What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UFO test run

VLCMSTN13

Hello Everyone,
This is my First run in a 3x3x5 Grow box i build for my led UFO. I tried to do everything right for this little box so i wouldn't have any enviromental issues with my plants and would know if this light was worth the coin.

I have 2, 4.5 axial fans, one on the carbon filter and one acting as an intake in the lower front corner. The intake fan is controlled by a CAP AIR 2.
The light did't create any heat, so i added a heat mat on a thermostat to keep the girls soil warm.

I stated the grow with seeds because i really wanted to see the lights ability from start to finish. I got the seeds from a freind, four are supposedly D-39 x Sweet Tooth #3 and 1 was shishkaberry that endend up male anyways.

about a three weeks later

let the Training begin, i went with the LST so i could really utilize the area

about a month later

I should have some more pics soon, i just started 12/12 a few days ago. So far i have no complaints, except for the damn long veg time.

thanks for checking out my little pink room.. ha :laughing:

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
Looks nice, but that does seem like a really long veg time. Look forward to seeing how this all turns out. Good luck

D

d4.

Impressive, I have been wondering how the UFO's did. Those LED's must emit almost no heat, the light can't get any closer to speed up the veg time?

VLCMSTN13

I could have put it a little closer but i figured with the mylar and close proximity of everything that i would put it little farther, but it was still no more than 4-6 in above, i raised the light for pics

so it seems those ufos can atleast make a decent veg cab, normally leds veg fine and then slack off during flowering .. hopefully it turns out good for you...

G

Awesome thread. Finally someone other than High Times has a test run. Long veg time? That's not good. I was hoping it would accelerate the whole thing. I guess CMH is still the best option out there, imo.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I will be hanging around to watch this

Props to you for trying this man

Looking forward to seeing the results, my local hydro shop has some led displays there, but just has legal plants, Cactii, and stuff there. He knows of noone trying leds for real

Good luck man

VLCMSTN13

Yeah thats for checkin this out guys, I'm hoping it comes through in flowering too!
My local shop has one hanging in the store too but no one had really used it so they didn't really have a ton to say about it except what HT said.
i'll post some more pics tonight

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I'm getting stoned just LOOKING at this pic

VLCMSTN13 said:

I know you didn't buy the UFO for us but, Thank You for sharing with the class. This will be interesting no matter how it turns out.

S

statictattoo

Hey nice looking plants man, sucks about the long veg time.. saw your tread and i was wondering if you have seen the UTube video on HID vs LED, the guy used a UFO..
heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CtROw3uiVg you should check it out.. the end result didn`t look very good :badday:

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
Hey bro..Ive been wondering about those high priced UFO's..now I can see how they work w/o buying one first!!!Ill be lurkin here for sure!!Nice lookin plants too, I always go long veg times with mine!!!Peace

- Z

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
impressed with ur ufo :yes:
u say about 7 wk veg? slow growth or were they sexed/mature by then ?

looks like thell perform quite well for u

VLCMSTN13

Thanks Statictattoo, i will check that link out tonight for sure

Yeah Zeus, they are some pricey bastards. I hope i can save you a few bucks if this doesn't work out so well in flower.

M@rg, i would say i sexed then about a month in. They all showed preflowers pretty well. From there i just trained them and tried to fill up my grow space until i was ready to flower. So it did great in veg even though it took a little while. As for the rest we'll all have to wait and see but i'll keep on posting as i start to see some buds (fingers crossed) :smoke:

VLCMSTN13

I'm going to make a whole new thread but i thought i would just post a few pics from the other grow i have going right now. 6 big girls under a 1k

right around 30 days :joint: :headbange

Latest posts

Latest posts