What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump threatens medical cannabis

Status
Not open for further replies.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I heard today that comey, Sessions, & deputy Ag Rod R. are going to be called to testify in open hearing early next week. Comey has been quoted as saying that he"hopes there are tapes of their convos".

I'm curious about Sessions though. I understand that the deputy AG got played but what side of that mess was Sessions? Did he get played like his deputy or was he in on the fix? I believe he was in on the fix but I can't imagine him admitting it.

Also... that letter from Trumps lawyers??? That states he has no ties to Russia after reviewing 10 years of returns. I guess it's the same law firm that had that stack of blank papers that he used to prove he had divested from his businesses.

But when a lawyer presents something like that I guess it make the evidence reviewable by the public. Supposedly the IRS may be able to release them to the public. Not sure if it's so but they are reporting on it. Not Fox of course.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I believe it's time to start backing off from antagonizing our pro Trump brothers and sisters here on icmag.(which I have had fun doing myself) The next few weeks could get nasty. Some are going to need longer to digest whTs going on. Don't back off your senators and congressmen and women...but I fight til the end when I believe in something ..even things that were wrong or went wrong..which has happened more than I will admit...and it don't help having your face rubbed in it..
So as long as illshades doesnt pop up w a new identity I should be able to hold back..walk it like I talk it...ha

Hilary Clinton supporters? Here on ic? Hahaha!

Give your mom's a kiss for me, I'm certain she is laying in bed next to you stroking your "ego" But only when you are a good little boy and do exactly what she says!

TRUMP! :tiphat:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hilary Clinton supporters? Here on ic? Hahaha!

Give your mom's a kiss for me, I'm certain she is laying in bed next to you stroking your "ego" But only when you are a good little boy and do exactly what she says!

TRUMP! :tiphat:
I disliked Clinton since she was a darling senator voting w the right...actually before that when she was active in the propaganda known as the drug war
The right was asleep on Clinton for far too long
As the election fades you need to start understanding the different components of the 'left'

I know the choices that we had. Bernie "puppet", Ted "hahaha yeah right, a Mexican running the U.S., Hilary "Feminazi ring leader", Trump "successful businessman, crazy AF" reminds me of myself...

There is obviously only one choice...

Leaving the country...

I'm already halfway there

O

Orrie

Will do

Trump can be impeached, resign or fall over dead of a massive coronary

doesn't matter

the powers that be are not the powers you see

Jhhnn

Veteran
I disliked Clinton since she was a darling senator voting w the right...actually before that when she was active in the propaganda known as the drug war
The right was asleep on Clinton for far too long
As the election fades you need to start understanding the different components of the 'left'

Don't take the bait. Trump fans always try to make it about Hillary, as if Trump was actually a rational alternative. That notion is proving to be utterly foolish & false. The more obvious that becomes the more likely they are to put up more sand bags around their bunker o' denial & to lash out against reason itself.

Trump picked Sessions & the rest of his cabinet knowing rather well who these people are & what they represent, basically the forces of Wealth, greed, corruption & repression. It's quite remarkable that anybody here would defend the man after Sessions showed utter contempt for the entire cannabis community. He'd gleefully break the balls off of all of us were he given the power to do so.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Unfettered power is spot on brother.

I can't see this administration/congress needing to use the heavy handed Supremacy Clause when the Commerce Clause has been ruled law of the land and given power over personal cultivation.

Unlike the SC, the CC makes it sound like it is 'for the good of the country' that we all conform to be monitored and taxed on what we grow for ourselves.

Impeachment didn't remove the shitty laws put in place from the Nixon era so I'm not holding my breath for a change for the better anytime soon.

<sigh>

Good point. Raids (of both rec and med) would produce actual product which would fall under the purview of the CC... but absent product?

If I were top-cop and wanted to crackdown on cannabis, medical included, I would mandate the states hand over their cardholder registries. Why waste time investigating and building a case when there’s lists to be had of federal lawbreakers? I imagine some states will refuse, and there will be lower courts in some states that would uphold such refusals. Absent an actual product to regulate, the CC would fall short of reason to compel. However, cannabis is still illegal federally. Hence my mention of the SC. 

And as top-cop why not start with a potential test case for SCOTUS? A handing over of the registries would require fewer resources and should it fail there’s always the CC to go back to through investigations leading to warranted raids.

Of course all this is highly speculative and really only a musing in my head because none of us know Sessions’ intent at this point. I still hold out hope that medical will be left alone.

And I’m not sure he cares about the optics of it. Ideologues rarely do.

As a side note: not sure if he still is, but a few years ago my state’s AG was pushing for the state to hand over the caregiver registries so that caregivers could be checked for compliance. I’m sure he’d love for the feds to demand it.

O

Orrie

Good point. Raids (of both rec and med) would produce actual product which would fall under the purview of the CC... but absent product?

If I were top-cop and wanted to crackdown on cannabis, medical included, I would mandate the states hand over their cardholder registries. Why waste time investigating and building a case when there’s lists to be had of federal lawbreakers? I imagine some states will refuse, and there will be lower courts in some states that would uphold such refusals. Absent an actual product to regulate, the CC would fall short of reason to compel. However, cannabis is still illegal federally. Hence my mention of the SC. 

And as top-cop why not start with a potential test case for SCOTUS? A handing over of the registries would require fewer resources and should it fail there’s always the CC to go back to through investigations leading to warranted raids.

Of course all this is highly speculative and really only a musing in my head because none of us know Sessions’ intent at this point. I still hold out hope that medical will be left alone.

And I’m not sure he cares about the optics of it. Ideologues rarely do.

As a side note: not sure if he still is, but a few years ago my state’s AG was pushing for the state to hand over the caregiver registries so that caregivers could be checked for compliance. I’m sure he’d love for the feds to demand it.

I totally agree with you. Well written. I'll revise my position to say The CC has been used in the past because it worked. I have no doubt the SC will be used by this administration/Sessions if needed.

There is money to be made in this war on drugs which drives the machine

edit- I too hope medical is left alone, I've been on one or two of those lists for the past ten years.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I totally agree with you. Well written. I'll revise my position to say The CC has been used in the past because it worked. I have no doubt the SC will be used by this administration/Sessions if needed.

There is money to be made in this war on drugs which drives the machine

edit- I too hope medical is left alone, I've been on one or two of those lists for the past ten years.

Agreed. And I get the sense he wants to get gluttonous with his feeding of the machine.

Could be a bumpy road ahead. What are your thoughts specific to medical? Do you view the signing statement as an indication that they’re coming for it as well as rec? It would certainly allow for the machine to run full-throttle if so.

$1000 a p is bullshit bro. I don't care anything about legalizing, that's only going to allow all those large corporations to take over. It's also what's bringing about all the new regulations. I'll flow with the laws as such, but the days of making a living from your backyard are soon to be over in legal states.

But, pot politics isn't the same as world politics. And Trump isn't going anywhere.

O

Orrie

Agreed. And I get the sense he wants to get gluttonous with his feeding of the machine.

Could be a bumpy road ahead. What are your thoughts specific to medical? Do you view the signing statement as an indication that they’re coming for it as well as rec? It would certainly allow for the machine to run full-throttle if so.

My thoughts about what is going to happen with all things cannabis are depressing and would like to warn folks beforehand that these are My darkest fears and hope to hell that I am wrong.

I see the signing statement as another nail in the personal cultivation coffin. Medical, Recreational and EVEN Hemp will be turned over to big pharma/ag in the near future. Sessions has the authority to change the farm bill over the amount of THC in CBD oil to zero which I believe he will at some point citing purity and consistency of the product to be used for medicine in each case.

Prohibition is still the law and Sessions intends on using it to further a larger agenda which I believe is to fill the newly built prisons with as many of us no-good growers as possible and to fatten the pockets of his big business friends.

That very bumpy road has been washed out and a toll bridge is being built in its place.

I hope i am wrong

Last edited:

EsterEssence

Veteran
sessions intent is to enforce the law, he has already stated that congress should legalize it or he will enforce federal law. It comes down to how much money they have...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
posts that are aimed at attacking other members or trying to turn a discussion in to a fight will be deleted. certain people need to learn to discuss an issue without attacking people that might see things differently. argue your point by all means, but don't belittle, insult or provoke other members to make your point.

So as long as illshades doesnt pop up w a new identity I should be able to hold back..walk it like I talk it...ha

hes still here under 357mag and more than likely a few others :p

on a side note i would like to thank the mods for letting these threads go on here.

and another note to thank the majority of people here for having these debates in a good sensible fashion:)

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
For the Trump Administration to go after cannabis growers and users, there has to be a Trump Administration. Former member of British Parliament, Louise Mensch, has been on the cutting edge of reporting on new events regarding The Donald (though some do say, "she's over the edge"). Seems this should be clear enough pretty soon. Now she's reporting that federal law enforcement has had enough, and concrete steps are being taken for a quick decisive transfer of executive power.

"Trump's Presidency Ended May 9th" - Hatch Getting Security Briefings

Exclusive: Several sources familiar with the matter say that Senator Orrin Hatch of Utah is being given security briefings to prepare him for the Presidency.

Sources close to the legal community indicate that matters are proceeding rapidly in the forthcoming proceedings to remove Donald Trump from office, and to indict the co-conspirators around him.

Sources with links to the intelligence community described a sense of both inevitability and urgency over the unraveling of the Trump-Pence administration over their attempts to obstruct justice. “Trump’s presdidency ended May 9th,” said one source, referring to the overtly politicized dismissal of FBI Director James Comey.

Donald Trump and Mike Pence have both violated their oaths of office in plain sight over the unconstitutional dismissal of Director Comey, these sources say, and elements of the Judicial Branch are asserting the separation of powers described in the Constitution. This matter is separate from, and additional to, the substantive charges of collusion with the Russian state, and of money-laundering, sedition, violation of the Logan Act, and other crimes with which both Trump and Pence may be charged. As I exclusively reported earlier this week, Speaker Paul Ryan, normally third in the line of succession, will be excluded as the intelligence community has an intercept in which Ryan openly admits that he knew Sergei Kislyak was washing Russian money into the GOP. This will convict Ryan on RICO charges; as I have also exclusively reported this week, a RICO case exists against the GOP as a body. The raids earlier this week on a data and consulting firm close to Paul Manafort formed part of evidence gathering in this RICO case.

Some of the violations committed this week by Pence and Trump include, but are not limited to, lying that Director Comey told Mr. Trump he was not being investigated; explicitly connecting Trump’s firing of Comey to the investigation of his connections with Russian hacking; using White House spokesmen knowingly to lie to the public, for example, Sarah Sanders Huckabee claiming Comey “committed atrocities”; having the Attorney General, Jeff Sessions, involve himself on a matter on which he was recused; explicitly stating that the White House wishes a new FBI Director to bring the Russia investigation to a conclusion; and witness tampering with threats to Director Comey.

As a result, sources say, steps are being taken by aspects of the Judicial Branch to preserve the constitutional Separation of Powers and these steps include ensuring a smooth transition of power. In order that Senator Hatch, the fourth in line, be ready to assume the duties of the office he will shortly be undertaking, several separate sources with links to the matter, report that the Senator is receiving copies of security briefings he will need upon becoming President.

There will be further reporting on this breaking story later today.
https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/13...ded-may-9th-hatch-getting-security-briefings/

Hooter

I'm afraid that if the Russians are coming and Orin Hatch is President we will be shot for growing bud.&#55357;&#56846;

WelderDan

Veteran
No matter what the law is where you are, it is still a good idea to keep a low profile. Not just to stay off the radar of authorities, but thieves, con men and scumbags.

Even if it was 100% legal where I am now, I'd still act like it was 100% illegal, and follow the same rules I've followed for the last 35-40 years. Don't talk about it, don't show it to people, be careful when buying supplies and stay on top of the smell.

Even legal people have problems. Thieves, nosy neighbors, assholes in general. If someone gets their ass in a crack and they know you grow, they will roll on you to save their own ass.

Fuck these clowns. I don't care what Trumpy and Sessions do. I'm doing business as usual, and as long as I continue to do what I do, I'm not going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts