What's new

uk clone only! (and british bred strains)

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hazeseeker

it's difficult to tell EDI, how far into flowering are you and what's the aroma when you rub a sugar leaf?,
if it's the Cheese it should be putting out a dangerously strong aroma by that stage, here's a couple of pics of the last 1 i finished for you to compare, vegged for over 3 months (Cheese needs long veg as it has poor vigor), got rid of the clone after that grow as it's not safe to keep around with that smell:fsu:

picture.php

picture.php

actually miss growing this clone already but the smell is putting me off growing it again

peace

thanks doc leaf, but my circle is a bit small at the mo, ive got loads of mates who know a good smoke but none id wanna play name that strain with yet, but i ha do have a friend of a friend who grows and is said to be very passionate about cannabis so i might try him.

thanks hazeseeker she at day 43 of 12/12 and smells great. kinda like a sweet turpentine, baby poo and old trainers. im running her along side a g13 diesel and a bubba kush and she out stinks them easy, i have to smell her first or theres no point smelling the others lol

Thanks for the info

safe:joint :

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
Easy, she done alright for a clone eh? you need coco?, you can come here or prob quicker to hit the hydro shop.

Hazeseeker thats one big bitch, i see she got the pimp hand.

Edit:Easy iget it now you was asking if i want some coco....
cool

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
i see a keyboard, you on the tune making buzz?

Yeah man, did it professionally for eight years, with a reasonable degree of success. Had to ease back in the past few to try and get some other things rolling, but still have my fingers in a few pies. Kind of split my time 50/50 with music and my other business now.. or maybe more like 15-20% music.. sucks but that's life I guess. Still truly believe my time will come with it, though..

I wish this shit wasn't so illegal, then I could go into more details..

Solidopc

This thread is enlightenting to say the least. So much info on cuts i never knew even existed. Pictures of cuts i am about to grow.

I will also have a cutting of a plant being grown for 7-8 years in the valleys (wales). It's a cross of HGF shiva afghani x sensi jh. I thought it was ersb, but been asking the guy on msn about it and he said he bought the seeds he made the cross with while in the dam in 2000 and its defo shiva affie x jh. I've allways know it as taffy bud, as it comes from this fella i was talking to who lives up in the valleys. But it's been sold as lemon shiva up there for years before i even puffed it. It's a rwally good smoke, a heady high, no couch lock at all really. Lemon dank smell, and flowers in 50-55 days. I've been bugging him for a cut for ages everytime i speak to him or my mate picks up the bud off him, and he's finally rooted me one and has it allready potted up.

Quite exicted about that, as i'll be only the 2nd person to have this cut in 7-8 years. Will get some pics up of it when it arrives and as it flowers.

lovelightpower

Veteran
home grown weed and tunes eh McSnappler?

hey solidops the taffy bud sounds ream mate, i'll def put it on the list. good luck obtaining it...

indifferent

Veteran
Having grown several clones that were given as "Cheese" that weren't cheese, prior to growing the actual Cheese,, then ya I n I guess we could teach ya a trick or five :wink:

Get off your high horse, I've had the Exodus Cheese cut 10 years, long before all this hoopla began and the other Cheese appeared, I have the same cut that Brightside runs, Truecannabliss won at the 420 cup last year with, the original Exodus Cheese. I've seen, smoked and grown 4 other Cheese cuts in the last 3 years and the Psychosis, while they have a similar smell and sometimes taste to the original Exodus one, it's not difficult to tell them apart from the original. One of the fakes has a distinctive wild berry smell and taste and is chunkier than the Exodus on in it's bud formation, then there is the 'Suicide Cheese' that Ganja Baba introduced me to which looks like Psychosis but tastes and smells exactly like the original Cheese.

There is a lively discussion going on at the mrnice forum about Cheese, I think what Shanti says on the matter sums it all up nicely:

shantibaba said:
Hi All

just read this thread through and thought it is pretty funny how hype just seems to be like a boulder rolling down hill.

The fact is I have seen alot of people's versions of Cheese...all different but with similar aromas...those of Skunk #1. Everyone has their own traits they like in a plant hence slight differences if grown from seed. Cheese, Garlic Bud and several others were all originating back to work Nev did years ago.

I am not really sure why it still causes hype but might be to do with yield and smells...not the main criteria I use for selection as primary but a fair thing for others who are going for the financial grow.

All the best Sb

Like Shanti says, there are loads of skunky plants being passed round as Cheese and none of them are half as good as the hype would suggest!

No it does NOT!!! stop spreading misinformation!!! Skunk #1 is true breeding,, and Cheese does not produce males flowers naturally!

Yes it does, try it for yourself, the Exodus Cheese does produce male flowers if allowed to go overripe, Truecannabliss has also seen this happen as have several other people I know.

Obviously you don't know what truebreeding means, as it has nothing at all do do with whether a plant has an intersex trait or not, truebreeding means that the plant will pass on it's key traits to it's offspring, that it is truebreeding for those traits. I'm not saying the Skunk #1 line has an intersex trait, it doesn't, but it will put out the odd male nanner if allowed to go long and if you stress it, nearly all plants will.

Another pic of male flowers induced on the Exodus Cheese after several sprayings of CS.

Attachments

• DSCF0010.jpg
    DSCF0010.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 11

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
doesnt just about any female plant put out the odd male flower if left for long enough in flower?

your right indifferent there are many cheeze strains but there is only one exodus cheeze the rest are are not far from it but exodus just seems to be more potant and dank tast ive had exodus for a few years my self and that rip of cheeze just ent the same and im getting pissed of with people getting eny old smelly bud and calling it cheeze ive grown bb cheeze its shit fuck all like cheeze and got a henry of it today its all right but fuck all like cheeze ive said it and ill say it again there only one true cheeze exodus

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
to be fair though (ive never grown cheese) a female flowering unpollenated for many weeks isnt really natural.

indifferent

Veteran
I agree verdant, and the male flowers are a survival mechanism, a last gasp bid to propagate it's genes.

Hiya Big n Green. Of the Cheese cuts I've seen, the Exodus one is as good as any of them, the most common of the others I've seen is the one with a wild berry smell and taste, not sure what this one is, it's more indica looking than the Exodus one and I think it has NL genes, perhaps it's NL x Skunk, not sure, but it does remind me of NL I used to get in the 90s, it's almost as potent as the Exodus one but has a different high, more body to it. There is another one that also has a berry element to it's taste but also has that sweaty feet of the Exodus one there too, this one yields better than the Exodus one and is also a tad more potent with a balance head/body high. Then there is The Blues, that often gets passed off as Cheese, I don't rate it much, pretty average. The best of the lot if probably that Suicide Cheese I mentioned, it's pretty potent and has a similar high to the Exodus one.

To be honest, all of them are just variations of generic Skunky bud, the sort of thing that was very common in Holland in the 90s and anyone could get hold of some older Skunk seeds or a skunk hybrid and find their own keeper female, which is probably how the other Cheeses came about - they were grown from skunky strains and either the original grower or someone the cut was passed onto gave it the name Cheese to add to it's value when sold in budform, same thing happens in the US with the word Kush.

I reckon the Exodus one became so popular because it's so easy to grow, even poorly grown Exodus Cheese still has that smell and high, so anyone can get hold of that cut, grow a load of it and turn a tidy profit, it's commercial weed, hell, it's skunk and there is nothing more commercial than skunk, the Dutch built a whole industry on it in the 80s!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive smoked more Cheese than i care to mention,,,,,,Blues kicks the poo out of Cheese!!!...im a semi-pro with the Cheese clone and newbies get better weed with the Blue clone... FACT!

Blues and Cheese might be Generic to you older guys but to us youngstars this heavy Skunk/Afghan smell is the best we have ever found + i think "Skunk" is extra special for tobaco smokes

Solidopc

For sure man, i'm, picking it up tomorrow. It's allready growing in a small pot of soil. You're first on the list once it's big enough for cuts. Really keen to see it growing myself. Smoked it more times than i can remember, but never sene it growing.

Will try and get it out to as many folk as who want it. 7-8 years is too long for a cut to stay in one persons hands for me.

home grown weed and tunes eh McSnappler?

hey solidops the taffy bud sounds ream mate, i'll def put it on the list. good luck obtaining it...

Guvnor

Real nice thread :yes: Had no idea there were so many clone only strains floating about in the u.k- about 90% of them Ive never heard of.

Keep up the good work lads

Guv :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.