What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump threatens medical cannabis

Status
Not open for further replies.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I agree with some of what you wrote except... How did you "force everyone you knew to smoke weed"? Hanging out at Jr High schools smoking weed will get you busted for certain... and in a very very bad way.

I would call them names and tease them. Relentlessly.lol I was in 7th grade. That last paragraph was ment to be a joke. I promise I won't be hanging out at any junior high schools.

We gotta gottem younger than that! I'm thinkin kindergarten!lol

Edit: Jk brown thumb

just to put out there what has just happened
the potus has publicly committed witness tampering/intimidation
it's all over the news wires at the moment, lots of legal commentaries popping up
this was a crime, and a serious one

exactly what you should expect from an authoritarian strongman.

this just reeks of nixon.

O

Orrie

Yep.

This time though I think it will end with a ruling on the Supremacy Clause. The scope alone of the litigants nowadays... I don’t see the Court’s current makeup overturning the power garnered through the CC, either. And I feel there's a battle coming, ending at SCOTUS' doorstep.

Wickard v. Filburn blew my hair back. So Gonzales v. Raich didn’t come as much of a surprise. The CC represents nearly unfettered power.

Unfettered power is spot on brother.

I can't see this administration/congress needing to use the heavy handed Supremacy Clause when the Commerce Clause has been ruled law of the land and given power over personal cultivation.

Unlike the SC, the CC makes it sound like it is 'for the good of the country' that we all conform to be monitored and taxed on what we grow for ourselves.

Impeachment didn't remove the shitty laws put in place from the Nixon era so I'm not holding my breath for a change for the better anytime soon.

<sigh>

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
just to put out there what has just happened
the potus has publicly committed witness tampering/intimidation
it's all over the news wires at the moment, lots of legal commentaries popping up
this was a crime, and a serious one

Some were saying he was guilty of witness intimidation when he tweeted about sally Yates.

igrowone

Veteran
Some were saying he guilty of witness intimidation when he tweeted about sally Yates.

it's getting to be a habit
and each episode becomes more blatant
i love how this works into the Session statement, these people will tolerate no crimes except their own

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
it's getting to be a habit
and each episode becomes more blatant
i love how this works into the Session statement, these people will tolerate no crimes except their own

It's actually scary, this reality of ours! We're a timeline or two away from complete nonsense! I mean if things go as they have been.... Sessions calling for the strictest penalties be enforced is gonna come back to bite them in the ass!

Possibly within the next 36-48 hrs!lol

I'm laughing but I'm not sure how much is because of nervousness for them or how much is nervousness for us?

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Impeachment didn't remove the shitty laws put in place from the Nixon era so I'm not holding my breath for a change for the better anytime soon.

<sigh>

Was he impeached? I thought he resigned to avoid impeachment. I always thought the reason for avoiding impeachment was to protect the integrity of whatever his legacy had left.

I've heard it said, many years before Trump that for all the wrongs that Nixon was guilty of committing, that he DID have some respect for the office, even if he caused more damage to it than anyone before him. Damage from wich it could never recover. He could have drug it through the weeds for a lot longer if he was any more hardheaded and let it get to impeachment.

I was 2yrs old when Nixon was in office, so I don't know but could he have been more hardheaded than Trump?

I get the feeling Trump would have to be dragged out kicking and screaming.

I could see enough of a difference between Nixon and Trump to warrant looking into whether everyone appointed by and every law or executive order signed by him isn't suspect.

Of course.... Impeachment because of what we know he's guilty of (witness intimidation etc etc) is one thing and impeachment, should anything be found criminal in the ongoing investigations in another.

Was he impeached? I thought he resigned to avoid impeachment. I always thought the reason for avoiding impeachment was to protect the integrity of whatever his legacy had left.

nixon chose to resign because he was going to be impeached for obstruction of justice, abuse of power, and contempt of congress.

on a side note nixon created the EPA

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
nixon chose to resign because he was going to be impeached for obstruction of justice, abuse of power, and contempt of congress.

on a side note nixon created the EPA

Gotta spread some rep TH.

That's what I thought. I didn't know the exact reasons but they seem coincidentally apply able?

I'm telling you, these are strange days.

brown_thumb

I would call them names and tease them. Relentlessly.lol I was in 7th grade. That last paragraph was ment to be a joke. I promise I won't be hanging out at any junior high schools.

We gotta gottem younger than that! I'm thinkin kindergarten!lol

Edit: Jk brown thumb

Sorry... I tend to take things too literally... and am told I have an odd sense of humor. :)

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Sorry... I tend to take things too literally... and am told I have an odd sense of humor. :)

No worries! It's hard with only words on a screen. Believe me, if there was a way for people to see see wtf I look like I'm sure the joke would be easier to get.

They'd be "calling all cars" long before I got a kids attention! Hopefully anyways!lol

I just turned 45 but tell people I'm 72. They never question my age but are always amazed at how "In Shape" I am! (That's a joke but not really!)haha

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Listen everyone
Start worrying about pence and the rest
I've said it before and I will say it again
NO WAY trump makes it four years
It won't be assassination impeachment or defecting to Russia
It will be "resigning for health reasons"
Mark my words and please remember!
This man is already on pace to take the worst ego bashing in the history of politics...or probably anything else
His own people are turning on him as the emotions from election year die down
No way he can take being laughed at by the world...which he is on pace for.
I just can't believe his psyche can take what he is in for
Matter of fact I don't think he could take the criticism that a beloved president takes on a daily basis
This will wear him down and he will quit

igrowone

Veteran
... It will be "resigning for health reasons"

definitely agree with this, all indications we seeing a very angry man
coronary or stroke is my bet - this is not a wish, but the pressure boiler he has created is a severe health risk

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think it will get to the point where he actually suffers a health consequence...it would take a will be does not possess to get to that point. He will just straight up quit and hide behind medical. Which is what I would do if the world came down on me. Obama and Bush were both much stronger humans(I know-half of us think one was the worst ever and the other half thinks the same of the other)
I hope this doesn't sound like I'm just trashing trump...I would if I thought there was something that's been missed on this thread...
I honest to goodness can't think of anyone taking this much shit and not walking away...the only defense of every single thing he says and does is the same as certain tax exempt organizations..."faith"...that he's going to somehow escape the mud he's in. It's just a matter of time before everyone abandons him

brown_thumb

definitely agree with this, all indications we seeing a very angry man
coronary or stroke is my bet - this is not a wish, but the pressure boiler he has created is a severe health risk

Could be... a way to 'save face' in an uncontrollable world by a narcissistic control freak.

EsterEssence

Veteran
Well today j bhoghart sessions wants the harshest sentences that they can pile on for drug offenders to keep them in their private prison complex as long as possible, UNFORTUNATELY for us this includes Cannabis. Locally for me there are cops that want exactly this approach. WTF!!! I am approaching mid 60's guess i will get free health care when they bust me for a plant...They have started their first WAR against US...Lets hope it is russain fake news...

Last edited:

brown_thumb

It makes me wonder... will the Feds rush in to our beloved cannabis forums and take over to access our personal internet information? If so then I have only one thing to say... "FUCK YOU, BIG BROTHER!!"

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I agree with subrob in that we are barely over 100 days and it's FUBAR already! The guy is set to POP for sure.

I actually feel..... a teeny tiny bit..... sad for the guy. Like I did for that son of a bitch Sadam, when they found him in that hole!

The senate republicans are gonna have to choose between Trump and the party eventually. I still have no idea which they will choose.

i also don't doubt hill try some bullshit to get out of it either. The dude can't take responsability for anything. He just did an interview with that judge lady on Fox and he ALMOST blamed himself for the hostility in Washington but just as fast as he started it flipped into Hillary crap! It's amazing!

Speaking of try to get out of some shit...Bill Cosbys trying it too. He's all of the sudden blind. Can't see. I heard he's trying to say that he's legally suppose to be able to face his accusers? Wtf?

Back to Trump-

Everytime he begins a sentence with "I said to myself" you know some fkn bullshits coming out his mouth!

He's way out of his league. In way over his head. And that crackerjack team he assembled has him completely out matched!

It's like when the cops question a suspect and he repeats everything the cop says as if he didn't hear it to buy him a little more time in coming up with the answer!

Cop- whats your name?
Suspect- huh... what's my name? My name is xxxxxx
Cop- where do you live?
Suspect- huh.... where do I live? At my moms house.
Cop- what are you doing around here?
Suspect- huh.... what am I doing around here? I'm just....

Too avocado 🥑!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts