What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Environmental simulai in relation to gene transcription is one of my favourite higher level subjects,,genetic pathways are something I wouldn't normally mention unless I'm talking to the right person,

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I mean,,for example,,,low nitrates are indicative of higher brix content and low brix is indicative of high nitrate and high pk,, if the colonial was truly homozygous wouldn't we see no variation whatsoever

goingrey

No,,it's not something people other than me think about really,,,this is my personal theory,,,I was the first to suggest it, ,,

I also expect the dominant alleles to rule irrespective of the environment,,,but look at what it's doing,,,your thoughts.?

I know red will expand cells and blue keeps them tight,,,but geez,,I'm not expecting single point mutation, ,,I'm not sure I'd give it the title of true epigenetic drift

The s1 progeny segregate,,for something that is supposed to be a sk1 ibl it fukin has a weird time in the transcription process,,,it puts out homogeneous crops quite well but in veg its morphology is relative to target environment,,,my assumption was heterozygous alleles on brightsides particular cut,,your thoughts??,, possible autosomal modulator ?, co dominant alleles?
Well I think there might be something to your theory. Purple color, possibly an expression of a recessive allele can be brought out with cold temps in some varieties, for example. But the theory is quite difficult to prove conclusively one way or the other. Especially with many traits being polygenic, things get complex quick.

As for the S1 segregating, that would indeed suggest a lot of heterozygosity. And the most likely reason would be that it is from a cross or early generation hybrid, not an IBL... Skunk #1 x Afghan maybe?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's definitely because of the polygeneric nature imho,,,I'd also say its kinda heterozygous due to the segregation issue,,Brightsides is supposed to be pure sk1,,sooo,,I dunno,,,it's annoying,,seems like a pathway deal to me,,things switch on an things switch off depending on all the ratio's,,but with fully homoozygous alleles it just couldn't do it anyways,,??

Yeh difficult to prove ,,that's why I don't talk about it much and defer to my street mode and just refer to it as morphology witch everyone seems to agree with,,

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I think there might be something to your theory. Purple color, possibly an expression of a recessive allele can be brought out with cold temps in some varieties, for example. But the theory is quite difficult to prove conclusively one way or the other. Especially with many traits being polygenic, things get complex quick.

As for the S1 segregating, that would indeed suggest a lot of heterozygosity. And the most likely reason would be that it is from a cross or early generation hybrid, not an IBL... Skunk #1 x Afghan maybe?
Low pH brings out the purple too,,,low rez temps, it's a great example ,,environmental triggers turn on and off pathways,,but I was under the impression that without heterozygous alleles and some polygeneric traits it couldn't display such plasticity

You can fuk with the ga3 pathway if you take a morning dump,,

People will think I'm joking about the above comment but it's true

4kali

I'm with you on all this after seeing it with my own eyes
I don't know or am not familiar with the correct terminology but it's also something that I have been going on about for quite some time. many people disagree with .y beliefs but hey ho. many people don't tend to grow the same the same var for many many years and really study what's in front of them.
I myself have tried to take up the subject on many occasions but its just something people can not comprehend
not everything is written in a book and is gospel, much more yet to be Learned with this wonderful plant
any thoughts after your observations thus for over the years that maybe colochine was used in these early skunk vars thus causing gene mutation or doubling expression
just another thought why I've come to various conclusions about certain things.im a bit busy at present and certain convos need the time and thought to discuss......
one thing I do know with certainty is that we never stop learning about this miraculous plant its always had little old 4k fascinated.
here to learn as always!!!! and will definetley like to talk further at some time

4kali

oh and Rick
I'm a street man thru and thru
we all piss in the same pot.
no man better than the next.
respect everyone equally we ain't all on the same path. it's obvious when you love the plant as some do that it can take you to places of thought that others have not entered yet
doesn't make us any better than the next man.
4ks off to do his nightshift now
adios amigo

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When we play the weed game like chess, we soon realise that the only way to improve is by playing a better apponant,, recognition of a better apponant is part of the progression,,that Is IF you are lucky to find one,,,Goinggray is someo i recognise as better than me and someone i want to play with,,,I'm crazy grateful he even posted once,,thank god for people like him who put the effort and truly deserve the elevation

When I pull out the big words I get 2 different reactions,,one is a pisstake, the other is recognition,,depending on what level you are on dictates the reaction,,,i have consciously choose to put my game on show, some react positively like you have done now, Some don't and then I would just refuse to play,,either way , what i write here now is my gift and levels should be respected ,,someone will read this and up there game

Your welcome

Last edited:

4kali

4k likes your last post.
never judge a book by the cover I think is the term that I like.
as always here to learn
atb 4k

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
you guys chat shit....

my exodus mom tastes exactly the same as she did when 1st encountered as is the same with my sheff blues .

exodus isnt sweet or berry in taste she is more floral lavender chemical earthy dank ..

sheff blues is sweet .. you will get strawberry/aniseed / forbidden fruit / berry etc etc ...
sheffs terps are extremely complex when grown to her full potenial but the you can easily seperate them on taste...

chiesesganja

14413oorew.JPG

attachment.php

It's almost impossible to identify plants from pics for sure, but there are some similar traits there. Very hard to track down the real deal after all the big buddha seeds came out, plus GH exodus cheese etc

Take your clone to 70 days, try and stop feeding it at least three weeks before chop, just give it plain water so it fades out. If you get mouth coating flavour, serious funk and not much sweetness, you may be on to something!

Peace
There are no about sweet !!!yes!!

goingrey

When we play the weed game like chess, we soon realise that the only way to improve is by playing a better apponant,, recognition of a better apponant is part of the progression,,that Is IF you are lucky to find one,,,Goinggray is someo i recognise as better than me and someone i want to play with,,,I'm crazy grateful he even posted once,,thank god for people like him who put the effort and truly deserve the elevation

When I pull out the big words I get 2 different reactions,,one is a pisstake, the other is recognition,,depending on what level you are on dictates the reaction,,,i have consciously choose to put my game on show, some react positively like you have done now, Some don't and then I would just refuse to play,,either way , what i write here now is my gift and levels should be respected ,,someone will read this and up there game

Your welcome
Well thanks for the compliment (and your many contributions!) but I'm just a guy who likes to read ICMag a lot hehe. Playing catch rather than chess really, just chatting about a common interest. Some people don't like it yeah. Oh well, c'est la vie... At the end of the day this is a discussion forum.

bimblebrains_1

you guys chat shit....

my exodus mom tastes exactly the same as she did when 1st encountered as is the same with my sheff blues .

exodus isnt sweet or berry in taste she is more floral lavender chemical earthy dank ..

sheff blues is sweet .. you will get strawberry/aniseed / forbidden fruit / berry etc etc ...
sheffs terps are extremely complex when grown to her full potenial but the you can easily seperate them on taste...
They havent changed for you because they have been in your garden the whole time skotty and that 'cheese' you hold is a different plant to the one we are all looking for...we've been thru this many times mate come on,i'm sure its great,the sheff blues too and i would love to try them but its a more than likely a hybrid or some other similar pheno from that early sk1 stock

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you guys chat shit....

I always thought you had the same cut as jah,,,it's one of the best of em

I'm guessing your saying I'm chatting shit,,,

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well thanks for the compliment (and your many contributions!) but I'm just a guy who likes to read ICMag a lot hehe. Playing catch rather than chess really, just chatting about a common interest. Some people don't like it yeah. Oh well, c'est la vie... At the end of the day this is a discussion forum.

In the past I actually deliberately said inaccurate statements just to see who the real players are,,,Only some people could correct me,,Only the real players,,,you are a real player no doubt,,,you can be as humble as you like , but there is no hiding it,,you have done the work and deserve elevation

If there wasn't levels to this game we wouldn't have competitions,,as it stand you are winning in my book

Have I said anything inaccurate?,,I'm talking about the science :) , I'm just trying to figure out why scotty thinks I'm chatting shit , have you caught anything off?,,I didn't deliberately say anything inaccurate this time,

I wish you would articulate a lil more scotty,,telling me I'm chatting shit just sounds like you can't elevate from street mode

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yo skotty,,just take all the cheese cuts in then your the fukin cheese master, ,your welcome to it bro, what's the point in this argument?

Crazy Chester

They look pretty similar, don't they
BrokenEnglish said:

End of week 3 for the UK cheese brought to the states by qeuijo View attachment 18815392

End of week 3 wizards cut below. Grown bt the same dude in the same room under 1000kw de

View attachment 18815394

It's tough to tell from the pic, but I don't see the angle that the stem takes at the last three nodes from the top in the pic of the qeuijo cut, but there's a good view of that angle in the pic of the wizard cut. Maybe that's the way to tell them apart?

Last edited:

HazyDaze420

I' recieved a clone many years ago that came with the tag exodus cheese
Hi bud, there's a clone in here doing the rounds right this minute in this thread that came from liverpool about a decade ago too, your cut came from liverpool at about a similar time didn't it?

Can't remember which cut now?
but someome mentioned liverpool in here not long ago, wonder if it's the same cut?

:ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts