What's new

Ubuntu and Sun Virtualbox kicks YOUR ass

U

uncle_shorty

Linux sux - you would have to be high on drugs to use something like that

SLAH-edit3.jpg

H

h^2 O

macs are like computers for retarded people/children. The icons are all smiley faces and it basically holds your hand. They're good for art school students and people trying to look hip and young, but I'll stab a macbook with a prison shiv before I use one.

Last edited:
U

uncle_shorty

id like to stab a lot of the mac users with a shiv, bunch of wierdos

beejium

there just computers ppl as long as they do what you need, tis all that matters. personally i got into linux 6 months ago to try something different (pc since 1995). one of my good friend is a hardcore mac user, but i can't get him off my pc when he's here.

beejium

Adobe is still working out their holes on all OSs due to recent bad press,
but the latest version is working fine even on my old ass shit

try this for 32bit Karmic:

in terminal

sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

add this line

deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu karmic partner

close and will be added to repositories.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras

restart your browser and head to http://www.averybrewing.com/
to see if it works

for 64bit Karmic:

in terminal

wget http://queleimporta.com/downloads/flash10_x64_en.sh && sudo chmod +x flash10_x64_en.sh && sudo sh ./flash10_x64_en.sh

restart your browser and head to http://www.averybrewing.com/
to see if it works

it works now!!!!!!! i tried a couple different workarounds in the past, but none did the job. :thanks: i also had one annoying ass beep. almost every second. it took me near 5 days to realise that it was a reminder that my memory card was in. man did i feel dumb when i pulled it and the beep stopped.

U

uncle_shorty

hehe yeah last week adobe had fucked it all up and everyone was pissed.....

beejium

dual boot!!!!! i keep all my grow logs/info in linux with a separate password. when i game (very rare these days) i run windows. i guess i stopped playing games, as they remind me of working at the bottling plant... download a live cd you can install it without disturbing your os. then if you don't like it uninstall it. heck if you don't want to make system changes you can run it off the cd, but it wont have all the features.

Last edited:
U

uncle_shorty

who uses alcohol? or windows? certainly not me I dont even use wine or load windows in virtualbox, I want nothing to do with it....I was joking, I think everyone can agree mac users are a bit wierd, most if them are so pretentious and for what exactly? because their little machine has nice clean lines? Ever been in a room full of mac users?
Ellen_Feiss.jpg

U

uncle_shorty

yeah I got Gnu growth

but ima any NIX man even Mac but mac users are always good for a laugh all im trying to say

Freedom 35, Tony, by any means...as long is its not windows

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
Freedom 35, Tony, by any means...as long is its not windows

It doesn't take rocket appliances to see that you are right. Make my words. Sorry for assuming you are a Windows user.

BTW, all Mac users are not like "Ellen" in the commercial, any more than all smokers are like the Cheech and Chong characters.

Pretentious! Ha, that's funny. I'll have to tell that one to the servants while we are out on the veranda sipping Cristal and speaking with exaggerated Boston accents.

U

uncle_shorty

well I like the stoned ass ellen.....

and not all but alot of mac users do have that euro attitude..

Mindset Media comparing the behavior of Mac-owners vs. PC-owners--specifically, who was snobbier? Mindset surveyed 7500 Mac and PC-owners and found that Mac users were more self-important, intellectually curious, and felt themselves to be extraordinary and superior. Mac users are more likely to use teeth-whitening kits (vanity!), buy organic food, be politically liberal, be willing to pay more for green technology, buy a hybrid car, drink Starbucks, and have bought more than 5 new pairs of sneakers in the past year. People who described themselves as having an "open personality" were 60% more likely to own a Mac. 60% of Mac users vs only 16% of PC users downloaded music last year, and paid for it.

Apple-PC-Ads.jpg

So there seems to be some positive and negative things about the 'Mac Mindset.' But, that being said, Mac owners are more satisfied with their purchases than PC owners (70% vs 59%, respectively). Count me in that 70%, but I'd rather avoid being called an over-caffeinated, bleached-teeth self-important hippie perfectionist if I can help it. Oh wait....

dreadvik

Hrm I'm talking about laptop with OS not OS alone and equivelent spec with a 40% discount!

Most the mac users I know would be happy to step up to the challenge of a fight! The UK grime scene love their lengs and their macs ;)

MacOSX is not just the pretty gui! That's like saying linux is just KDE or GNOME! It's basically BSD under the hood which owns linux IMO especially with all the idiots contributing to the linux scene these days. Last distro I liked was gentoo but that went the idiot way eventually and I haven't bothered with linux other than on embedded devices unless it was for work reasons.

@beejium: Hope your encrypting that shit or it's pretty easy to get at with a rescue disk and a brain ;) Security through obscurity is best left alone!

U

uncle_shorty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsvSIkF_nO8&feature=related

Hello everybody out there using minix -

I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and
professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones. This has been brewing
since april, and is starting to get ready. I'd like any feedback on
things people like/dislike in minix, as my OS resembles it somewhat
(same physical layout of the file-system (due to practical reasons)
among other things).

I've currently ported bash(1.08) and gcc(1.40), and things seem to work.
This implies that I'll get something practical within a few months, and
I'd like to know what features most people would want. Any suggestions
are welcome, but I won't promise I'll implement them :)

Linus (torvalds@kruuna.helsinki.fi)

PS. Yes - it's free of any minix code, and it has a multi-threaded fs.
It is NOT protable (uses 386 task switching etc), and it probably never
will support anything other than AT-harddisks, as that's all I have :-(.

beejium

Hrm I'm talking about laptop with OS not OS alone and equivelent spec with a 40% discount!

Most the mac users I know would be happy to step up to the challenge of a fight! The UK grime scene love their lengs and their macs ;)

MacOSX is not just the pretty gui! That's like saying linux is just KDE or GNOME! It's basically BSD under the hood which owns linux IMO especially with all the idiots contributing to the linux scene these days. Last distro I liked was gentoo but that went the idiot way eventually and I haven't bothered with linux other than on embedded devices unless it was for work reasons.

@beejium: Hope your encrypting that shit or it's pretty easy to get at with a rescue disk and a brain ;) Security through obscurity is best left alone!

locked doors keep the honest out. that's all i worry about. besides no thumb no boot.

dreadvik

Ah nice bios protection :) I'm guessing the drive has the same so can't be moved about machines without a full wipe :)

Latest posts

Latest posts