What's new

UFC 2015

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Well, he's succeeding in not impressing anyone...after all, who's impressed by that? I would be impressed if he was articulate. Anyone can talk shit.
Definitely not "people persons"....lots of hostility there...:biggrin: I guess it serves them in that line of work....still don't see the point of all the shit talking, but I'm old school. At least Chael has a brain, and can be articulate...he's not just foul mouthed.

dont underestimate them, they know what they are doing. the trash-talking is part of what got them where they are. i've met nate, he's chill. They aren't mean guys, they are vegan stoners who do jujitsu all day.

talking trash and bitchslapping lawler:
5f67a_Picture_1_medium.png

RetroGrow

Veteran
Ha, ha! Don't think he would last long with Lawler now...he's a killer.
Vegans, huh? Keeps the weight down.....

Bwanabud

dont underestimate them, they know what they are doing. the trash-talking is part of what got them where they are. i've met nate, he's chill. They aren't mean guys, they are vegan stoners who do jujitsu all day.

Well said, they both have great ground games. I don't think they're "mean", they just take the Stockton bullshit too far...and they are misunderstood. But it's business, and the badboy horseshit is getting old...and I'm a fan.

Interesting the vegan lifestyle, saw Nate eating fish on a show the other night(if it's organic). I always thought our bodies needed the protein to build muscle, but many top athletes today have gone vegan/vegetarian with success...so I must be clueless :)

I don't understand Nicks weed conviction at all, if it's legal in his resident state....and legal in many countries that other fighters live, how can the UFC/NSAC take a stand for it to be listed on banned substances ??? It isn't a PID in any way, so they may as well add alcohol to the list too.

I understand if they don't want a fighter highed up on weed/alcohol on fight night, because their fight performance might suffer, nobody should go to work high...but for it to be banned is total total bullshit. It's an international sport, and many countries are more forward thinking than the US.

B

birdman_

4up^ , Conor does a lot of 'trash Talking'!'(?) ridiculing his Opponents is maybe Part of His Game plan But AS YET He Does What He Says he's Gonna do. ..' Dig that

Last edited:
B

birdman_

Im having that Pic.Could also Fit in the Funny pic Thread!

Last edited:

jesbuds

I think shit talking can be a very good tool to use, the game is very much in each fighter's own head and if you can get to them, gets them off their game. Even initiating anger can help, an angry fighter may not always be a smart fighter.

A good fighter that's mentally sound can show unexpected greatness in the cage (Dillashaw/Barao and GSP/Sherk come to mind since I just re-watched the fights). This is one area I do have to give McGregor some credit for, he really seemed to focus on this as 'training' for fighters on TUF. Remember a few times him saying something along the lines of, "These guys aren't going to change dramatically while here, they have the skills and talent, they just need to be right in the head before the fights."

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Vegans, huh? Keeps the weight down.....
Interesting the vegan lifestyle, saw Nate eating fish on a show the other night(if it's organic). I always thought our bodies needed the protein to build muscle, but many top athletes today have gone vegan/vegetarian with success...so I must be clueless :)
i guess the diaz bros are strict organic vegetarians who eat fish too. i think theres a name for that but i forget. pescatarian maybe

Jake shields is a vegetarian, and his older bro is too (my jiu jitsu coach) who's a freakishly strong grappler about 6-foot 190lbs so you definitely dont need meat to build muscle

Bwanabud

I've always been a Jake Shields fan, figured he was a vegan also because of his ties to the Diaz camp. I thought it was strange that Nick wasn't allowed at the weigh-in or corner for Nate, because he's been banned...so if you get banned for a bullshit infraction, they basically outcast you...WTF ?

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those are my two favorites. Don't know if Condit can match Lawler's strength. Not to mention that Lawler can really take a shot. Don't know how he stayed on his feet against McDonald, but can't see Condit dishing out more punishment than that. Robbie is a beast who just keeps coming. Too bad one of them has to lose.

Condit is outstanding on the ground too. I don't know if he'll be going for takedowns, but he'll go for it if he sees a chance at a submission.

This feels like it's the best matchup to be made in MMA right now. I don't know who I'm picking yet.

Bwanabud

A much calmer Nate interview after the fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OcpWnKbsSw&feature=youtu.be&list=PLwsbBqbw4LprFW0HeTwRZ8ZTTIj6Q6wj-

I started laughing when he was like, "I'm gonna ninja his ass up!"

Nate is not going to "ninja" up Conor, the hype will be better than the fight,,,and with Nate ranked 15th at 155, the fight isn't going to happen either,,,Nate may as well play the lottery, cuz it won't be Conor.

Condit is outstanding on the ground too. I don't know if he'll be going for takedowns, but he'll go for it if he sees a chance at a submission.

This feels like it's the best matchup to be made in MMA right now. I don't know who I'm picking yet.

Should be a great match, but Lawler is a tough beast...and Condit won't dish out the pain that Rory did, but his kicking game may change the fight.

Bwanabud

condit has such an akward style, i cant believe its so effective

That is very true, but also true with some other great fighters,,,Conor, Cruz, Werdum, Pettis, Ferguson...to name a few.

It's the Roman Colosseum, lion against tiger....I love this shit :biggrin:

Bwanabud

He strikes from strange angles, and his clinch game is something to fear too...I really like him, and a classy guy.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
lawler is gonna fuck him up. that guy has scary hands

i'm not really a big fan of either fighter but i am really looking forward to this match

RetroGrow

Veteran

I don't see Condit having the power/strength to match Lawler. Lawler is truly a wild animal in beast mode.
Condit does have the best death stare though. He can almost beat you with his stare. Looks like an alien killer.
He destroyed Thiago Alves, who is a brawny dude with lots of muscles. Not in Lawler's class though.
Going to be very interesting. Love both of these guys, but don't see Lawler losing. His will is so strong.

https://youtu.be/wJgyQUSWveE

Latest posts

Latest posts