What's new

uk clone only! (and british bred strains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i noticed that about the Black Forrest sativa - first i gifted some seeds to a friend and when i smoked the resulting weed and it crackled i thought it was the ferts he used, but it did the same after i grew it organically and finished it hungry.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We think its due to food,, sativas have a much lower metabolic rate than sativas,, and that some ferts stay in the flowers longer.. likewise a sativa joint often has more air-gaps / spaces in when rolled :joint: (even if you use one of those evil weed-grinder things) :D

Hope this helps

rick: a Whisper is just an Aero with different chocolate.. hehe , peace n love

indifferent

Veteran
Actually, the difference between a Wispa and an Aero is both different chocolate and different gas used to make the bubbles, which is why the wispa bubbles are smaller - the gas used forms smaller bubbles. Toured the factory on a school trip aeons ago. Wispas totally rule over Aeros though, the ltd edition mint Wispas of a few years ago were fuckin nectar.

I don't think the crackling is due to nutes, I've had sativas do it that were flushed 6 weeks and had not one fan left and I've seen crackling with soil grown plants that were never fed. I think it's possibly due to the way calyxes form on some sativas - they aren't completely solid like an indica, they only fold round three quarters of the way so there is a gap where the two sides meet. There is definitely a difference in the structure of calyxes between full on sativas and indicas, hard to describe, but I think it's the differences in structure of calyxes that is the cause of the crackling.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually, the difference between a Wispa and an Aero is both different chocolate and different gas used to make the bubbles, which is why the wispa bubbles are smaller - the gas used forms smaller bubbles.

i was laughing so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,wispa has unique proppertys....i agree:)

indiff just got medical on a cocolate bar,,,,,tyipical:):):):),,,

wispa is the don!!!!!!!the don!!!!!:)........the overall effect is better than Areo:)

ive had crackling beffore,,,whadabout re-hydrating it to stop the kinder suprize:)

kinder suprize:)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyone seen district9?

"you hear that.....pop,,,,,ish the poping,,,,the eggs,,,,they pop,,,,like popcorn"

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
district 9 is an amazing film

would agree on whispa being nicer than aero - but i do like the mint aero with the green stuff in the middle

and i agree that the crackling cant be nutes - i didnt feed mine at all in 15 weeks. possibly resins or as you say air pockets

V.

indifferent

Veteran
Actually, the difference between a Wispa and an Aero is both different chocolate and different gas used to make the bubbles, which is why the wispa bubbles are smaller - the gas used forms smaller bubbles.

i was laughing so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,wispa has unique proppertys....i agree:)

indiff just got medical on a cocolate bar,,,,,tyipical:):):):),,,

Whoops, I just realised how i must annoy people all the time, can't help being a mad scientist type wierdy-beardie academic, just me! i mean well tho, knowledge is power and I love empowering others thru sharing knowledge.

wispa is the don!!!!!!!the don!!!!!:)........the overall effect is better than Areo:)

fo sho brutha, da wispa rulez! lol

See, I can be 'street' too. Can't eat chocolate no more, got a big list of stuff I can't eat due to allergies - eggs, nuts, msg, hard fats, cheese, shellfish, chocolate, ice cream, loads of nice stuff. My farts smell like pure death at the moment as I'm subsisting on a diet of vegetable soup and dry brown bread. Lost nearly 2 stone though but been avoiding public gatherings, gaseous maximus!

ive had crackling beffore,,,whadabout re-hydrating it to stop the kinder suprize:)

kinder suprize:)

Dunno mate, perhaps it might mitigate, but i don't think the crackling of Goldfinger is due to over dryness as fresh not long cured buds did it.

I've spent most of this week with my chin on my chest drooling, and all due to the Kentish Creme S1, it's really strong, just like the original KC. Tuesday for example, I got up at 8:32 (I always remember the time on my alarm clock when I first wake up for some reason) and by 11:21 (I sent Eman a Pm at that time so i recall the time) i was absolutely spannered nodding out, chin planted on chest and I giggled to myself when I realised a lil bit of drool had come out. I like this plant a lot, it tastes really really nice too.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

indifferent

Veteran
Highland Oaxacan Gold is doing alright as well, not sure how long she has been flowering, 10-11 weeks I think. I'm gonna let her go as long as she will go, until she stops producing new flowers, which could be a while. I've taken her at 13 weeks before and thought she could have gone 14, this time I expect she will go 16 or more, and hopefully with all the extra blue and UV light she has been getting, she will be some powerful heady smoke indeed.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i acatualy enjoyed reading you take chocolate to the next level.......i think we need a brainstorm on the bubbles,,,,im feelin sometypa hash idea comin on:)

this 1 might make you laugh:),,,,,,,a mate of mine whent into a 74 hour coma because he ate a jammy dodger once,,,,,he had a mad reaction to one of the E additives,,,,it was crazy,,,,he was sippin on a brew, while i was up on a ladder doing the loop for a full rewire,,,,,i saw him dunk the busquit,,,,5 mins later,,,,:),,BANG,,,flat on the floor!!,,,,it was crazy,,,,,,we laugh about it now,,,but at the time i thought he was dead:),,,thank god:),,,,stay away from the buiquits !!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,

everyone knows hobnobs are hardcore,,,,,,,dunk me,,,,,AGAIN!!!

im still dying to collect a propper fruity sativa,,,,,something supa fruity,,,,sum UM-BONGO flava:)

them LED`s are amazing,,,,,i cant wait to make my own, it busy at the min but i will get round to it,,,,,,ive got some fun ideas,,,,,,but i gota do 1 thing at a time o i never finish what i start,,,,,,,,,im thinkin about 2 designs,,,,, 1 design for low power consuption ,,,,,,,,,,the other design will focus on high power and low heat:),,,,,,

some of my new seletion paramiters are baced on my concepts on where the light industy is going in the future:),,,,,,your ahead of the game bro:)

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yo folk are obsessive,,, lol

Indifferent: we dont think the 'flush' or 'cure' is the thing,, we suggest that its down to structure and the compounds in the plant matter :joint:

Dem sativa varieties,, tend to crackle more overall,, even when grown to their best IMO.

Peace n flowers

indifferent

Veteran
Hi rick, so I guess we can call that the 'Twiglet' pheno Kentish creme then! lol

The really, really fruity sativas are few and far between. Fruity sativas are common, but they rarely have a high terpene density so you don't get the intense tastes you do with indicas and hybrids. There are lots of sativas that taste like hay, this is because they are lacking in terpenoids and all that is left to taste are the chlorophylls, waxes etc. I've grown plenty of sats that would get you very high but tasted like hay.

I think the key is to find the best tasting sativa then cross it to the plant with the highest density of terpenoids you can find, such as a super-stinky Afghan, then with careful selection, find the ones that have the taste of the sativa but the terpene density of the indica.

If you want something really fruity, look at Hawaiians, also, sweettooth, but that is an indica buzz. I have a line I call Sweet Hawaiian that is a Sweettooth #3 x Hawaiian, it's at F6 now and grows like the sweettooth but tastes like the Hawaiian - tropical fruit, it has all kinds of grapefruit, melon, orange, apple, lime, type flavours and is very very sweet. I'll have a look how many more seeds of it I have left, I know I have plenty of seeds I made using a Sweet Hawaiian female and a Colombian male, I might even have some Sweet Hawaiian x Blueberry somewhere. If you fancy giving em a try, I'll have a dig in me stashbox.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We'd agree ,, that fruity (twang essence) in sativa is rare,, and even then most have some indica influence,, like the Blueberry lines,, the Bubblegums.. and the Mangos ,, those are the sweetest of the sativa/indica lines currently out there on mass ,, besides Hawaiin ,, right?

We plug Spice [MNS],, not always fruity,, but the jar we'd go to 1st!!

If you want something really fruity, a look at.

WW x Free Tibet

3 out of 9 of the (ww x ft or ft x ww) crosses were sour/bland (ww types),, 3 out of 9 were hashy (free tibet types),, 3 out of 9 were very tastey,, one had a pineapple smell, flavour, and taste,, all 9 samples got us merry , like Robins men :bandit:

and Spicy Cheese F1/F2,, some of those are exotic,,, still sativa leaning.. full flavour in resin / terpines :joint:

indifferent

Veteran
I think a large part of the reason Hawaiians are so fruity is because they aren't pure sativas, they are hybrids of great old lines from all over the place, tropical sats blended with fat indicas. Cindy 99 is very fruity too, the Pineapple pheno reminds me of some Hawaiians in taste.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WOW.....THAT POST BLEW ME AWAY....an im not talkin about the seeds,

i agree,,,,,,Afghans are pretty cool in the way they sorta boost smells,,,,look what it did to the mexi-gold types:).... the explosive afghan is exactly the trait im trying to isolate from my cheese,,,

ive never tried sols sweettooth,,,,,,,,i used to smoke barnys sweetooth back in amsterdam in 01 ,,,but im sue its not the same as id make it:)

you amaze me with your collection,,,,,,some of it seems like propper vintage,,,,,,,i need to start stockin up like you guys with mad variety:),,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.