What's new

uk clone only! (and british bred strains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovelightpower

Veteran
hey guys in the next 4 weeks im going to have a go at making some s1 psychosis seeds and psychosis crosses . ill post updates as they happen . wish me luck lol .

a beautiful cross i reckon would be purple kush x psychosis.

both flavours are really intense, combined that would be something special. also boost the purple kush yield i reckon.

hint hint...

:smokeit:

C

cheesey

a beautiful cross i reckon would be purple kush x psychosis.

both flavours are really intense, combined that would be something special. also boost the purple kush yield i reckon.

hint hint...

:smokeit:

sounds a good x to me my friend . hint hint lol

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Nice one DocLeaf - cheers for the pics. Can't wait to see what you do with her. A friend has a seven-foot Goldfinger that I've been trying to visit and photograph all week, but not managed to get there yet, but hopefully in the next few days...;)

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
Yeah, purpling is a bit of a mystery as you find it not only in indicas from cold mountain regions but also in tropical varieties from colombia and elsewhere so I'm not at all sure of the exact reasons why plants turn purple.

Dont know if this has been answered already , but the plant goes to seed once a year, and I assume the colder tempurature , makes the plant belive winters coming, the same thing happens to trees, in autumn, and the reason for the changes in trees, is that the leaves are actually the colour they change to , and the chlorophyll (sp??) that the tree produces actually masks that natural underlying colour, until , the tree , becomes colder, having shorter days, less intense light , and a chemical change means it stops producing chlorophyll and therefore "reveals" the underlying reds..yellows...till the leaves die off, brown and crisp...

~Peace

D9:smokeit:

indifferent

Veteran
There is no underlying colouration. Chlorrophyll is a pigment, there are a few other pigments that may be present, but the absence of chlorophyll doesn't mean that the other pigments will be present in that part of the plant. Stick a plant too close to a light and you get bleaching, the tips will turn white, this is what the plant matter looks like when there is no chlorophyll. Some plants can grow white albino tips on their buds naturally, I've seen Egyptian and Lebanese plants do it. That will be due to a genetic defect and is simply an absence of pigmentation, it's wierd to see, the albino portions are perfectly normal apart from the colour.

You can get plants that are totally purple despite never having spent a second of their life below room temperature of 24C, I have grown some. I think the purple pigment you get appearing in plants as a reaction to cold may be a different pigment to the purple you see turning up naturally, without temp drops (pink/purple pistils or flowers on tropical sativas for example). Reason I say this is because the reaction to temperature happens on leaves primarily and when it occurs on flower it is from the tip of the calyx down, it is very common to see plants that look quite purple due to cold, but when you're trimmed the leaves off and they have dried, the buds are green because the purple was just on the leaves and the tips of the calyxes. Also, cold reaction purpling is a dark purple. The other sort of purpling is a much lighter shade, more magenta/pink than dark purple and it starts from the base of the calyxes, often the tips remain green. The leaves remain green, you can have plants with completely pink/purple flowers but completely green leaves throughout.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i just thought id add this

Clarke is the wickid init:)!!!

Rob Clarke said:
Consider a hypothetical example where 2 dominant gene pairs Pp and Cc control late-season anthocyanin pigmentation (purple color) in Cannabis. If P is present alone, only the leaves of the plant (under the proper environmental stimulus) will exhibit accumulated anthocyanin pigment and turn a purple color. If C is present alone, the plant will remain green through out its life cycle despite environmental conditions. If both are present, however, the calyxes of the plant will also exhibit accumulated anthocyanin and turn purple as the leaves do. Let us assume for now that this may be a desirable trait in Cannabis flowers. What breeding techniques can be used to produce this trait?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is the rest of that quote about breeding for anthocyanin pigmentation:)

Rob Clarke said:
First, two homozygous true-breeding ~1 types are crossed and the phenotype ratio of the F1 offspring is observed.

The phenotypes of the F2 progeny show a slightly altered phenotype ratio of 9:3:4 instead of the expected 9:3:3:1 for independently assorting traits. If P and C must both be present for any anthocyanin pigmentation in leaves or calyxes, then an even more distorted phenotype ratio of 9:7 will appear.

Two gene pairs may interact in varying ways to pro duce varying phenotype ratios. Suddenly, the simple laws of inheritance have become more complex, but the data may still be interpreted.

Summary of Essential Points of Breeding

1 - The genotypes of plants are controlled by genes which are passed on unchanged from generation to generation.

2 - Genes occur in pairs, one from the gamete of the staminate parent and one from the gamete of the pistillate parent.

3 - When the members of a gene pair differ in their effect upon phenotype, the plant is termed hybrid or heterozygous.

4 - When the members of a pair of genes are equal in their effect upon phenotype, then they are termed true-breeding or homozygous.

5 - Pairs of genes controlling different pheno typic traits are (usually) inherited independently.

6 - Dominance relations and gene interaction can alter the phenotypic ratios of the F1, F2, and subsequent generations.

indifferent

Veteran
That's a bit above my head.

This was purple:

picture.php

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Indifferent congrats on your PoTM nomination for this nice crisp unique image..great looking stuff..DD

picture.php

indifferent

Veteran
Oh wow, I had no idea I'd been nominated. It's nice that something that isn't a Kush or Dawg got noticed.

Camera was my trusty old Fuji Finepix S5700, cost me 140 ukp two years ago and takes nice pics, I just have it on auto mode all the time and usually have to turn the brightness down a little in photoshop as the in-camera metering tends to produce images that are too bright when using the flash.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
One trait from the Kentish Creme I'm glad to see has carried over are the 'tangled' trichomes that appear on the undersides of leaves - they seem to be non-glandular under a scope, but still seem to be resin-bearing, as they go from clear to cloudy, etc.

I've rarely seen this on a strain before, and the only other good photo of this trait is in the Cannabible 1, with a strain called 'Mystique' a 'sativa from Amsterdam', about which (predictably for a name like that) he knows nothing...;)

indifferent

Veteran
I'm familiar with the tangled forests of resin it forms, but by non-glandular, do you mean without bulbous heads?

I'm seeing some unusual trichomes on the leafier of the two KC S1s and have taken some macros but the albums function seems to not be working at the moment so can't upload.

indifferent

Veteran
Cool stuff ppl,, keep repping it UK style ,, peace n flowers to all :canabis:

Indeed, it warms my soul to see folks are growing some interesting things, sometimes I despair that everyone is growing variations of Cheese!

Highland Oaxacan Gold. Not sure how many days. Something strange is happening with this plant, it should carry on flowering for a while yet but there are loads of amber trichomes. I have been exposing this plant to UV from a reptile CFL 10cm above it for the last 20-odd days and this may have made the trichomes turn amber.

picture.php

picture.php

indifferent

Veteran
It may have done so, yes. I am very intrigued by this and intend to follow up this Oaxcan initial test with more asap. I have some pure African sats just gone into the flowering box, I will put one of those under the UV after the Oaxacan has finished.

I need to do a proper side-by-side test with two cuttings of the same sativa, one under the UV, one in the opposite corner, see what the difference are. This HOG has grown rather differently to previous runs, but this time it's in soil with different nutes to prior runs in coco so too many variable to really work out what's doing what.

My last coco run of the HOG for comparison:

picture.php

picture.php

I'm going to keep this HOG I have going now alive for a few more weeks yet, I wish I knew when it started flowering, I think it's only been going 9-10 weeks or so and normally she takes 13-14. Unless i run out of buds and really need to cut her, I aim to let her go at least 14 weeks, this is an experimental run after all!

indifferent

Veteran
The leafier of the two KC S1s is still going, been flushing for a week but no fading yet really, she has another week or more to go I think.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ther appears to be an unusual number of ambers on this plant too. It's not under the UV CFL, it's in the opposite corner, so this is quite strange, what do folks think, do you see anything unusual?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts