What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tyrone's Arboretum and Cannabinoid Oasis

TyroneShoelace

Just to follow up on that last post, specifically regarding the "only good thing about the AC/DC x Flo"... well after thorough group testing it has proved to be a favorite of individuals other than myself. This leads me to believe that I need to be more open minded when evaluating a cultivar. Testing has revealed that it has a very pleasant taste and superior potency while remaining functional for daytime use. That's great news!

Now I have some updates on the CBD front. Lots of new cultivars to introduce, but here's the group shot. Just getting them established enough to take clones and then they'll all be flowered together.

Top-Left - Mr. Nice Seeds - Gandhi Fem

Top-right - North Fork Ag Sour Blueberry Kush bagseed

Center: Secret Nature CBD Secret OG bagseed- This one turned out amazing last round! Best hemp flower I've ever smoked. Aroma and flavor are super tart and punchy. She's way better than her mom.

Bottom-Left - Taproot Seeds Orange Glaze #3

Bottom-Right - Taproot Seeds Orange Glaze #4

FullSizeRender.jpg

TyroneShoelace

Mr. Nice Seeds - Gandhi

From Shanti:

"Once again the CBD crew headed by Shantibaba has applied their wonderful science to developing and testing new naturally selected strains, as proved by many years of successful research. In 2015 the CBD crew was the first seed company in the world to bring out CBD Therapy, the only CBD enriched strain of its time. Undergoing several years of selection in large numbers and based solely on the progeny seed of many combinations of parent plants, the crew were very excited to be able to isolate and reproduce in large quantities this season’s feminized hemp seed. Saving all the cloning work, it is now far easier and more practical for the farmer to make a feminized hemp seed crop.

A feminized version of a breed seed to exact specifications, it will contain between 8% to 12% levels of CBD, and THC will be marginal at >0.2%. With a fruity aroma and a strong dense series of flowering clusters, it is a wonderful sight to observe in a flowering field. It will be mainly interesting to those wishing to achieve extractions of a terpene/cannabinoid nature.

CBD concentration on the plants will range mainly between 8% and 13%, and in all our indoor tests, this seed did not see any THC values reach higher than 0.2%. So, this will be a good option for late crops for outdoor farms without cloning.

Germination and pre growth can be undertaken in the same tray and put directly to ground, so your work will be well worth it when it comes to this new seed strain. We expect that 80 % of the seeds will return densely packed flowers similar to Indica type strains and 20% will be similar to the Sativa side of the family tree.

Expect this strain to be ready to cut after 7 weeks of flowering and to reach 1.5meters if pre grown for only a week – all we can add to that is: happy farming!!!!"

Snapseed.jpg

TyroneShoelace

North Fork Ag - Sour Blueberry Kush

"A challenge to grow, a beauty to finish. Sour Blueberry Kush is chunky, sticky, oily, and terp heavy. A Chem Dog front end with a fruity finish create a fermented blueberry experience, with a hint of canned mandarin, making her high yielding superstar."
  • 12-20% CBD
  • HIGH YIELD
  • HEAVY TERPENES
SBBK.jpg

TyroneShoelace

Secret Nature CBD - Secret OG

"A powerhouse strain with the classic look and smell of OG cannabis varieties, Secret OG is a staff favorite known for its strong indica leaning effects, bringing on relaxation and sleepiness. Its buds are silver and green with streaks of purple throughout, and it has underlying flavor notes of gassy lemons and earth."
  • Indica - Relaxing
  • 17% CBD (CBD+CBDA)
Snapseed 5.jpg

TyroneShoelace

Taproot Seed Company - Orange Glaze

"This mouth watering variety is exactly what you would picture, smelling of sugary sweet citrus this cultivar boasts bright orange pistils and terpene rich trichomes. The terpenes are loud on the Orange Glaze, packing generous amounts of Mycrene, Caryophyllene, and Limonene. Structurally the Orange Glaze appears short and broad, displaying large dense flowers towards maturity."

Snapseed 1.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

zaprjaques

Welcome welcome! Glad to see some interest in the diet dank!

Diet dank, haha nice one :biggrin:.

Ive been enjoying even 'pure' CBD cultivars a lot lately.
They have a very subtle effect for me, putting me a bit more at ease and not messing with my workflow.
My mind is wandering around too much when vaping THC dominant stuff, so i tend to get less things done cause i cant focus that sharply, wich is really bad atm.
​​​​​

TyroneShoelace

Diet dank, haha nice one :biggrin:.

Ive been enjoying even 'pure' CBD cultivars a lot lately.
They have a very subtle effect for me, putting me a bit more at ease and not messing with my workflow.
My mind is wandering around too much when vaping THC dominant stuff, so i tend to get less things done cause i cant focus that sharply, wich is really bad atm.
​​​​​

This is exactly what got me to convert. I envy people who can smoke THC all day every day without it negatively impacting their insanely productive, thriving lives. I'm thankful for CBD flower, not just because it doesn't interfere with my life, but because it enhances it and allows me to thrive. And it has made the THC varieties more special as a result. Smoking those is now a much more sacred process and experience because it's rarer, like breaking out a super old single-malt, or a psychadelic.

zaprjaques

This is exactly what got me to convert. I envy people who can smoke THC all day every day without it negatively impacting their insanely productive, thriving lives. I'm thankful for CBD flower, not just because it doesn't interfere with my life, but because it enhances it and allows me to thrive. And it has made the THC varieties more special as a result. Smoking those is now a much more sacred process and experience because it's rarer, like breaking out a super old single-malt, or a psychadelic.

Took the time and looked through the entire thread. I subscribed.
Seems like we have similar goals.

Still i'm not completely sold on thc dominant cultivars beeing all the same if you know what i mean.

When i used to grow like 10, maybe 15 years ago i tried only hybrids, and found them all pretty similar in effects, or lets say they were never something i'd consume throughout the day. Maybe on a weekend or day off or whatever. Mostly i smoked to unwind at the end of the day.

Once i got a small sample of some Haze type herb from a friend of a friend who had grown it himself. It was almost black, very airy, but the taste and the effects were like nothing i had ever experienced.
I was clearminded and focused, like i had unlocked some inner energy. I must add that it was at a small dosage that these effects showed.

Thats what i'm really looking for, blending my own ratios of hybrids and cbd cultivars is coming close but not close enough for me.

​​​Now with all the Sativa Landrace Hype i thought like, screw it, i'll try and make my own stuff. Like from scratch. So i tried to grow some Lebanese from ACE. Ended up with two females but very different chemotypes. One was more up and probably high CBD and the other showed more tiring hybrid effects. Like having day and evening herb.
Still not zingy and clear enough so now i'm crossing Lebanese with Manipuri from Real Seed Company in hope of getting a high CBD tropical 'Sativa'.

Anyways, sorry for hijacking your thread, maybe i should have sent a PM :shucks:.

TyroneShoelace

Absolutely agreed, there's much more to this species than any one chemical. The entourage effect is very real and is exactly why I love this plant so much.

I had a similar experience. So much of the herb I consumed in my youth was generic hybrid commercial garbage that had nothing to offer besides debilitation and anxiety. I learned very quickly that careful dosage was key to preserving my mental health. But every now and then someone would come through with a real heady treat and remind me there's more to be discovered.

Some indicas had zero psychological effect, but had a body feel like I was covered in a warm blanket. No laziness, munchies, couchlock, red eyes, or sleepiness. And yes, sativas that were like a strong cup of coffee, but with added creativity and motivation. No raciness or paranoia. Of course overindulging can change the effect for many cultivars, but there were an even rarer few that were pure bliss all the way up.

I wonder if some of the energy you describe may be, at least partially, related to specific combinations of terpenes and flavinoids. What was the aroma and flavor like on that herb? Have you tried any African landraces? I feel like you might find a potential breeding candidate somewhere between Durban and Nigeria.

zaprjaques

First of all, thanks for the reply!
Very friendly of you.

​Dosage is so crucial for me too.
I had the same experience with a so called indica, Sugar Black Rose from Delicious Seeds.
I smoked a little bit even early into the day and i felt comforted and enhanced.

The dark herb i got back then had a bit of catpiss smell to it, a bit of sweetness and spicyness maybe little minty too. Thats kinda what i can remember cause its been a long time.

Only thing i can say for sure is that i had not encountered anything similar before.

I'm indeed very interested in and curious about african herb.
Mandalas Orisha always sounded so appealing but i cant seem to find it anymore.
Also ACEs Congo sounds intriguing.
I always wanted to try Durban and the like but i dont know where to find the real deal.
Also its hard to judge from other peoples experiences for me.
It seems like most of the stuff i'm reading about nowerdays doesnt apply with my neural chemistry or something, sadly.
​​​​​​Most people have really high tolerances it seems :D

Last edited:

TyroneShoelace

That's tough. IME It's hard to tell how much of the aromas and flavors are from the plant vs. the cure on those old sativas. That catpiss/ammonia can come along with herb that was sealed up while wet, yet some regional curing methods (the Malawi Cob comes to mind) involve fermentation which can bring out some ammonia flavors as well. And some herb naturally has a strong pissy aroma. But I trust that if you keep following your heart, head, and nose you will find what you're looking for eventually. I think you're absolutely on the right path so far.

The Durban. Dutch Passion has one that has been heavily worked. No idea if it's pure inbred, or outcrossed and then bx'd, but the description sounds legit. I can't vouch for it, though. It's been in their catalog for a long time, though. I can't imagine they'd still offer it these days if it was bunk. But is it what you're looking for? I don't know.

My closest experience is the WOS Kwazulu I grew earlier in this thread. Kwazulu-natal is a tiny province in Durban and the WOS line not far removed from the landrace. My experience mirrors the description that DP has on their site. WOS says it has a sweet fruit taste and aroma, but I got powerful black licorice, a hint of mint, and some other worldly spices. It was relatively fast flowering for a pure sativa, and the smoke was pretty speedy, potent, and bright. It wasn't really my vibe and I gifted the harvest away, but it was an interesting cultivar. I can't speak too authoritatively on the effect, though. Just the growth.

(Edit: Now that I think about it, I made some Kwazulu x Flo seeds. That sounds like a cross which might be right up your alley. hmm... )

And I hear you 10000% with the unique body chemistry. I have a few testers in my circle who have completely opposite experiences as I do with many cultivars. It's almost laughable. I don't even bother describing my experience anymore before sharing. The mild daytime herb I share turns out to be devastatingly potent and sedative, while the sledgehammer to my existence is nothing to write home about for them. But I love it because when we all agree on a cultivar, it usually proves to be a winner. And yeah, my tolerance is about that of an underweight toddler when THC is involved. Makes it really easy to conserve the stash, though.

That Sugar Black Rose sounds amazing! I'm really surprised given the raw potency of the Black Domina mom. I have Copa Genetics Icy Grape F2 which is the Black Domina mom crossed with a Purple Skittles dad and it might be moving up in my roster. The effects sound very similar. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

TyroneShoelace

Quick update on the new CBD childrens..

My laziness got the better of me. I thoroughly cleaned everything from my last run, but I didn't clean the air tubing, or air stones. Big mistake. I checked the roots and they looked naaaaasty. Luckily I caught it early. Everyone still looks healthy, though the SBBK seems to have been thrown off a bit.

I did take another shortcut to fix this. I thoroughly cleaned the airstones and wiped down the tubing with h202, but I didn't change the res. I washed all the gunk off the roots and added 10ml of UC roots to the res. Today things are looking good. I am seeing new white roots forming, so I hope things are on the mend. If I see any sign of regression i'm going to do a full res change and bleach bath for everything. But for now my laziness prevails. Kicking the can down the road. Maybe things will be ok. Maybe I'll learn a lesson :)

TyroneShoelace

Well they all pulled through and I am happily benefitting from cool root temps and sufficient amounts of UC roots. These CBD plants are some thick indicas. They got so big, so quickly, that I had to cut them back before I had room in the cloner available. So had to trash a bunch of great cloning stock. Also lost the variegated Orange Glaze. I went out of town and apparently didn't have the airstone in the right spot to keep it moist enough to get the roots to drop into the res.

Aside from that all is well. Not much to report with the CBD babies yet. But here's a teaser of the Sour Blueberry Kush. She's got some funk in her trunk.
Hollow.jpg

I'll be starting another run with the Secret OG soon. Just getting her trained up. The last run turned out very nice. It has a fermented berry citrusy tart lemonade aroma with a bit of kush at the end. Flavor is citrusy kush. The effect is all Type III clear headed anti anxiety mellowness. I'm looking out for a fruity male to pair up with this plant.
Secret OG Round 2.jpg

TyroneShoelace

Getting situated before the flip. I can already tell this 7gal tote isn't going to cut it this round. I want to to see if I can shoehorn in something in the 15-20 gal range. That will free this one up to replace the 3gal in the veg room.

Back-left is the Secret OG CBD flower, the palm tree in the middle is an AC/DC x Flo mom getting flowered out, and the front-right is Blueberry F5.

SOG-FB-BBF5 (2).jpg

SOG-FB-BBF5.jpg

TyroneShoelace

Thanks, Jaques! I'm happy they're all playing nice in the same res.

The new CBD plants all got cuts taken. Hoping we get some fast rooters in the bunch. I am really struggling with this Blueberry, though. It's got such woody stems and I'm getting nothing out of them. I took cuts a month ago and they're all still perfectly happy, healthy, green, and perky.... but not even a root bump on any of them. I am not using any hormones, so that's the next step. Meanwhile every Sour D cut in the tray sprouted roots in 7 days. Sigh. Weird things...

TyroneShoelace

8 days of flowering and they exploded. I had to do some pruning to manage height and canopy density.

Bottom-Left is the Blueberry
Top-left and bottom-right is the Flosaberry (ACDCxFlo).
Top-right is Secret OG hemp
BB FB SOG 8F.jpg

Attachments

• BB FB SOG 8F.jpg
    BB FB SOG 8F.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Latest posts