What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ll b back next week,it’s weird it takes that long for a old strain to show assertive potential, I usually get that from newer cookie hybrids but whatever.
Yes a 30 year old strain can be like that , like the many of the weak Diesel/Chem cuts that's go around also display same symptoms .
Best Diesel Chem cuts are still good but how many of the well know Diesel cuts that go around are the same exact thing ? , many of them

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ll b back next week,it’s weird it takes that long for a old strain to show assertive potential, I usually get that from newer cookie hybrids but whatever.
Come back at week 5-6 with a stink report , before is to early to really catch that full Cheese Terp

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A seed plant or newer strain is definitely more loud than a 30 year old clone is early veg stage

Pineboy212

Yes a 30 year old strain can be like that , like the many of the weak Diesel/Chem cuts that's go around also display same symptoms .
Best Diesel Chem cuts are still good but how many of the well know Diesel cuts that go around are the same exact thing ? , many of them
Come back at week 5-6 with a stink report , before is to early to really catch that full Cheese Terp
A seed plant or newer strain is definitely more loud than a 30 year old clone is early veg stage
Okay but there’s nothing familiar about the cuts running around today there mainly backcrosses ime.
I’ll give it a lil more time and if she fits the bill, she fits the bill.
And I definitely know a seed vs clone grow

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay but there’s nothing familiar about the cuts running around today there mainly backcrosses ime.
I’ll give it a lil more time and if she fits the bill, she fits the bill.
And I definitely know a seed vs clone grow
Most of the well known Diesel cuts are a shadow of themselves from a decade ago , I'm talking the cuts that been around for a decade or more and are well known , not any new cuts or selection from seeds.

That's why Diesel so sought after these days
and also why I got alot of new haters to 😆 as I'm smashing out the Diesel projects and they producing ⛽️ everytime

Pineboy212

Most of the well known Diesel cuts are a shadow of themselves from a decade ago , I'm talking the cuts that been around for a decade or more and are well known , not any new cuts or selection from seeds.

That's why Diesel so sought after these days
and also why I got alot of new haters to 😆 as I'm smashing out the Diesel projects and they producing ⛽️ everytiime.
Nothing beats a classic
That 212 Classic.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your starting to sound like me ojd,,,

If its truly brightsides cut ,,,,brightsides is the loudest,,,so saying its not loud is just saying its not real

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Here she is the clone in question…

341FBE56-8649-4575-A69E-F80BAFF590D3.jpeg
AC408C99-19D9-4939-BEA3-8217E29443C9.jpeg
96338FA1-3FD3-4F81-A9A0-341DCC0D5E69.jpeg

…and the next perpetual batch up. She’s getting ran again over quite a few modern hybrids. Shes next to my Skunk Ape x sour cut, chem 91 and NYC piff.
7BC4C886-7DB0-46E2-BA95-2C36B8F1ECE7.jpeg

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've ripped the original clones down for cuts ,,,it passed all the veg checks,,,stem rub was a lil less strong than I would have hoped for but it smells right,,,

I'm not sure what's happening here but I've not seen ojd talk this much for years,,,have some new groups just come in?,,,is this the csi and anti csi crew?,,,

Yeh,,,brightsides took on a new level of stink on the 7th week,,,you might be in the early stages where you don't need to be too paranoid,,,when it passes that 7th we start worrying about the postman getting a wiff

bimblebrains_1

@Pineboy212 with all due respect and i'm really trying not to argue here,but how can you judge a cut at week 3 of flower? that's just ridiculous..when i first flowered her i remember thinking at week 3,damn you're slow to get going and as you say the smell was all sweet and not very loud.As i've said earlier in the thread i never got to fully finish her up as i had a move aboard on the cards and had to cut and run...now i only took her to 6 weeks and my house was already starting to have one hell of a stentch with a top notch filtration system running 24/7.I hacked everything down and packed everything up,many plants at week 4 were tossed but because the cheese was further along i thought fuck it i'll hang and dry it in the now bare room with a temp fan and filter next to it and with a week until i left maybe i could get a taste.
In hindsight this was crazy because the smell of that one little bush as it started to dry literally stank out my whole cul-de-sac,i was super paranoid over the next 5 days,it was stupid loud.I smoked the flower after 6 days and wow it had a really strong effect,had such a mouth coating,strong almost anti septic taste,astringent as fuck and made the mouth salivate as well like i remember the old old cheese doing.
I obviously then had all these flowers but no time to smoke many so i mailed them to a friend...this shit was triple zip locked,then in a mason type jar(brand new seal),then double zip locked,then in one of those vac seal bags that you use with a vacuum cleaner and then in a bigger jar and again bagged........after all that my friend said the postman gave funny grin as they signed for it and you could smell it out side of the box......now thats what i call loud!!!!,dunno bout you....and that was from an immature,harvested early cut that was shown not much love at all.
Sorry for the rant but one last thing...my friend then sat on those flowers for around 4 or 5 weeks and on opening it f,or the first time said that the smell was exactly like some blue cheese,i dont mean the variety blue cheese i mean like stilton or danish blue,you know those really really strong rank mature cheeses...it amazed me because for years i've been like smell this bud to her,it smells like this or that,and she'd always say it just smells like weed to me haha...its interesting because if you look back at the weed world article by wing commander blue i think he's called,he says that he got the plant from the guy who named it cheese(not of the hill/cheesefarmer) and that guy had called it that because the smell reminded him of fishing bait he used as a kid made of old blue cheese...thats how it got the name.....i think this foul feet/cheese thing only comes out after a longish cure tho i'm guessing...

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
brightsides can be a touch sweet in the early flower when you compare it to windows,,never really thought of it like that,,especially in the hotter days brightsides loses the black hash edge but the loudness wont be stopped past the 7th week no matter what,,,i find windows pumps out a darker raw afghani smell in early flower,,windows is actually less sweet than brightsides in early flower now that i think about it ,,,brightsides takes on the darkside the longer you run it ,,,you need to get it cold to bring out the black hash side too,,but nothing can stop that excessive stink,,

I remember a friend chopping early and in hot weather years ago ,, it didn't have anything like the black hash flavour it should,,still loud loud,,but sweeter than usual ,

id even say windows cold grows compared to hot brightsides,,brightsides might be sweeter,,,

Pineboy212

@Pineboy212 with all due respect and i'm really trying not to argue here,but how can you judge a cut at week 3 of flower? that's just ridiculous..when i first flowered her i remember thinking at week 3,damn you're slow to get going and as you say the smell was all sweet and not very loud.As i've said earlier in the thread i never got to fully finish her up as i had a move aboard on the cards and had to cut and run...now i only took her to 6 weeks and my house was already starting to have one hell of a stentch with a top notch filtration system running 24/7.I hacked everything down and packed everything up,many plants at week 4 were tossed but because the cheese was further along i thought fuck it i'll hang and dry it in the now bare room with a temp fan and filter next to it and with a week until i left maybe i could get a taste.
In hindsight this was crazy because the smell of that one little bush as it started to dry literally stank out my whole cul-de-sac,i was super paranoid over the next 5 days,it was stupid loud.I smoked the flower after 6 days and wow it had a really strong effect,had such a mouth coating,strong almost anti septic taste,astringent as fuck and made the mouth salivate as well like i remember the old old cheese doing.
I obviously then had all these flowers but no time to smoke many so i mailed them to a friend...this shit was triple zip locked,then in a mason type jar(brand new seal),then double zip locked,then in one of those vac seal bags that you use with a vacuum cleaner and then in a bigger jar and again bagged........after all that my friend said the postman gave funny grin as they signed for it and you could smell it out side of the box......now thats what i call loud!!!!,dunno bout you....and that was from an immature,harvested early cut that was shown not much love at all.
Sorry for the rant but one last thing...my friend then sat on those flowers for around 4 or 5 weeks and on opening it f,or the first time said that the smell was exactly like some blue cheese,i dont mean the variety blue cheese i mean like stilton or danish blue,you know those really really strong rank mature cheeses...it amazed me because for years i've been like smell this bud to her,it smells like this or that,and she'd always say it just smells like weed to me haha...its interesting because if you look back at the weed world article by wing commander blue i think he's called,he says that he got the plant from the guy who named it cheese(not of the hill/cheesefarmer) and that guy had called it that because the smell reminded him of fishing bait he used as a kid made of old blue cheese...thats how it got the name.....i think this foul feet/cheese thing only comes out after a longish cure tho i'm guessing...
As I said @bimblebrains_1 its all on an individual basis, I’ve grown and smoked , and seen growing gardens where n three weeks I could definitely tell if it was gonna b loud or not, and and my experience with cheese never started off sweet but funky nostril stinging loudness,like Sour diesel. Some plants perspire quicker than others, and I’m not arguing your theory but am damn sure not gonna question my experience or interpretation over this one plant. I’ve grown too many gassy plants for that .
And don’t get me mixed up with being argumentative I just wouldn’t let anyone tell me something I know and witnessed is not a fact✌️

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Any opinions on GHS cheese or BB cheese or GHS exodus is kinda moot.

We all know that GHS cheese didnt use the proper cheese cut so that whole thing kinda doesnt even matter. Maybe the rank smell came from the male they used at first.

My opinion of cheese comes from my experience with a pack of cheese bx'2 made by Keanu Reeves. I only got 1 female, so I made 3 versions of f2's and tested them all. I ended up with a female I called "cream cheese", but none of that project made it to market.

During the research for that breeding project I found information about the Exodus Clone on br33db@y. It turned out that Keanu was the guy that picked up Subcool from the airport when he visited the UK. Dudes been growing cheese since at least 2000 way before there were BB or GHS seed offerings. Before HGF, before the cup when there was only 1 cheese.

So far the bimble is the right original exodus one, but its still way too early to draw any conclusions.