielded just under 4 #s.
Good luck

turbo14

Veteran
Im about to running 4k with 2 8xls as well. Except one will be a 13 gal rig we will be able to see the difference in the 8 gal and the 13 gal. Im about 1 week out from starting the new build out.
It is much easier to just buy the UC. If you do you wont regret it. I just finished a grow with 2k and a 8xl and yielded just under 4 #s.
Good luck

Nice, it will be good to see someone in the same boat. I am super interested to see how the 8 gals compare to the 13 gals. What size room will you be working with? How long will you be vegging? You had some monsters last round :)

My first run with the UC was a 8XL in a Homebox with 1k on a light rail 3.5. Even a low yielding strain was still able to pump out around 1.5Lbs. I am stoked to see what 4k will do with these things.

If ya got the money, they are totaling worth it.. period.

turbo

JTDuffet

Welcome to this great hobby 420girl, and any kind of DWC system, especially RDWC will work great. I have been using non recirculating DWC for many years with decent to great results, but the effort and work were too much to handle, especially once i doubled up on the lights. Bucket changes were a nightmare and plants would always get damaged during bucket changeouts.. i just recently built a new NFT/Aero, then scrapped that once i got it up and running, only to be replaced with a RDWC system using blazeoneups thread with some minor modifications of my own...

you won't be dissappointed with buying a system, its just cheaper to make your own... and rewarding as well.. here is a picture of my current system...

16 site RDWC using blazeone ups tutorial, with 18 gallon tuffnote controller, 4 3/4" return lines, and 1/2" feed lines.. i was going to punch 1/4" lines, but chose the larger... i also came up with a great way to attach the pump to the feed line inside the controller...

i used ebb and flow fittings, and i used an e&f filter, cut off the filter, and kept the circular threading, then put 2 fittings together. so i could attach a 3/4" line from the water pump inside to the 1/2" feed line to the buckets. i SHOULD get a larger pump as it doesn't flow that fast, but as my friend said, slower filling means if it clogged, it wouldn't flood as quick either.

here is a picture.. and if anyone wants details on hole sizes, which drill sizes to use, etc hit me up, or post here.. :cathug: last picture is a seedling of Chemstar... :) chemD x Sensi Star
-jt

Attachments

• inside buckets leg 2.JPG
    inside buckets leg 2.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Controller.JPG
    Controller.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Chemstar.JPG
    Chemstar.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 11
o shit VAG PUNCHER has a leak....i heard they were look proof....!! where is it leaking from???

I have grown DWC i know with the right water temp and adequate light the numbers are endless! 1.5-2 numbers for sure if the grower is experienced says arrr captainnn! :whistling:

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its leaking at the end of the unit. The manifold that returns the water has leaks. Cant figure shit out.

Fack waters a bitch sometimes

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep, its the back 2 uniseals that are leaking.

Best part? These things are impossible to get in Canada. This pushes my whole grow back 1 week.

Very, very, very, very dissapointed.

turbo14

Veteran
Yep, its the back 2 uniseals that are leaking.

Best part? These things are impossible to get in Canada. This pushes my whole grow back 1 week.

Very, very, very, very dissapointed.

I had this happen when I set it up the first time as well. It was leaking in the same place that you are saying on the end. You need to drain all of the water, remove the manifold, remove the seals or twist the uniseals around until they are completely sealed. Mine were not sealing and they even made the popping sound when locked in but had to twist them around until the seals were flush with the plastic on the module. Try this before you send them back.

turbo

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just took the return manifold out, changed uniselas from different parts of the UC, flipped it around, still leaking.

Unacceptable.

Lets see how CCH2O's customer service handles this. I've spoken to Daniel a few times and he was super cool, so lets figre something out.

This really fucks my grow up unless he overnights the manifold or whatever he thinks is causing the leaks.

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had this happen when I set it up the first time as well. It was leaking in the same place that you are saying on the end. You need to drain all of the water, remove the manifold, remove the seals or twist the uniseals around until they are completely sealed. Mine were not sealing and they even made the popping sound when locked in but had to twist them around until the seals were flush with the plastic on the module. Try this before you send them back.

turbo

Ill try that right now. Im so tired. Hahaha.

Fucking hydro.

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still leaking. Im so fucking pissed off right now. My whole grow is stalled cause of this.

Im screaming in the grow room with and pushing with all my force, nada.

I feel like throwing this fucking thing in the garbage. Water all over the place. What a clusterfuck.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
It's a a pain when your grow method does not work properly, that's why I stick with ebb/flow, simple and reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.