What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tyrone's Arboretum and Cannabinoid Oasis

TyroneShoelace

It's like smelling a candied berry syrup through a musty gym sock. Delicious! The nugs are incredibly dense.

I can't say too much about the effect as I've only tried it once. But reports from the more intrepid testers mention that the effect is quite strong, but always maintains a pleasant glow.

20230128_165515a.jpg

20230128_165604.jpg

TyroneShoelace

Quick peek inside the mothership, where no expense has been spared. The plants are currently basking in luxurious photons generated by 2 x 20W LED strips ziptied to a cookie cooling rack.

Left: LOLAB/ACDCxMountain Mango #1
Middle: Cali Kush #5
Right: LOLAB/ACDCxMountain Mango #2

The structure on the Cali Kush is tight as usual. LOLAB crosses are looking pretty weedy. #1 stem rub is earthy ACDC. #2 smells pretty dank. Time to take a few clones.

Cali Kush Lolab ACDC MM 2-17a.jpg

Last edited:

TyroneShoelace

Haha, nice one tyrone!
Whats up with lolab, what did i miss??
Hey Buddy! How've you been?

@Breadwizard is one of the reasons I've fallen for the LOLAB. It's a true landrace from Kashmir that stays small, matures quickly, has a lemony scent, and mild potency. You may enjoy his original thread. He's done an awesome job documenting some OPs, general selections, and some F1 outcrosses that all look interesting.

I grabbed a pack of LOLAB from Irrazin for a rainy day when I am ready to dedicate a bed to this variety. But for now I figured it would be interesting to explore a hybrid before diving in.

zaprjaques

Pretty damn noice!!
All good in the hood, everythings ok, haven't had the opportunity to grow anything ever since but i enjoy coming here nonetheless :)
Gave 10 seeds of my Manipuri x Lebanese F1 to a friend whos about to get started soon though.

How you been?

Breadwizard

@Breadwizard is one of the reasons I've fallen for the LOLAB. It's a true landrace from Kashmir that stays small, matures quickly, has a lemony scent, and mild potency. You may enjoy his original thread. He's done an awesome job documenting some OPs, general selections, and some F1 outcrosses that all look interesting.
I really should update that thread, there's been a whole season since, with more selection

TyroneShoelace

Pretty damn noice!!
All good in the hood, everythings ok, haven't had the opportunity to grow anything ever since but i enjoy coming here nonetheless :)
Gave 10 seeds of my Manipuri x Lebanese F1 to a friend whos about to get started soon though.

How you been?
Does your friend have an account here? Tell them to keep the dream alive here!

I really should update that thread, there's been a whole season since, with more selection
Hey BW! I am sure it would be helpful for some folks here. Even if someone doesn't care about the genetics, it's eye-opening to see the methods you have been executing on. I would want to have a bed of LOLAB for the same reason I'd want to have an ant farm or a fish tank

Great job @Breadwizard ! I love myself some mild herb, they look really nice and unique! I'll see if i can score some just for collectings sake.

looking forward to see how it goes for you @TyroneShoelace ! good luck and have fun!
Thanks Jaques! I will do my best to keep them alive. I hope I see you growing a bed of LOLAB someday soon!

Breadwizard

The bonsai hemp field was certainly fun, even if it got a touch overgrown, I'm hoping further sifting and selection in subsequent years will even further shape them to these ends. I wasn't planning on reseeding the field this year, just seeing what comes up. If nothing does in the next month (I bet some will, so many seeds were dropped, and spring has sprung here, all the magnolias and stone fruit trees are flowering), then I'll probably toss some seeds in. Right now there's a cover crop of lettuce and cilantro in the spot after being reammeded with compost and some mulch.

TyroneShoelace

The bonsai hemp field was certainly fun, even if it got a touch overgrown, I'm hoping further sifting and selection in subsequent years will even further shape them to these ends. I wasn't planning on reseeding the field this year, just seeing what comes up. If nothing does in the next month (I bet some will, so many seeds were dropped, and spring has sprung here, all the magnolias and stone fruit trees are flowering), then I'll probably toss some seeds in. Right now there's a cover crop of lettuce and cilantro in the spot after being reammeded with compost and some mulch.
It's great to hear that you plan to continue the project! Do you have a vision of what an improved LOLAB would look like, or are you playing it by ear nose/lung?

TyroneShoelace

Cali Kush #5 Jr's roots just hooked in and she's now picking up steam under the watchful eye of Cali Kush #5 Sr. If all goes according to plan, Jr will grow naturally while Sr is being heavily trained.

CK5 Jr.jpg

Breadwizard

It's great to hear that you plan to continue the project! Do you have a vision of what an improved LOLAB would look like, or are you playing it by ear nose/lung?
I'm thinking of gently guiding it to usefulness, keeping the line pretty diverse in general. I think a fully dwarfed line with a good mini Christmas tree structure is ideal, possibly to use as one half of a root stock variety (these should definitely be true F1s for the added hybrid vigor)

TyroneShoelace

I'm thinking of gently guiding it to usefulness, keeping the line pretty diverse in general. I think a fully dwarfed line with a good mini Christmas tree structure is ideal, possibly to use as one half of a root stock variety (these should definitely be true F1s for the added hybrid vigor)
That sounds great! I will definitely be following along if you share it!

Latest posts

Latest posts