What's new

Tyga's 2012 Outdoor

talktosamson

Veteran
I would rather contend with some measly slugs than snakes and scorpions any day! Haha.... Being born and raise in the north east the thought of snakes and scorpions make me cringe! One year i tried using copper rings and it didnt stop them for some reason? I will deff give it another shot this year because the amount of slugs in this area is overwelming.

Yea man I hate the snakes and shit, there was an easy 2-3 foot long bull snake right in the middle of the patch last year, freaks us all the hell out.

I have also found a few obnoxious slugs have crossed the ring occasionally in the past. However, when I did a ring and then physically wrapped some copper 6-8 inches around the stalk from where it enters the dirt ad up to the fist set of branches, they could never pass that. They can take it for a second if they are very hungry but constant contact over their whole undersides will cause them to fall off in my experience.

Tyga

Veteran
Everything's all set and ready to go! Going out to transplant them tonight.... Will come back with a few pics :tip hat:

Tyga

Veteran
VERY long night.... But all is set up and good to go! I will have to go out and fill up the reservoirs again sunday night because it seems one was leaking a little bit because of a broken thru-hull connector which was replaced. Let's just say the ride with these girls in the backseat was twisting my stomach up for sure! Feels good to be back home... All went well, A few of the plants decided to "Super crop" themselves haha, which is expected. I'm sure they will recover just fine... Hope these blumats work out well. Heres a few pics for you guys... Gave them all a good spray with some Bioneem and some Magic Green, also applied some more Ortho slug repellant around the pots... still need to pick up some copper rings. :biggrin:
t9tfr6.jpg
2u5ruhd.jpg

118mxz5.jpg

2mebi46.jpg

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
Word that spot looks so mint! That area is def gonna be on a whole different level of pure dank. I would love to see that hammerhead mother outdoors she would fill that area :tiphat: just saying hahaha

Tyga

Veteran
Yeah she would be boss OD! I got high hopes for the hammerhead's that are out there now. Bushy as a mofo! They probably won't even need all that much training from the looks of it.
Weather is looking good, today they will get a nice rain and the. The next five days looks to be sunny. I'm sure they will enjoy that.. Most likely will start tying them down ad super cropping next week.

Tyga

Veteran
So it's been 10 days since they have gone out! Super-cropped them about 4 days ago and all is looking well. They are doing fine after this little heat wave NE has been going threw. First 2 pic's are Chem4XOTM and the last 2 are Hammerhead, Love how much she blends in. Both going to be monsters... will catch some pics of the rest next time i'm out. :tiphat:
i3f5lu.jpg

2431b1c.jpg

2lsjmdu.jpg

ztx661.jpg

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
That Hammerhead is gonna be beasting! The CHEM4xOTM looks like.she's gonna be a monster too! Looking good man for sure!

Tyga

Veteran
That Hammerhead is gonna be beasting! The CHEM4xOTM looks like.she's gonna be a monster too! Looking good man for sure!

Thanks man! Ill make sure to snap a pic of the Z**xC99 next time I head out. She took a little hit from slugs so she wasn't so photogenic tonight :laughing:

Tyga

Veteran
Fuck ya' bro! Your plan is coming togethor very nicely! Props for makin' shit happen!

Thanks man! OD is kind of hard to commit too at first.... the thought of lugging all the supplies and whatnot is very unappealing haha. Unless your legal and growing in your backyard it def. takes some commitment. Every season I skipped on an outdoor grow and would be out in the sun I would almost feel guilty that I didn't have any girls out soaking up the sun also :laughing:

Tyga

Veteran
First time i've been out for about a week in a half... alls doing well. Spent over an hour fucking with the water pump and still never got to fill up the reservoirs. Going to mess with it over the weekend and hopefully be good to go for sunday. Plant's are overall looking great... they were showing some signs of some sort of fungus/disease? But seemed like it hasn't done anymore damage. Gave them a good spray down with some sort of anti-fungus stuff from the hydro shop.
The HammerHead's are growing nice and bushy... C99xZ99, Chem4xOTM1's were starting to stretch... some close to 4ft tall! So I super cropppeddd that hoeeeee :laughing: Here's a few quick shots... need to get a quality digi cam soon.
1iivpt.jpg

2liet0x.jpg

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
Man I can't wait to see that HammerHead in full bloom OD. Got a nice spot man and doin it proper! Sucks about the pump but u will make it happen.

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
I too hope that you have some good weather and that the nasty nasty stays far far away. Cheers.

Are you going to cut the bottom out of those bags? Or are they bottomless to begin with? I only ask because your plants look like they will get big in a hurry.

skullz

Tyga

Veteran
Man I can't wait to see that HammerHead in full bloom OD. Got a nice spot man and doin it proper! Sucks about the pump but u will make it happen.

Yeah man Hammerhead suites the OD well, the short bushy growth is exactly what im looking for in a strain when it comes to guerilla grow. I would love to find a super stealth spot and run a large scale OD but for the mean time this will do. I hear choppers everytime im out, never really too close but it tends to kick the paranoia into high gear.

Tyga

Veteran
I too hope that you have some good weather and that the nasty nasty stays far far away. Cheers.

Are you going to cut the bottom out of those bags? Or are they bottomless to begin with? I only ask because your plants look like they will get big in a hurry.

skullz

The pots look a lot smaller than they are, they are supposivley 20 gal.... But i am a little skeptical on that statement! Would cutting out the bottoms of the pots help the roots grow deeper even though the ground they are on is hard? Or would i have to break up the ground a little bit?

talktosamson

Veteran
The pots look a lot smaller than they are, they are supposivley 20 gal.... But i am a little skeptical on that statement! Would cutting out the bottoms of the pots help the roots grow deeper even though the ground they are on is hard? Or would i have to break up the ground a little bit?

Ive had plants grow through the bottom of the smart pots and into the ground before. This year I agitated the ground underneath the smarties just in case this happens again this year.

Tyga

Veteran
Ive had plants grow through the bottom of the smart pots and into the ground before. This year I agitated the ground underneath the smarties just in case this happens again this year.

Really? Wow... this is my first run with smart pots so i don't really know what to expect. Hoping for the best!