What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unable to Upload Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
we are working on this but a mix of hardware and software updates ar slowing up the process

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
oldpink - I'm wondering how this will resolve itself long-term? For example, my gallery is permanently full, and I'm always deleting old pics, but as soon as I upload some more, I'm faced with the same problem.

I'm happy to use third-party sites for image hosting, but I'm not sure how secure they are in terms of IP tracking, etc. Probably the same as ICMag, but I'd prefer a gallery here so folks can reference them.

But given the image load is always going to be severe on ICMag, I'm wondering whether it might be judicious to consider charging a small 'footprint' fee for larger users. If the standard allocation is 150MB (and that's not much for me), then for say 500MB, a member could actually pay a monthly sub, allowing those to be run from an entirely separate server, freeing up space for less demanding users.

Just an idea, and may sound insane to offer to pay, but I'm well aware of the technical problems here, and as bandwidth requirements increase, it may eventually be the only option. How a charging mechanism would work anonymously though is beyond my mental capabilities...:)

Hope it all sorts itself out anyway...cheers.

EM

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Elevator Man said:
oldpink - I'm wondering how this will resolve itself long-term? For example, my gallery is permanently full, and I'm always deleting old pics, but as soon as I upload some more, I'm faced with the same problem.

I'm happy to use third-party sites for image hosting, but I'm not sure how secure they are in terms of IP tracking, etc. Probably the same as ICMag, but I'd prefer a gallery here so folks can reference them.

But given the image load is always going to be severe on ICMag, I'm wondering whether it might be judicious to consider charging a small 'footprint' fee for larger users. If the standard allocation is 150MB (and that's not much for me), then for say 500MB, a member could actually pay a monthly sub, allowing those to be run from an entirely separate server, freeing up space for less demanding users.

Just an idea, and may sound insane to offer to pay, but I'm well aware of the technical problems here, and as bandwidth requirements increase, it may eventually be the only option. How a charging mechanism would work anonymously though is beyond my mental capabilities...:)

EM

Hmm, it would have to be anonymous cash payments surely. Maybe donations would be a good idea?

I'd be happy to donate some cash for helping server running etc. After all the free information I've gathered from this website I wouldn't mind giving something back.

Just a tip - If your gallery is getting too full, try using smaller picture size or a lower quality image. You'll be able to fit more in with just a small compromise on quality. A 4mb photo won't look much different from a 1mb photo on here. :wave:

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
Elevator Man said:

EM

I would be willing to pay for the service ICmag offers... maybe if you add also an https connection...

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
Sammet said:
Hmm, it would have to be anonymous cash payments surely. Maybe donations would be a good idea?

I'd be happy to donate some cash for helping server running etc. After all the free information I've gathered from this website I wouldn't mind giving something back.

Just a tip - If your gallery is getting too full, try using smaller picture size or a lower quality image. You'll be able to fit more in with just a small compromise on quality. A 4mb photo won't look much different from a 1mb photo on here. :wave:

Its not a money issue its a tech problem were working on
we have increased the hard drive space but the much needed software upgrade is causing problems with migrating the existing gallerys
we have the space but untill we can patch the gallery issue were going to have problems with the uploads but it is our top priority to get it sorted

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oldpink said:
Its not a money issue its a tech problem were working on
we have increased the hard drive space but the much needed software upgrade is causing problems with migrating the existing gallerys
we have the space but untill we can patch the gallery issue were going to have problems with the uploads but it is our top priority to get it sorted

Ta for letting us know OP. :wave:

GrassRoots

Not to be taken as a complaint, I'm only posting this up in case it can help solve the issue. This morning I tried uploading 2 pics and got a different error message than before:

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 154

Command:

"/usr/local/bin/mogrify" -size 250x188 -quality 80 -geometry 250x188 '/data/web/icmag/icmag.com/www/gallery/data/500/10415Picture_271-thumb.jpg'

I know you guys are doing everything you can and if you'd rather me not post this type of info please just let me know. Have a good one!

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
Thanks for the Update OP.. And steering me in the right direction....didn't even know this forum existed till just recently!! Hope you guys are making out alright..
Icmag has been soo stable in the past, im just so used to this...lol.....

F

F0iL

thanks for the update, been wondering what was going on with the uploading. Well i hope everything gets sorted out soon

20kw dreams

Is there an expected time the upload should be back up? I keep logging on just to check

ograskal

Veteran
20kw dreams said:
Is there an expected time the upload should be back up? I keep logging on just to check

Gonna be a long weekend......

Gypsy Nirvana said:
...If all goes to plan we hope to have the photo-upload feature back around monday.......it's gonna be a long and busy week-end.....

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
uploading is back online!!!!! Wayyyyyy faster to boot!! Thanks Mods and tech dudes involved!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts