What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unclefishstick's Guide to Home Bicycle Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Hey dans, can you tell me what thread your hiding your madness pics??
I saw in the gg4 thread you said they were about done.
Hows it lookin?

I know that electrical set up looks really good. Im gonna need that brain of yours soon please. :biggrin:
I swear im fixing my electrical soon. Some major expenses came up the past couple months. But ive pretty much taken care of those, so very soon.

thewhitelotus

Veteran
added a couple new pics to the diary....things are moving along....just stretchin and tuckin! i should probably work on training the ladies too!

heeeeeeyyyooooooo im here all night....tip your bartender

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That looks great dan. I made mine as well. After going through off shelf and custom built I could build it safer for less. Open her up gotta see the vag to get a woody lol..

thewhitelotus

Veteran
gotta question for all you Soil Glurus.....see what i did there?!?!

Ive emptied all my containers from last years veggie garden on a few tarps in the backyard....i want to get the soil ready for this upcoming gardening season but i dont want to go and buy 14 different ammendments to add to the soil.

I was thinken of getting some quality EWC locally here and mixing in with the soil and finally adding some Dr. Earths dry vegetable fertilizer per the instructions and let it cook for 3-4 weeks. During the growing season i simply top dress with a local garden boost compost and foliar with a local "worm wine" that works absolutely incredible so im ok on that side of things, but its replenishing the old soil im unfamiliar with

thanks everyone

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey dans, can you tell me what thread your hiding your madness pics??
I saw in the gg4 thread you said they were about done.
Hows it lookin?
I don't have any pics of them anywhere . they weren't breeder seeds or anything , just a cut I got from a local brutha ..... so i didn't document the grow , just grew'em out :)
i can snag a couple tomorrow night as i'm choppin them if ya like .
done in 56 days & started yellowing on their own around 45 days , so the fans look nice & dead on the branches right now :)

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That looks great dan. I made mine as well. After going through off shelf and custom built I could build it safer for less. Open her up gotta see the vag to get a woody lol..
Here ya go Frosty ... wouldn't want to deny ya a woody lol

In case ya'll are wondering .... i used regular 110 volt outlets for the 240 volts to the ballasts so i didn't have to change cords or replace the male ends with new 240 v plugs . the ballast recognizes the difference in voltage without having to replace the cords .

the last 2 pics are of the timer & cord to feed the 600 in his tent . the time clock will be for my tent . 2 x 1000

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the time clock is good for 40 amps & i ran a 30 amp feed .
the feed is 10 gauge & 12 gauge going to the recepticles , the cord going to the other tent is 12 gauge too .I'll never use more than 20 amps total on any of the 3 recepticle points , so i'm good with the 12 gauge going to them .

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'am going to yell at you for using the wrong plugs/receptacle for 240v. That's a mistake waiting to happen. Even the best of us can forget especial stoned off our asses. The cost is well worth the peace of mind. You know better.. Dont forget and plug in the wrong device. Paint the 240v cover red thats what I did.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I know :) , but Him & I are the only ones touching it so ..... I'm used to it & know better & once i have it hooked up he'll never have to touch it other than changing the settings on a timer .
i should have just put a duplex in the 240 side instead of a quad , but i wanted to be able to plug another ballast in if i needed to .I'll put those plastic caps in the recep's i'm not using so he can't plug anything in there .

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I could see if i was selling it guys ..... but i'm not . its for personal use . the one i have in the attic here is the same way . I dunno , maybe cuz i built them & know what to do & not to do is the difference . but yeah if i was building it for somebody else , it would have the right recepticles in it .

i'm cheap what can i say :) these recep's are cheaper than the 240's & i don't have to replace the ballast cords with 240 volt cords or put a 240 male on each cord .
the only difference in a 110v cord & a 240v cord is the male ends .... the prongs are sideways instead of up & down .the ballast recognizes the power difference .

It works for me :biggrin:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I'am going to yell at you for using the wrong plugs/receptacle for 240v. That's a mistake waiting to happen. Even the best of us can forget especial stoned off our asses. The cost is well worth the peace of mind. You know better..

Yeah, I was going to say something too about that.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
gotta question for all you Soil Glurus.....see what i did there?!?!

Ive emptied all my containers from last years veggie garden on a few tarps in the backyard....i want to get the soil ready for this upcoming gardening season but i dont want to go and buy 14 different ammendments to add to the soil.

I was thinken of getting some quality EWC locally here and mixing in with the soil and finally adding some Dr. Earths dry vegetable fertilizer per the instructions and let it cook for 3-4 weeks. During the growing season i simply top dress with a local garden boost compost and foliar with a local "worm wine" that works absolutely incredible so im ok on that side of things, but its replenishing the old soil im unfamiliar with

thanks everyone
thats about all i do,i just till the used medium in and top dress with compost and maybe some happy frog dry amendment stuff,i make compost tea for the veggie gardens like once a month,but really thats about it.i will probably get 1-2 truckloads of compost delivered and maybe some aged manure and im looking for a local source for mulch which i use tons of and im pretty sure i can get alfalfa meal..

Wheres Bug and Unc? Come here an give Dan a kick in the seat too!

i dont know shit about electric,i hire people to do that shit...but of course i want it all done to code and with double failsafe...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:shucks: well i was hoping my packages would start showing up today but no joy....

did get a bunch done in the yard,not as much as i planned,got too baked with the ll and it got super windy,hard to clean up leaves like that...did get 70 gallons of water on the finished parts,still have a bunch to do...
but it will be worth it when it all starts blooming again...

gonna be even nicer this year...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I was tellin my dogs that we are going for a walk, after Im done sterilizing these clone and seedling trays. The male gets so excited, he jumps up and kicked me square in the right nutt. Im about to reneg on the walk deal now.....

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I soaked some Navy beans overnight, and fired up the slow cooker this morning. Salt Pork, Molasses, brown sugar, honey, garlic, Navy beans. Im making Boston baked beans, except Im doin it in the Ninja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts