What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unclefishstick's Guide to Home Bicycle Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A few more days my mother PP is no more. She made me some really good beans.:( Time for a different variety to mess with.

picture.php

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Very Nice PF brother :good:
Is that the Peyote Purple or one of it's crosses you made?? :chin:
:blowbubbles:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:coffee: coffee is kicking in now,looks to be a much warmer day even if it will be windy again,going to try and knock out some more garden work...got a leaf blower on the way,that will help get the gravel areas cleaned up:dance013:

my continental touring tires for the road bike are in too,went with as big a tire as i could squeeze between the fork blades and a lower pressure by about 30-40 psi and im looking at getting a triple ring crankset for it or maybe just a larger rear cassette to make climbing a bit easier....maybe not though,i dont think i will be touring this bike any long distances,the surly is just a way more comfortable ride,but i do think i can use it for local "picnic" rides....lots of good spots to go have lunch or start doing the ride to one of the local towns about 40 miles away to go eat and then come home so a nice long 80 mile day of pedaling...

anyway,my stuff i ordered should start showing up today:woohoo:

thewhitelotus

Veteran
morning everyone! glad its Friday! gonna get the radiator fixed in the subaru this weekend so the pooches and I can take a trip down to vegas. never really get to take the dogs unless I drive so itll be a nice change

Anyone goin to the cup in LA this weekend?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
all right,power tools! got a mower and a leaf blower,that will get the yard cleaned up quick...need to get some gravel delivered,nothing more fun than moving rock....

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i believe its a "heylandlordineedtoborrowyerlawnmowerandleafblower" model....

i will probably pick up a small electric one since i just need it to blow stuff away from the gravel areas,like i might need one maybe 4 times during the year so nothing fancy...i may need to rent a tiller this spring to deal with the back yard...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:plant grow:thats enough of the garden for one day....slowly but surely im getting it all cleaned out,lots and lots of stuff coming back,the desert plants sure are tough,many of them died back to the ground but are regenerating from the roots up,some are blooming already....
gotta go talk to the plant folks at the farmers market tomorrow and find out about a few species before i go cutting them back..

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now all you need is a chipper shredder, and a JBL speaker for your bike :biggrin:

those things are expensive even for a small one! its on the list though...

i was looking at some speakers on rei and a couple other websites,im going to look in the stores and see what they have,theres a well rated waterbottle cage sized one that looks good for about 140 im considering,i need something waterproof and very shock resistant...i will mainly use it on the roads but the roads here suck...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
morning everyone! glad its Friday! gonna get the radiator fixed in the subaru this weekend so the pooches and I can take a trip down to vegas. never really get to take the dogs unless I drive so itll be a nice change

Anyone goin to the cup in LA this weekend?

I wish I was going to the Cup, except for one thing! I dont like LA.

Speaking of Subarus.... Remember the old Subaru commercial with Paul Hogan, where he is driving through all kinds of mud puddles in the outback then comes out by a pool of water where there is an elephant and a tall lovely brunette waiting to rinse off the windshield? That tall lovely French Canadian gal was my girlfriend. We still talk, but to this day, she doesnt know I smoke weed

thewhitelotus

Veteran
I wish I was going to the Cup, except for one thing! I dont like LA.

Speaking of Subarus.... Remember the old Subaru commercial with Paul Hogan, where he is driving through all kinds of mud puddles in the outback then comes out by a pool of water where there is an elephant and a tall lovely brunette waiting to rinse off the windshield? That tall lovely French Canadian gal was my girlfriend. We still talk, but to this day, she doesnt know I smoke weed

I HATE LA with a passion!

Haha thats awesome Dr. P! Subaru makes a great car for where I live!

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Afternoon Gents :tiphat:

Got my power station made up for my buddys house . picked up 50' of 10/3 to feed it with & a 4 prong 30amp dryer plug . now i just gotta go over & run the feed line & get it hooked up , then i can start bringing stuff over to get set up like the tent , hoods ballasts trays etc ....

picture.php

got enough juice to run 4k watts ..... but we're only running 2600 in lights , 2 6" fans & 1 8" fan .... so 30 amps 4K watts is plenty :)

his tent will run opposite from mine , so i put an additional constant power 240 v plug for his tent . i have a timer & extension cord to go from the power box over to his tent . the intermatic timer will run mine .

Status
Not open for further replies.