What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UFC Thread ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Yea disappointment 4 sure ,very late. Training night before the weigh in? < and that made me feel loopy,this morning " where the hoot are they ....I tried convincing myself they were the headline !

What's up with kebabs anyway?

9th fight he has pulled out of...

cravin morehead

Veteran
So disappointing about Khabib... hospitalized from dehydration issues? I didn't think he cut that much weight...Are him and El Cucuy ever gonna fight?... Go Wonderboy

Cm

Meraxes

Veteran
It's likely pushed Khabibbers back a couple years. I thought Khebabs was going to take it actually, b/c if he gets a hold of you it's a mauling like the Revenant. Kaaaa Bears...:biggrin: It's a setback. Hope Woodley's kicked in the face, nice guy tho...

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's likely pushed Khabibbers back a couple years. I thought Khebabs was going to take it actually, b/c if he gets a hold of you it's a mauling like the Revenant. Kaaaa Bears...:biggrin: It's a setback. Hope Woodley's kicked in the face, nice guy tho...

He's a monster in the octagon, but he can't consistently make it to fights. That's why I think this might be the closest he'll ever get to a title shot.

Go Wonderboy! What is the secret of your power?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure to buy this one now with Khabib out. Will watch on internet stream anyways.

Gotta think Woodley learned more about Wonderboy than the reverse. Woodley has massive power and moves forward. Wonderboy has an array of strikes and angles, more going on with his game.

Look for a stop before 4th round for Woodley win. Hope not, just being realistic. After the mauling Wonderboy got last time I feel a bit for him. Woodley's 'white privledge' crap does not help my opinion of him either.

Meraxes

Veteran
Not sure to buy this one now with Khabib out. Will watch on internet stream anyways.

Gotta think Woodley learned more about Wonderboy than the reverse. Woodley has massive power and moves forward. Wonderboy has an array of strikes and angles, more going on with his game.

Look for a stop before 4th round for Woodley win. Hope not, just being realistic. After the mauling Wonderboy got last time I feel a bit for him. Woodley's 'white privledge' crap does not help my opinion of him either.

Don't make me sik Godbeer on you Yesum...:biggrin:

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran

What stream are you using?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
streamhunter worked but i had to refresh a few times. kinda boring main fight but that match with the 2 'nonames' was good.

GSPfan

Veteran
Ya the woodly thompson outcome was awful. Thompson easily edged three rounds. Woodly was doing his best deer in the headlights impersonation almost the whole fight. On the good side, now that thompson is out of the title picture, GSP is free to return to WW after smashing Bisping.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I scored rounds 1,2,4 for wonderboy, 3 & 5 for woodley.

Shout out darren elkins. Showed heart big-time

G `day KD

Similar , though I had a 10-8 to Woodley Rnd 5 making it another draw . 1 Judge thought the same .

Most boring uneventful championship fight in a long time . I doubt there have been many champions with as few ways to win as Tyronne Woodley .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Londonbum69

Wow now gsp will lose ,then blame ring rust ,he will have a glass of red wine and fight again, I was at UFC 83 and I saw gsp win the belt from Serra. I don't met Mike and trained with him once, he is much bigger then georges .

KillerDemo

Too many weight classes being stalled, 155 with conor nowhere to be found, 185 with bisping ducking yoel & jacare the real contenders, 205 is shallow as hell. This money fight sh!t is turning UFC into boxing. To hell with you wme corporate bullies

Meraxes

Veteran
Stephen's a favorite of mine, but I was dissapointed, too triggershy. I had him 3-2, but he did kind of deserve it b/c you have to beat the champ.

Conner seems to have invented a new term..."Paternity Leave". How much time off? Damn, he better be at those lamaze classes..:biggrin:

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Gday Elm'... Don't know how you could rate that 10-8
Feel certain that la8 knockdown in rd5 had him keeping the belt Other than that he was boring restricted by his one dimension or respect for WB Thompsons' skills

G `day Bird

Judge #2 thought the 5th round was a 10 / 8 .
Looking at the replay Woodley threw a lotta vicious punches but only a cpl found the mark . 1st impression 10 -8 but no real damage done .

E3uVKgI.jpg

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Stephen's a favorite of mine, but I was dissapointed, too triggershy. I had him 3-2, but he did kind of deserve it b/c you have to beat the champ.

Conner seems to have invented a new term..."Paternity Leave". How much time off? Damn, he better be at those lamaze classes..:biggrin:

G `day M

Gotta take the belt from the champ is a BS cliche .
There is no special scoring system for title fights where you have to KO or submit the champion to win . Just have to out point him .

Gotta take the belt suggests some bias from the judges towards the champ . If the fight is even , give the champ an advantage . Not true .
Maybe in some bygone era of boxing .

Both those guys need to take on board the SAS motto ; who dares wins .

Reem vs Black Beast ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

JKD

Veteran
EB how about Black Beast vs Predator? Would be a fight that lacks finesse, but still...

I am more interested is seeing CMG fight Barboza than Khabib, purely because of CMGs stance with his lead leg far forward and Barbozas habit of destroying lead legs... CMG would have to change his style considerably. I am interested to see if he could, and still be the same fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.