What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UFO test run

VLCMSTN13

Thanks again guys for all the support!

- D rock i love RATM, nice quote! thanks for stopping in

- American grower, Yeah they are sweet tooth X D-39, So yeah they are pretty small buds compared to if i was growing them under a big hid lamp. And i completley agree with you that its not worth $600 and it does suck taking up 4 months of time to grow. But on the other hand i just had to know if it was the hype. So i was really really skeptical at first. Now i'm actually happy with their size becuase a month ago i didn't think i would get a thing. We will see what the final wieght is but if nothing else i learned a thing or two and got to show alot of people what this little lamp is or isn't capable of growing.. plus i get some freak show LED buds to smoke and they smell fucking great :headbange

Last edited:

VLCMSTN13

Some hard little LED nugs..

Some hard little LED nugs..

Well its been about 65 day and i've started flushing the girls after a strong enzyme tea. They all seem to be very happy and finishing nicely. I'll post some more pics in a few days with some individual plant shots and what not.. enjoy

VLCMSTN13

Chop House

Chop House

Well hello again every one, I'm getting mighty close to tasting my first UFO treats and its kinda exciting. It feels like my first grow all over again. Except this looks alot better then that 125 cfl I started with years ago..
Back to the Buds, I chopped all the girls last night after a nice flush and some time too dry out. Now it just becomes that waiting game we all know so well. They all have a little bit diffrent smell, One smells like pure rotten death, so i'm pretty stoked about that one... others go from a some what fruity very sweet smell, to a cross of the sweet with the rotten.. kinda like sweet n sour.. but without the chicken..
now i'm just rambeling.. Heres what you came for..

As soon as they've dried i'll post the weight and all that good technical info, for the time being enjoy the bud shots and thanks for checking out my grow!

:joint: :wave:

VLCMSTN13

Thanks ogenko! It was just nice and simple without too many variables, so i hope everone got a good idea what this things can/can't do.

VLCMSTN13

Ok not so sleepy now..

So here are the totals, nothing special ,
1st-13g
2nd- 11.8g
3rd- 13.2g
4th13.5g
So a grand total of 51.5g Out of 4 plants in 2 gal pots run for about 65 days .57gpw

Any other questions about are more than welcome.
thanks guys

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
How many watts of ufo was this again? Finished product dont look bad... would u do it again?

VLCMSTN13

Hey GET MO, The ufo runs at 90watts. And the finished product its great, the buds aren't huge or anything, but very very dense and resin coated. The #3 pheno really puts me on my ass and makes me just plain stupid. Pretty great stuff before bed, not as sweet before work ha.
Would i do it again? Maybe, but not anytime soon. If i did run it again i would put 2ft T-5s in each corner of the box, then i think i would really veg alot faster and maybe help the smaller buds. I thought about using the led for sexing and growing out males and what not, but i need the wattage however little it may be. So for the time being the ufo is being packed up for a rainy day. :joint:

Last edited:

lilo

Looks like 90 or so 1watters in there. I've seen those go on ebay for about 250 pounds, still too expensive, imo. I doubt 4-5 of those will stand against 400hps in bud density and weight. Looks like it would make a good rig for propagation and veggin

sns_stealth

great job VLC. nice buds w/ over .5 g/w. and just to show how good LEDs can be, its really 65-70W output from a UFO, due to the power supply using the rest. I got that from a company guy a while back. so....that would put it at .75 or better :jump: as I said great job.

db :rasta:

VLCMSTN13

Hey thanks every one for the positive responce. I'm glad i could take the time to run that lamp and see what was good.
Thanks for the tech info sns_stealth, always good to get the inside!

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Be it hereby known that on this 23rd day of June in the 2008th year of the Flying Spaghetti Monster that VLCMSTN13, for benificial actions above and beyond the call of duty in the favor of the class, has been awarded the Royal Order of the Golden Leaf.

Seriously. Thanks for sharing.

Z

zoolander

Thats awesome and props to ya for this thread. I think with some proper LST you could get a decent yield. Looks like I may have to get one or two and have some fun. Great stuff in this thread

VLCMSTN13

Thanks Freezerboy! I'll print it out and put it up in my room haha..
Nice to see you in here zoolander, thanks for checkin it all out!

And i must say as this stuff starts to cure, i've just been getting super faded.. so it definatly gets a good amount of oil flowin.. i think the genes helped also..

:jump: :rasta:

stoned...

Latest posts

Latest posts