What's new

uk clone only! (and british bred strains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperConductor

Veteran
Hey LLP thanks man, she's in 2 or 3 people's gardens yeah. She deserves to get out more tho as she's special but she's a handful too at 13-14 weeks and a shitload of stretch so most folks don't fancy it unless they've smoked her. I'm going to try and get some of this across for the cup. Had a clone box problem but as soon as I get a new clone lamp sorted she'll be in more grow rooms.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
re Ricks Q about purple plants and inheitance; i'm not being a smartass just read something in Connell Clarke-he says there are two processes that contribute to purple colouration 1. anthrocyanin production genetically determined and 2. P deficiency caused by low night time temps.

I grew out some seeds made by a friend last year, in one place there were two plants that appeared identical in everyway, both about 2m tall, same leaf shape, same growth pattern, same buds-smell, hit etc except that one was the normal,pale green,colour for the X, the other was completely black-close up you could just see it was a v dark purple-but it was every part of the plant (buds, leaves, stalks) except the roots. It could have been triggered by low temps-but it started to occur in late August, around the time that the plant started budding so we are not talking THAT low.
In that case the inheritance seemed entirely independant of any other traits.
just thinking out loud

nice Dispensation SConductor
eddieS

C

Cinderella99

Super, SC!

Indifferent, those trichs are ridiculous...You're making me want to leave Cali for the UK :)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nahh edd,,,,,,dont worrie about being a smatass,,,,,your reading propper books ,,,its a pleasure to hear your "on-it" bro,,

your spot-on with the P,,,,,,high P demand is the reason my cheese stems go red,,,,,,,,,,i can tell when a plant needs PK13/14 by the stem,,,,,,the first signes of a P issue is red lines on my stems:)

"anthrocyanin production genetically determined" is verry interesting,,,,,,im gona have to look more into this:),,,,thanks for the heads-up:),,,,,,,im gona have a propper read on this,,:)

indifferent

Veteran
Anthocyanin works like anti freeze and is produced due to a reaction to cold temperatures, most plants are capable of turning purple if it gets cold enough.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey indifferent you seem to know about Ja. do you know about the strain Alaska from over there? my mate bought me some seeds back . lond has grown some alaska out and filled me in a bit on it but wondered if you had any info.

thanks

V.

C

cheesey

hey guys in the next 4 weeks im going to have a go at making some s1 psychosis seeds and psychosis crosses . ill post updates as they happen . wish me luck lol .

J

jingles

DSC02445.JPG

Jacks back, finally got her back....:dance013:

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
cool rick-do a bit of reading and give us the info

Indifferent-i guess that's right, about anthrocyanin, but it's production, how much, where on the plant and when is hugely variable.

eg i can only remember seeing purple in the trichs, like in your pics, once before. On a well ripe cherry AK.
Don't know where this is going-but it said on Wiki that it is also produced during N translocation and that it has a v mild astringent smell/taste.

good luck cheesy

eddieS Belladona (Paradise)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
14413DSCF9069.jpg

Mr Nice Shit....i can remember who grew it,,,i think it was heathrobbinson

subrob did this,,,,i think its a medo clone,,,,,,i call this pic the purple muff
14413grap_ape.jpg

indifferent

Veteran
Yeah, purpling is a bit of a mystery as you find it not only in indicas from cold mountain regions but also in tropical varieties from colombia and elsewhere so I'm not at all sure of the exact reasons why plants turn purple.

SuperConductor

Veteran
When it's just the stems that go red or purple and you're not growing a blue family then it's usually due to temps in my opinion (I see red stems after cold temps, makes sense) but the rest of the plant foliage is a lot more variable ime.
This plant turned red over night, there was a slight dip in temps but everything else in the room stayed green. The interesting thing is it was only the foliage recieving light that turned red, you can see the left side is red and the right side green. The green side is shown fully in the second pic and the red side in the 3rd.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I let this over ripern as I was waiting for other stuff and when i checked the trichs they were bright red, looked like a glass tube with a red stripe through the middle wish I could have taken pics of that. I did a glycerin extraction and it was bright red too, never seen anything like it. Wish I'd kept a cut.

SuperConductor

Veteran
I've read transprt of P stops below 15C Rick, same thing in other words. Here's a thing, I have P deficiency in flower obvious from the leaves but the stems are still green (because temps are fine) ;)

Anyway what I forgot to mention was there could well be a correlation between temps and light intensity influencing colouring but it's obviously genetic too as the rest of the room was fine didn't show any colour.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow,,,thats cool,,,,,,,,,

"transport of P stops at low temps",,,,,,,,,yeh man,,i can believe it!!

C

cheesey

any 1 here in the uk got a sunsystem air cooled hood ?
going to be pimping my budbox got myself a sunsystem air cooled hood (blockbuster ) bargin at £150 theres only 1 place in the uk who has them in stock . dont think they will have em for long at them prices .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.