What's new

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How predictable
We have been running this thread for years trying to find brightsides cut , ,,just so we can gift it to the world with his name on it,,then this fukin stupid cut gets sent out,,It's such a shame,,now people in the USA are smoking a sub par cheese cut thinking that's what us uk guys have been banging on about for years,,an it's a shit cut too,,,,,,totally gutted,,,giving brightside a bad name,,so so gutted,,we have been running this thread for years and it feels like it's just been shit on with this cut,,it should have been verified multiple times before sending ,,I've seen this cut pop up on multiple cloneguys lists ,,,every time my hand hits my head,,every single time

Last edited:

William76

Na,there's folk in the USA that know the real cheese,iv sent it there,u probably hav to Rick,it is bad there tacking the bs name to it to try and legitimise it.even more important to find it and verify it.be good if one of us that had it b4 could get it back,then problem solved.76

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Only solution now is to find it,, send it again with a weight of verification,,,I'd even consider attaching my name to it now just because people seem to say my name when they are talking about a cheese verification ,,I have literally heard people say that if I've not verified it then its not the one,,

englishricks brightside cheese doesn't sound right to me tho,,

dunno what to do about this atm,,,,my solution is always just to work harder,,

Rgd

Veteran
the cheese cut in north america Vision Creator had sent to him in Canada and it got sent around 15 years ago
[what ever cheese it was ]

Rgd

Veteran
Post some pictures bro ,,
it was a long time ago...I have no photo’s I can find

it smelled like "toe jam wine and cheese"..my wife was so grossed out by it.

it smelled SO strong

its was ok weed..I have s1’s made from of it.

grew like a skunk #1 sativa hybrid..it smelled and looked similar to the first kaliman cheese seeds that came later

I admire you guys and your cheese quest....what you loo, for musta beenreally good

or you guys are just nostalgic[joke]

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is why I'm so gutted about this sub par cut being named brightside,,,it's not nostalgia,,it's fear,, genuine fear ,,when you smoke it,,when you grow it, when you transport it,,,the fear it creates is not nostalgia,,it's heart pounding, not the same as other buds

Weedheads can't generally smell themselves stinking of bud,,the brightside kicks that idea in the ass,,you smell yourself and it makes you panic,,it follows you around and alerts everyone to your bud exposure,,

I had a Sony Ericsson t28 once , i left it in someone's car ,,just from texting while cropping made that phone a major liability,,it stunk bad that the guy was complaining that his car would never smell the same again,,

once my ex went to work and put her uggs in her locker,,just from walking into a pruning area days before her shoes stunk so bad it got her noticed by everyone in the locker room and she got told never bring weed in again

My Friend worked at blockbuster and made a spliff once in the toilet after the shop closed ready for his walk home,,,the manager said the shop stunk of weed the day after,,luckily she wasn't too angry

This was normal with brightsides cut ,,this is why a sub par cut gives it a bad name ,,the brightside was genuinely unique for this lingering/explosive smell

Terppalooza

This is why I'm so gutted about this sub par cut being named brightside,,,it's not nostalgia,,it's fear,, genuine fear ,,when you smoke it,,when you grow it, when you transport it,,,the fear it creates is not nostalgia,,it's heart pounding, not the same as other buds

Weedheads can't generally smell themselves stinking of bud,,the brightside kicks that idea in the ass,,you smell yourself and it makes you panic,,it follows you around and alerts everyone to your bud exposure,,

I had a Sony Ericsson t28 once , i left it in someone's car ,,just from texting while cropping made that phone a major liability,,it stunk bad that the guy was complaining that his car would never smell the same again,,

once my ex went to work and put her uggs in her locker,,just from walking into a pruning area days before her shoes stunk so bad it got her noticed by everyone in the locker room and she got told never bring weed in again

My Friend worked at blockbuster and made a spliff once in the toilet after the shop closed ready for his walk home,,,the manager said the shop stunk of weed the day after,,luckily she wasn't too angry

This was normal with brightsides cut ,,this is why a sub par cut gives it a bad name ,,the brightside was genuinely unique for this lingering/explosive smell
I've had some of those experiences 😂😂😂 not shure if I can only blame the cheese tho

Rgd

Veteran
us Canadians have no idea about Bright-side

it was called uk cheese
before all the

no this is the real one “
names started

hope you get your gold bro

don’t get gutted it sounds painful

and bro

this cheese sure stunk

again

hope you get your dream girl

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I tried for years to get her to make fertile self seed. Had 4 foot tall full blown males of her dropping pollen all over the place..In all the time trying, if I got ten beans I was lucky and never fertile always white and hollow.

Edit..but who knows there's always a first time for everything.

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm very skeptical of people saying they S1 the Cheese clone as I've tried several times over the years with same turnout as others failure.

But I will say over the years STS methods have got alot better, more info etc etc and I've been able to Reverse other same clones I couldn't reverse years ago.

That being said I wouldn't even try again until we can confirm that we have the Brightside cut back again

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
I'm very skeptical of people saying they S1 the Cheese clone as I've tried several times over the years with same turnout as others failure.

But I will say over the years STS methods have got alot better, more info etc etc and I've been able to Reverse other same clones I couldn't reverse years ago.

That being said I wouldn't even try again until we can confirm that we have the Brightside cut back again

i heard before that Exdous Chesse cut is sterile to can make S1 version of it, i heard from diffrent breeders how has tried before to make S1 seeds...

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Yeah out of curiosity I grew out 20 of GH "exodus cheese" once to see if they had managed to get right what so many of us had tried and failed to do...and that was not the clone I can almost say with surety that they s1'd, it was a greasy afghan dominant line that diverged like an f2 would, with half the plants looking afghan, 1/4 looking like cheese skunk with sawteeth and all, and most had no terps to write home about, one plant smelled like hospital disinfectant, and there was one plant that was remotely cheesy in its profile and was this stringy wispy viney thing that yielded nothing. I wasn't looking for a cheese plant so I wasn't dissapointed, I was just curious.

The original Bigbuddha cheese releases which was cheese x affie backcross to cheese, were WAY better representations of the plant, but still nothing compared to the proper cut. We still have the proper cut here in bottom of africa, we will never let it go. Once you have the cut, you don't care if its called brightside or exodus or whatever...you have the cheese, the proper cheese and call it whatever you like..I see now growing it over many many years, that it was infected with viroid from the time it was brought to our country in mid 2000s and as said before on here I can see its pretty resistant.. I never noticed viroids effects directly, pulling my g/w for years and greenhouses full, and fields full..but I see occasional dud plants right back to the beginning in hindsight...so i think personally the slight differences in profiles of terps are due to pathogen load, environment and diet more than the actual original clones being different plants? I'm guessing here as never smoked the "brightside" or or, just our cut which is the proper cut, the one that won the cannabis cup the year or two after landing here...it flew its wings early 2000s and did get out and then was hoarded like a MOFO as its commercial GOLD..but if I look back the best crops tastiest often were in adverse conditions, outside or greenhouse, high temps..but high humidity..actually in hindsight, high temps but suitable VPD, hence allowing plants to outrun viroid to a degree...the difference in terps between crops was marginal but over the years i notice a difference between crops. When my crop hit market it would always be snapped up as the "super cheese" to differentiate it between the rest of not proper cuts around. I'd not be the only one but the market had to create the distinction as too many had inferior cuts of the decades before release of BBcheese that was still shared. More of those around than proper. But I think the big difference between the cuts, may be infectious load. and maybe of those original cuts, they are all the same? But I am speculating here..Even personally I've sent A grade bud cheese for PCR testing and it was through the roof viroid, one would not guess looking and smelling, or smoking the bud. One would not guess smoking the trim leaf! The trim still smokes better than most other bud. Cheese is king. Ah I had the pleasure, kilos of translucent full melt cheese bubble, used to run that washing machine in shifts a decade ago, once it got cold enough in the year, after greenhouse harvests.. My mate used to silk road that shit all day long...used to get shipped to the UK, and all over, and people would explain WTF how they can buy some hash from the bottom of africa and it was more cheese than the cheese they could get in london... And infected the whole time, and used to yield when dialed, and root..now thats a commercial beauty. Had old dealers from pusher street in copenhagen exclaim that was the best hash they had ever smoked in their life, before passing out..LOL..She's a giver. That said, I saw my mate posting a pic of a winter crop of his cheese and getting corn terps in the mix, and immediately alarm bells went off in my head as to in hindsight those corn terp plants were ones where what I now recognise as abiotic stress factors and maybe not high temps and high light not allowing a plant to outgrow viroid (to some small degree)..and made my alarm bells go off and I got chatting with him and started talking about general problems they have, and with certain strains, and cloning etc.. and got him testing and yeah, they were all infected too like a fair % are. So even with cheese, just from people describing its nuances of terps so have I correctly guessed it was infected, or rather higher load from infection, as it seemed as I guessed that all was infected.. But yeah..I speak from hindsight here and I've called it already from this clone, I take guesses but they are educated guesses.

I know the one lab in the states that has been cleaning up everyones material, which has the library of elites one only dreams of, they have cheese..clean..Fuck i'd LOVE to grow that out..but, at the same time I'm wary, as they have like a few different cheese plants...and once you've grown enough cheese or smoked enough, one realizes there is only one cheese (even if infected!) and all other imposters pale in comparison..So which one(s) have they got?? Fuck..

Last edited:

Rgd

Veteran

the cheese clone we have over here is a real cheese clone..the pheno’s from selfing[yes very difficult]

the pheno's were basically identical..some saw tooth leaves, sativa hybrid shaped leaves ,

smells like a wine and cheese party and toe jam..

but since there are so many cheese clone names..

***I highly doubt its the glory one we have..**

which no-one seems to have..even here..so

as for reversal..its a moot point because of that

.....has cheese gone the story of rks?

this is quite the thread

and wish ya'll well

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Na, I've still got the cheese backed up at a few close mates.. It is in switzerland too, it came there via south of Africa long ago in someone's luggage.. Rks too, you just have to play in the chem genepool enough, in it crosses, as chems an old rancid skunk afterall, and or play in the genetics that SamS made available and cross a bunch and grow them out to find those plants that smell like my dog does at the moment. She found some dead animal on the farm yesterday and I gave her a wash and first thing this morning she found it again..Oh my..its horrendous..But yeah you still get cuts around that smell like that, I've found them in crossing Sams haze x skunk and widow skunk lines, and I've found them in chem outcrosses we've grown out. I have one plant that is pure armpits, dead animal, flowers, berries and extreme halitosis like the breath of someone who has an infected or decaying tooth..But no worries the cheese is well alive..I think though just incase the cuts that are on store clean, are not THE cut...if I had at all chance I'd get that cut cleaned up and put in on cold store for when im old and grey. I still want to be smoking it then..

Latest posts

Latest posts