What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

types of cantainers for curing?

deadlung

Ill be honest I notice zero difference. The only thing is for long term storage they may dry out more than in glass... for the actual curing part they are jsut the same as glass imho taste etc just as good as glass.

They do get pretty stinky tho absorbing the smells lol

huh... thx for the tip... might have to change a few things at the co-op.

my 1/2 lb jars are my fav. still... but for large weight the tote is much better :tiphat:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
funny that I find this thread *after* purchasing a couple of buckets and gamma lids this weekend.... I don't detect much of an odor yet in the buckets i bought

shredGnar

Ill be honest I notice zero difference. The only thing is for long term storage they may dry out more than in glass... for the actual curing part they are jsut the same as glass imho taste etc just as good as glass.

They do get pretty stinky tho absorbing the smells lol

I agree. I too went to ace and spent a bunch of money on glass because I thought it was necessary.

After harvests increased I decided it was unpractical to have all these glass jars floating about. Not to mention I broke a few by knocking them over.

I just use 5 gal pails with the gamma lids silicone caulked to the bucket. For smaller amounts, like a single plant during a pheno hunt, I use a turkey bag.

I chop everything in one day. Rip off fan leaves, hang to dry.

When the plants are dry I cut them into individual branches and lay them into contractor bags and tie them tight. Burp before trimming for a few days, then the trim fest begins.

After manicured into 5 gals for storage. I don't even bother burping. They smoke and smell great right after the trim. You could leave a bit extra moisture and burp if you desired, I'm sure.

Fwiw I stole this tech from jackmayoffer

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree. I too went to ace and spent a bunch of money on glass because I thought it was necessary.

After harvests increased I decided it was unpractical to have all these glass jars floating about. Not to mention I broke a few by knocking them over.

I just use 5 gal pails with the gamma lids silicone caulked to the bucket. For smaller amounts, like a single plant during a pheno hunt, I use a turkey bag.

I chop everything in one day. Rip off fan leaves, hang to dry.

When the plants are dry I cut them into individual branches and lay them into contractor bags and tie them tight. Burp before trimming for a few days, then the trim fest begins.

After manicured into 5 gals for storage. I don't even bother burping. They smoke and smell great right after the trim. You could leave a bit extra moisture and burp if you desired, I'm sure.

Fwiw I stole this tech from jackmayoffer

hey Shred - you found it necessary to silicone your lids shut? On the gamma lids I bought they have a rubber o-ring on the lid that snaps on the bucket and I had to apply a good amount of force to seat the lid with the o-ring. I don't think my lids can leak much if any at all.

shredGnar

hey Shred - you found it necessary to silicone your lids shut? On the gamma lids I bought they have a rubber o-ring on the lid that snaps on the bucket and I had to apply a good amount of force to seat the lid with the o-ring. I don't think my lids can leak much if any at all.

Idk to be honest. .. I read someone else mention it before I purchased them and just did it. Never used them without the silicone.

Should be good either way though. ..

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
now you guys got me thinking of silicone sealing this 30 gallon tote and cutting a whole on to top to seal on a screw on a lid hehehehe

Three Berries

Just for the record. AC and Dehumidifiers are the same thing with a couple differences. They both use the air blowing over a cold evaporator to transfer the heat in the air to the refrigerant.

AC dumps the heat outside along with the water.

Dehumidifier dumps the heat into the room and the water either goes to a drain or you empty the bucket. When you feel cold coming out of a dehumidifier it is the ice melting off the evaporator. The compressor is off at this point. Soon as the evaporator heats up above freezing again the compressor comes back on.