What's new

UNDER CURRENT QUESTION????? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jalisco Kid

This is a bush of reefs royal Hawaiian,grown by a friend. That is a 18" wide tank underneath. Now reefs patrola headstash in the background that turned out to avg 2.85lb,that was a tree.

Attachments

• Haw girl first run.JPG
    Haw girl first run.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 6

420Gurl

JK: That is what I want.. Trees like that! Very nice..
I want to use the 13gal module system.. :)...yep...

darthvapor

so jalisco you custom build systems for peeps tailor made to their rooms and aplications? Ive never done buckets but am eager to try. something new to play around with and try to perfect and dial in already done soil, cocco and ebb n flow. Looks like the buckets are the future of hydro. Also I got some great genetics from reef last time I chilled with him that he said would blow up in buckets. Never had trees like yours before man shit you could almost build a tree house in them things. Are those the biggest youve done in a bucket system?

BigGreen

Veteran
The UC has yielded me ok. I came in just under 4#s for 2k of lights. I started with the 8 gal mods and switched to the 13 s after 3 weeks of bloom. My next run Im gonna run the 13 gal side by side vs the 8 gal. If ya want you can watch the start of my grow and see how fast they will grow. I will also not touch any ph or nutes or anything in the system for \7 days just to show you how stable the UC can hold her down.
Keep an eye out for my next grow.
Good luck
BG

superusa

I'm doing blazeoneup's RDWC right now with great results, very healthy full plants. But I often have issues with the feedlines, leaks, clogs, etc. The Undercurrent system is nice because there are no feed lines!

I really like blaze's setup very clean design. But I definitely like larger feed lines. I ran 3/4" feeds and 1" drains. Obviously I am space limited so it's only a 4 bucket setup but you get the idea:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I really wish i knew how to insert the small linked version of pics that are already on my albums...

40" centers will have 20" branches touching each other. Not my definition of a tree. TK an excellent grower only got 3/4 of an elbow with the uc. I think krusty buckets offer you a chance at bigger plants. .DD buckets are much cheaper same principal as uc(rcdwc). The UC are built inexpensively so you might as well make them and save some money. They are affordable,as mine are the most expensive tanks out there. JK

+1. The UC is a great system but if you don't mind, you can build it yourself for alot cheaper. I thank god every time I have to build a system that botanicare makes and sells ebb&flo fittings.

Jalisco Kid

Those pics were from a friends grow I was monitoring. His first cycle in his new room.Beginners luck! My biggest grow was from a strain of mine called Ms. Walker. She is a big girl but nothing of the value of say swerves tahoe. I will look for a pic to post. JK
Here is a branch getting ready to hit the ceiling. She is a 10 weeker. JK
so jalisco you custom build systems for peeps tailor made to their rooms and aplications? Ive never done buckets but am eager to try. something new to play around with and try to perfect and dial in already done soil, cocco and ebb n flow. Looks like the buckets are the future of hydro. Also I got some great genetics from reef last time I chilled with him that he said would blow up in buckets. Never had trees like yours before man shit you could almost build a tree house in them things. Are those the biggest youve done in a bucket system?

Attachments

• Ms Walker.jpg
    Ms Walker.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 5

Jalisco Kid

JK: That is what I want.. Trees like that! Very nice..
I want to use the 13gal module system.. :)...yep...

I would buy just the tanks from them. Then go and buy your own pvc and set them on proper centers. I use 5'6" and should have went with 6' centers. With 13's maybe look at 56" centers as your min. If that turns out to be too much for your room/strains, you can cut the pipe and join them with couplers. JK

Greenmopho

I really like blaze's setup very clean design. But I definitely like larger feed lines. I ran 3/4" feeds and 1" drains...I thank god every time I have to build a system that botanicare makes and sells ebb&flo fittings.

I CAN'T find the Botanicare 1" fittings, no one has them! Where did you get them? My next run I am doing 1" drains and 1/2" feed lines, to keep the pressure high!

superusa

I CAN'T find the Botanicare 1" fittings, no one has them! Where did you get them? My next run I am doing 1" drains and 1/2" feed lines, to keep the pressure high!

You in the denver area? Try Way to Grow @ 58th&I25. If not there, here is a link to purchase them (and everthing else you could possibly need):

http://www.horticulturesource.com/i...1032/?osCsid=4c1d29f214eb741fe88d4cf8d31ad86c

EcoPlus also makes the same ebb&flo fittings w/screens. I would recommend the grow store cause they only sell bags of 10 online that I can find.

superusa

I truly don't think Botanicare make 1"...here is the link to their own site:

http://www.americanagritech.com/accessories/ebb-flow-fittings

The Sunleaves fittings that W2G in Boulder sells is crap, they leak, and they don't fit snug. Plus, I don't like supporting W2G, I prefer my buddy's mom & pop grow shop!

Thanks for the link to the EcoPlus, I hope those are at least decent for my needs!

To be honest I am not sure, I see they have them listed through 3/4". The ones I have look EXACTLY like the ones I linked to you, and the guy at the hydro store said they were botanicare. They could easily be the EcoPlus as they are identical. They work GREAT and don't leak when hand tight. You can also try indoor paradise (71st and broadway) as they tend to have alot of that stuff.

If the sunleaves fittins you are talking about are the ones without the thumb tabs, then i agree those things are a pain in the ass.

Greenmopho

To be honest I am not sure, I see they have them listed through 3/4". The ones I have look EXACTLY like the ones I linked to you, and the guy at the hydro store said they were botanicare. They could easily be the EcoPlus as they are identical. They work GREAT and don't leak when hand tight. You can also try indoor paradise (71st and broadway) as they tend to have alot of that stuff.

If the sunleaves fittins you are talking about are the ones without the thumb tabs, then i agree those things are a pain in the ass.

I actually believed the same thing myself, because I could of SWORE my grow store had them at one point and I saw them with my own eyes. But now I tried to order some of them, and they said they can't get them from Botanicare. The Sunleaves are the ones with the white threaded cap, the threaded male end is slightly smaller than all the other brands, and they are slightly smaller than my 1 3/8" bore bit, which is usually why they leak.

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My UC should be up and running this weekend.

Gonna run DM Gold, Big Bud, Overdrive and Calmag. Keep it simple.

Flux451

^^^ "look at us, everything is backwards; everything is upside down. doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universtities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, major media destroys information and religions destroy spirituality"; micheal ellner
, d

I love that one man

Numboard

Here is my diy undercurrent.
IMG_3666.jpg

sss5.jpg

sss6.jpg

Click first link in siggy for more info. :D
Also over budget can I get a link to your diary?

SS-

I would buy just the tanks from them. Then go and buy your own pvc and set them on proper centers. I use 5'6" and should have went with 6' centers. With 13's maybe look at 56" centers as your min. If that turns out to be too much for your room/strains, you can cut the pipe and join them with couplers. JK

Quick questions. With the centers being so far apart the intensity of the light decreases a lot, so do you have any problem with "airy" buds near the center of the plant?
Or do you do some nice plucking to allow light to penetrate better, or just lollipop near the main stem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts