What's new

uk clone only! (and british bred strains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice flowers :yes:

Oh this is something I wanted to ask...

I havent tried the blues yet, and I am right in saying it not blue cheese no. I think I remember English telling me this..

But I was chatting with a mate the other night who had just tried some and he said it reminded him of an old Stella Blue cut he used to run back in the day - and still available.

So whats your takes on this? Anyone tried Stella Blue and the Blues?

From faded memory,, Stella Blue was more musky (buddy used to snatch bags from OldChurch in Amsterdam often) :joint:

Blues is more fruity,, tastes more like a sample called "Old Boy Blue" we smoked a few years back than Stella Blue IMO : :joint:

who knows.. :D

C

cheesey

I take it you use a ozone generator, filter and ona gel etc for odour control?

na i use a rhino filter what goes into my loft . best filters ive eva used . ive used this 1, 4 times and still no smell in the loft .

only stinks when i open the tent door .

indifferent

Veteran
The Blues has been around at least 25 years, it's definitely not Stella Blue, had the discussion about what it might be many times, one good guess was NL X Big Bud, but who knows, we will never find out.

Right, without further ado, here is how to make your own UVC 'wand' for about 20 quid:

First, you need a UVC tube, these 9W ones are the easiest to use imho:

product.large.jpeg

Less than 8 quid here:

http://www.gwsupplies.co.uk/p/3168/hozelock+uvc+pond+filter+lamp+9w.htm

Then you need a luminaire to hold the lamp, these ones are the cheapest option:

outdoor-luminaire-brick-light.-black-9w-2-pin-pls-not-incl.-w-o-grille-2755-p.jpg

Less than 8 quid here:

http://www.delightful-uk.com/outdoo...ck-9w-2-pin-pls-not-incl-wo-grille-2755-p.asp

Remove the glass cover as it will block some of the UV. Fit a long mains lead, about 5m should be enough, then you have a handheld UVC 'wand' you can use to treat your plants. Hold it 5-10cm from the plant and make sure you expose all area you wish to treat.

Let me add, this is very effective against PM, 3-5 secs exposure should kill PM, gonna use this UVC technique on a friend's ECSD cuts next weekend, they came with PM, will report on the results next week. Mites need longer and there is no firm data on how much exposure is needed against mites.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks indi - i might sort out one of those :)

na i use a rhino filter what goes into my loft . best filters ive eva used . ive used this 1, 4 times and still no smell in the loft .

only stinks when i open the tent door .

rhino used to be called phat filters didnt they? - i have one and they do work very well, even with cheese. greens horticulture do them

indifferent

Veteran
Hi Verd, those UVC germicidal tubes come in all shapes and sizes, upto 55W. They are identical to a normal fluorescent, only difference is they don't have a phosphor coating to turn the UV into visible light. This means you can use them in any fixture intended for the normal fluorescent lamp with the same fitting.

Yup, Rhino is the new name for Phat filters, I use em and yup, I get em from Greens. The Ruck fan I bought from them last October just failed on me and they are replacing it on Tuesday, courier bringing a new one, so I do recommend Greens.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool, thanks indi.

ruck are supposed to be the best fans so they damn well should replace it! (i have one of the temperature controlled ruck fans which i swear by, bloody expensive though)

i like greens too - good service and their website looks respectable ;)

indifferent

Veteran
Aye, mine is a temp controlled Ruck too, I find em much better than rvk and other brands, they shift more air for less noise.

Best thing about Greens is they give you unbiased info on the stuff they sell, just ask em about the product you were interested in and they give you the lowdown, often times they recommend one of the cheaper options, which is nice, many places tell you to buy the most expensive option.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i spoke to greens a couple of times about the CMH retro white bulbs - told them they would make a killing if they imported a few boxes of them from the states ;)

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This threads off track,, maybe open a discussion about bulbs in the UK forum :yes: :canabis:

Any NEW UK strains?? whats the latest flavour??

indifferent

Veteran
Latest flavour? Jeez, it's been pretty much nothing but a parade of cheesy skunk/afghan for pages and pages recently. Another variation on that theme isn't a latest flavour, its more of the same.

Looking forward to seeing something rather different.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im working on it doc, Lemon Thai x DC as mentioned a few posts ago, also going to go to f2 on my Power Black cross (power plant x black forrest) soon.

and just got a couple of Kentish Creme S1's popping their heads above the soil...

just need legalisation and a field instead of a cupboard to grow in and im all set ;)

VG.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool VG :yes: :canabis:

OK indifferent,, here's some Orange Kush from Spain,,, that's 'OG Kush x Californian Orange' man :D

female:

picture.php

male:

picture.php

The male is to be crossed with the Purple Kush clone..

picture.php

Purple Kush x Orange Kush = Rainbow Kush

picture.php

,, gonna be a whole NEW kush vibe with a rainbow flavour to it for the UK george, zippy and bungles to play with :D :dance: :D

Peace out

C

cheesey

Cool VG :yes: :canabis:

OK indiofferent,, here's some Orange Kush from Spain,,, that's 'OG Kush x Californian Orange' man :D

female:

picture.php

male:

picture.php

The male is to be crossed with the Purple Kush clone..

picture.php

Purple Kush x Orange Kush = Rainbow Kush

picture.php

,, gonna be a whole NEW kush vibe with a rainbow flavour to it for the UK george, zippy and bungles to play with :D :dance: :D

Peace out

sounds killer doc . i love the purple kush great taste n high .

when my white has finished revegging im going to sort the clone fairy out some cuts .
it is the weed you need if you find it hard to sleep at night .
LLP had a cpl of smokes of it the other morning and had to go back to bed i dont think he got up till late afternoon lol .
ive only had a cpl of smokes of it and find it killer knock out . just what u need b4 you go sleep . only thing i had my 1st nightmare in over 10 yrs when high on it lol . so im going to call it nightmare kush . haha .
shes a fast finisher 53 days and pritty good yeilder too flowered at 15" untopped no lst i got just over 2 and a half oz .

B

BeAn

New Flava's

Here:
Leb x nepal
Psycosis x skunk#1 x nepal
GuerillaGold/DanishPassion-F3 x nepal
oaxaca x nepal
oaxaca x afghan
Nepal x congo x congo/paki x afghan
Amniesia x afghan
Kentish creme x afghan

Coming soon:
oaxaca x nepal x paki
oaxaca x paki
Nepal(indica) x north indian x paki
purple kush x paki
F13 x paki
Nepal x congo x congo/paki x X18

Last edited:

indifferent

Veteran
Excellent, my statement was deliberately provocative to see what people retorted with.

Not a good day for me, my fan failed last week, today my ballast failed, and I don't have a spare. Seems like the fates don't want me to grow again!

bigwity

Veteran
Nice flowers :yes:

From faded memory,, Stella Blue was more musky (buddy used to snatch bags from OldChurch in Amsterdam often) :joint:

Blues is more fruity,, tastes more like a sample called "Old Boy Blue" we smoked a few years back than Stella Blue IMO : :joint:

who knows.. :D
ive been searching for old boy blue cut for ages its on the top of my 'toi grow' list

Status
Not open for further replies.