What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UFO test run

Tomatoesonly

so the cab is 3x3, which means you have a 80 watts of light covering 9 square feet. That's 8.9 watts per square foot.

That is freaking impressive that anything grew, let alone you grew enough to fill the cabinet. In theory, you should have 450 watts in that cabinet, or at least 5 LED UFO lights. Imagine how fast things would grow then.

For anyone that has the space, but is scared of power usage this looks like it could be a viable alternative.

VLCMSTN13

Pink Menace @ 25 days

Pink Menace @ 25 days

Finally got some new pics this weekend, got to spend some quality time with the girls on the holiday. This is at 25 days of flowering.

Still seems pretty damn slow to me, but they are healthy and stress free. A little on the leggy side too, but not the worst i've ever seen.

I'm thinking about adding four 3ft T-5 lamps, one in each corner, but i might wait until the next run, just so i get a test of pure led growth.

S

statictattoo

looking WAaAAAaY better then mine lol.. man I'm pulling for you here i want to see the final yield.... big big big big big big lol :)

VLCMSTN13

The LED shows a little love

The LED shows a little love

Hello all, I know its been awhile since i've posted, but its hard to get ahold of a camera some times. Anyway, everything has been going very well. My temps and humidity sits right around 75 deg with 50 %.
These pics were taken two days ago at 50 days of flowering. They all smell great, my mouth is starting to water for some led goodies.. i think another two weeks and they will be pretty close. Things still aren't super fast under this light, but i'm happier every day with what i see. :rasta:

Thanks for checking out the grow!

Last edited:
B

Bigtimer7

looks GREAT!!

Deff tagged... WOW you really are showin the UFO off well +++

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
so these are LEDS buds that I ams seeing? That is nice!

Those are some nice buds for just that ufo.

VLCMSTN13

Thanks BigTimer, and thanks for checkin in again Dr Dog. I'm pretty happy with the results, i really didn't expect all that much but they are frostin up pretty nicely

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
wow i must say im suprised.
thoes look good.
good job.
im definately going to check back for some pre-harvest shots.

Finally, a verifiable UFO sighting

Finally, a verifiable UFO sighting

Dude, we should all take up a collection for you. This thread is nothing less than a public service. Thanks, and may the yield gods smile upon you.

VLCMSTN13

THanks DIgitalhippy i was kinda suprised too!!

Ancientmariner, i hope this does help some people out, its no 1k, but its doin its thing. Thanks for checkin out my grow.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
wow that is a trippy lookin light. the color is what gets me. looking good none the less. looking forward to seeing what the yield is like.... out of curiousity how much more expensive is that light compared to a regular 1000w?

VLCMSTN13

I think the cheapest you can get into a 1000w set up is around $250 and the ufo goes for just under $600. So that initial cost is alot, but with the eletric savings and not needing a new buld every year, it adds up. I'm still always going to grow with 1000w bulbs. But the UFO was too intersting not to try. So far i'm pretty happy with it. They smell soooooo good today.. i love spring

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
ancientmariner said:
Dude, we should all take up a collection for you. This thread is nothing less than a public service. Thanks, and may the yield gods smile upon you.

For real man, good lookin testn these things, cant wait for the final results!

sns_stealth

nice work with the UFO. youve got some good buds showing up there :jump:

These pics were taken two days ago at 50 days of flowering. They all smell great, my mouth is starting to water for some led goodies.. i think another two weeks and they will be pretty close. Things still aren't super fast under this light, but i'm happier every day with what i see.

yeah id let them go a little long too, ive been working with high-power LED growing and it seemed to add a week or so to normal times.

any chance your growing the same strains in your 1000W room? I am trying to find more evidence of higher potency claims.

thanks again for sharing with the class, this is the only way we'll advance past street light growing.
:sasmokin:

VLCMSTN13

Thanks for the comments sns_stealth, I'm actually not growing that strain in my 1k, i started them from seed like i said, but i did take some cuts, i plan on flowering them out in my 1k for pretty much that same purpose. So i'll post the comparison in a few months.
I'm Glad that everyone is showing some love to the pink menace

sour_weasel

sns_stealth said:
nice work with the UFO. youve got some good buds showing up there :jump:

yeah id let them go a little long too, ive been working with high-power LED growing and it seemed to add a week or so to normal times.

any chance your growing the same strains in your 1000W room? I am trying to find more evidence of higher potency claims.

thanks again for sharing with the class, this is the only way we'll advance past street light growing.
:sasmokin:

Imagine that when this whole LED growing thing started, people said LED grown bud would never have any potency without UV. Now we know that simply ain't true baby. :rasta:

mojojojo

im thinking about one or two of these for my darkroom 150
to use as a companion to the 1000 w cool tube.
nice show man.

Americangrower

Veteran
Wow.. very nice job VLC..

While I agree UFO's can work I still have a problem / question..

Are those plants D39 x Sweetooth?

if so D39 is a cash cropper strain and Sweetooth is also a heavy producer...

Wheres the buds... those top 4 buds look to be about the size of my thumb.. hardly enough to justify $600 and 4 months of your life no..

Sorry to bring this up in your thread, but since it is a fair test thread I thought I'd voice the other side of the arguement.

great job on the cab/grow.. be well :joint:

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
Nice looking job with the UFO. Been wanting to get my hands on one of these.

Latest posts

Latest posts