What's new

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

Terppalooza

SillyOG Cheese 🕺👾 bit premature tho. Dank cheesy smoke.

Attachments

• PXL_20230915_114243067.jpg
    PXL_20230915_114243067.jpg
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 76

bimblebrains_1

So finally found somewhere willing to let me flower out this Cheese,rooted clone just been potted up in to Coco and will be run on Athena salts under leds so should be interesting,get her really plumped up and do her justice I hope....will start posting pics once things get interesting,watch this space,hopefully we can actually get a verdict on her one day lol..... cheers bimble

bimblebrains_1

The wizard cut is something called blue psycho,,,it's not brightsides,,,that means everything in the USA labled as brightsides is fake,,,fuk sake,,,this creates a problem ,,,I'm gutted that brightsides name is attached to a sub par cut
I was sure it was different to mine whatever is was,AHH ok well that's gunna cause another major cluster fuck,dang.... ,so how have you come across this Info then out of Interest bro?

bimblebrains_1

Sound bimble that u can flower her out. Is that under LED this time ?
Yes mate,she'll be under a 600w lumatek right in the middle,she gets a prime spot being the old lady that she is!...Shame I can't flower under hps for a better comparison to the old pics but these lights are very good and she's gunna be run at high EC in the Coco ..the mum is eating up 3.0ec and flourishing,I'm gunna really try and push her,you have to with these lights I've found as they are super intense

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I have been talking to BrokenEnglish via email,, he doesn't come onto icmag enough to have a flowing conversation on here,,,he promised me a lil nug to check the validity of the wizard cut,,his last email said "you won't like this",,he explained that after he received his cheese he's mixed it up with blue psycho,,every cut he's sent out has been this blue psycho cut including the USA batch,,including 4kalis cut,,etc

bimblebrains_1

So I have been talking to BrokenEnglish via email,, he doesn't come onto icmag enough to have a flowing conversation on here,,,he promised me a lil nug to check the validity of the wizard cut,,his last email said "you won't like this",,he explained that after he received his cheese he's mixed it up with blue psycho,,every cut he's sent out has been this blue psycho cut including the USA batch,,including 4kalis cut,,etc
Fuckin ell'

4kali

just to clarify this. Rick's story/post above is true. I speak to broken enghlish on the reg, although an absolute nightmare, shit happens, and its not the first time or the last time this will happen. broken English is a stand up guy 100% dedicated to the plant and is as gutted about this scenario as everyone who's been involved.
@englishrick out of interest have you or the other mush of standing on the brightside clone finally clarified the bimble as being the one,

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm cool with BrokenEnglish, he's a nice guy, an yeh this stuff happens,,but that's why this process had been so rigorous,,the brightside name is actually more important than the clone to me,,The idea of something that doesn't stink properly being given the brightside name and being sent round the USA,, well that's the reason for this thread being so long imo,,

I'm yet to smoke the bimble , when i smoke it il be able to give my opinion properly,,,i like the plant alot tho,,super healthy,, , I have a friend flowering it atm, please god it wont be long now,,,,I've had some issues myself so not been able to flower for a while,,it's killed me,,

Last edited:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
The wizard cut is something called blue psycho,,,it's not brightsides,,,that means everything in the USA labled as brightsides is fake,,,fuk sake,,,this creates a problem ,,,I'm gutted that brightsides name is attached to a sub par cut
Hey bro..once the proper cut arrives in those parts, though I think it is around...it will create its own distinction. Out our parts everyone and their dog had a cheese at some point but whenever the proper stuff got dropped, the market would just quickly label it the super cheese so they knew which to buy ..LOL..Though...Though once someone drops some, thats been cleaned up..guess they will have to call it the ultra cheese hahaha! Cuz in hindsight my cut I had for more than 15yrs, 100% was dirty when I got it,, but reasonably tolerant. Still used to push my G/w all day long fortnight in and fortnight out...LOL....Mind boggles to what it would have been like clean.

Dunno if ours is the brightside, just been known as the exo since it landed on our shores 20years back. Was intensely hoarded and not shared so most of the cuts around these parts are just good Big Buddha plants kept from back in the day. But if you got the exo, its trim smokes better than 99.99% of weed you'll find out there, had many a folk from states or holland express that it was the best joint they'd ever had, and then to see the look on their face when their told their smoking trim. Its an old party trick..but been dirty the whole time..blows my mind, what did it used to be like before?! I will have to find out! LOL.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
talking bout related cuts..sorry not sure if right thread for it but anyways...the blues/livers..old very similar skunk to cheese..Rick you know it well im sure..the first UGORG release of the backcross line.. I loved that too, but the THC/shine noticably less than the cheese from the get go, from first pheno hunt run, in all plants, and were couple duds off the bat, and terps subdued on a few and on the keepers, they went downhill quickly and I just kept the genes in seed from crosses I made back to cheese and my old OG from early 2000s.. Getmo grew out some of those OG blues and they were full old cheese skunk berries..anyway funny how hindsight changes your outlook. I'd love to get the livers, cleaned up..one day..

bimblebrains_1

Hey bro..once the proper cut arrives in those parts, though I think it is around...it will create its own distinction. Out our parts everyone and their dog had a cheese at some point but whenever the proper stuff got dropped, the market would just quickly label it the super cheese so they knew which to buy ..LOL..Though...Though once someone drops some, thats been cleaned up..guess they will have to call it the ultra cheese hahaha! Cuz in hindsight my cut I had for more than 15yrs, 100% was dirty when I got it,, but reasonably tolerant. Still used to push my G/w all day long fortnight in and fortnight out...LOL....Mind boggles to what it would have been like clean.

Dunno if ours is the brightside, just been known as the exo since it landed on our shores 20years back. Was intensely hoarded and not shared so most of the cuts around these parts are just good Big Buddha plants kept from back in the day. But if you got the exo, its trim smokes better than 99.99% of weed you'll find out there, had many a folk from states or holland express that it was the best joint they'd ever had, and then to see the look on their face when their told their smoking trim. Its an old party trick..but been dirty the whol
Haha good old memories,I'd lean toward it not being the bright side u
you used to run as she's a notoriously low yeilder but who knows eh
just to clarify this. Rick's story/post above is true. I speak to broken enghlish on the reg, although an absolute nightmare, shit happens, and its not the first time or the last time this will happen. broken English is a stand up guy 100% dedicated to the plant and is as gutted about this scenario as everyone who's been involved.
@englishrick out of interest have you or the other mush of standing on the brightside clone finally clarified the bimble as being the one
Yeah man shit happens,we've all done it!!! My immediate thought is ...is he still in touch with the guy called wizard to get the clone again?

Last edited:

bimblebrains_1

I'm cool with BrokenEnglish, he's a nice guy, an yeh this stuff happens,,but that's why this process had been so rigorous,,the brightside name is actually more important than the clone to me,,The idea of something that doesn't stink properly being given the brightside name and being sent round the USA,, well that's the reason for this thread being so long imo,,

I'm yet to smoke the bimble , when i smoke it il be able to give my opinion properly,,,i like the plant alot tho,,super healthy,, , I have a friend flowering it atm, please god it wont be long now,,,,I've had some issues myself so not been able to flower for a while,,it's killed me,,
Excellent news bro,he should beat me to it then,try and get some pics maybe... good really cuz the cut I potted up to veg up has already gone in to flower with fuck all veg time so maybe a somewhat subpar test ..not my spot and out of my control unfortunately...got her super healthy now here too,she's defo happier on salts than organics,...i should be able to get shots from an organic grow soon as well with a few of her in ...

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I've grown cheese every which way...and then some...was my commercial staple for 15 years...Best crop ever was in baking summer sun in a small hoophouse, in 50/50 of building and concrete crush and rubble, beach sand, and then mixed half with that of composted pig shit. A runt clone probably fusarium infected or, got thrown out and rooted itself through the bottom an empty pot the cube was thrown in with no soil and forgotten about. Eventually that root split that pot. The plant was a monster. Still be fattest best tasting most dripping cheese to date I ever grew. Grown multi pound plants in big soil raised beds, organics, salts, AAC's, sugars, the whole toot and it LOVED that, but it loves a well balanced salt diet just as much. She's a well domesticated girl by now. Still roots like a mofo, viroid and all, defineatly a tolerant variety...LOL...I think the clone has always had it since I got in mid 2000's. Best crops were in the baking summer sun and heat, in greenhouses, in terms of quality. The big outdoor bushes would be completely spectacular too, but there would occasionally be a dud I see now in hindsight. The ozone hole is near to us and the summer sun maxes out various meters at 2000 and 3000 ppfd at midday, light is real here in summer..Though indoors she preferred a cooler temp of 27-28 and high light, hotter than that and you'd drive foxtailing. She LOVES high light. Even back in the day I figured out pretty quickly and had 2000w per block that others would run 1200w or less in and she just performed better. Back in the days when if you wanted a 1000w'er you had to build it yourself.

Latest posts

Latest posts