What's new

Trump thread part 2 (Or anything else we want to talk about that's ridiculous in politics today)

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
We all know he's not going to get perp walked. He’s gonna turn himself in at the Manhattan DA’s office, get processed, get his DAT and then he’ll leave. It’ll be over before anyone knows anything. He needs to make this look like an injustice while making things go as smoothly as possible on the legal end.
Oh I know but it's okay to dream. :biggrin: The most likely scenario I'm hearing based on reporters trying to get information from the Secret Service is that he'll be driven to a below ground location away from any protestors. He'll be ushered in (without handcuffs) to the courthouse, he'll be arraigned, fingerprinted and mugshot, he'll be given bail and at worst, thanks to his efforts to get his supporters to "fight and take back their country" he may have some travel restrictions placed on him and have to surrender his passport. Then he'll be released and either spend the night at TrumpTower or go back to Mar-A-Lardo Oh and at some point he'll throw a cheeseburger with ketchup against a wall somewhere :biggrin:

HempKat

Veteran
I wonder how all those protestors that might show up tomorrow will feel when they find out Trump didn't get arrested?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wonder how all those protestors that might show up tomorrow will feel when they find out Trump didn't get arrested?
What I would find amusing is if Georgia decided they were going to be the first and beat Manhattan to the punch by indicting today. That would surely confuse the hell out of MAGA.

audiohi

Veteran
fvbevnmna3pa1.jpg

HempKat

Veteran
What I would find amusing is if Georgia decided they were going to be the first and beat Manhattan to the punch by indicting today. That would surely confuse the hell out of MAGA.
Yeah and Georgia kind of has an incentve to accelerate things now. According to reports I heard recently, Trump,s legal team has filed some motions to get the courts to rule that the whole investigation and any potential moves to prosecute as being Unconstitutional. I don't see the filings as being successful but f it were up to me I'd move ahead even faster just as a way of saying what I think of the filings.

HempKat

Veteran
First Trump wanted to get his supporters to turn the potential of a "perp walk" into a moment of outrage that might rivial the Jan. 6th attack on the Capital. So he announced when he thought (wrongly) he was going to be arrested. In hopes that he might turn it all into a Media event that would ultmately help him. Unfortunately the arrest didn't happen and hardly anyone showed. That's what happens I guess when you don't really look into things yourself but just trust what people around you say. It's not like it would have been hard because all he would have to do is ask his secret service detail since it would be up to them to get him safely to and from the courthouse where everything would happen and they likely would have explained that there would be no perp walk because he would be surrendering himself and they would make sure nothing like a perp walk would happen. Well he's apparently still listening to people who are telling him that the Manhattan DA is just desperate to humiliate him with a "perp walk" Because now he's saying he wants a "perp walk"so he can turn that into the media event he wants. Oh an oe's alsp asking for his supports participate in a petition of all this which in order to participate you have to donate money for his "defense"

Frankly at this point, anyone still standing by Trump deserve exactly what they're getting.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why is this a surprise? It's very much on brand for him. Now he can be the martyr he claims to be.

I just figured out his angle. He wants to print t-shirts and hats and mugs with his mugshot and/or him in cuffs and sell it to Leftists because his base's donations have been getting smaller and smaller every time he asks for more. He needs to tap into a new market of fresh money.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was reading an opinion piece over on CNN (Look at that. A news origination that differentiates between opinion and fact. Who knew??) and the author was opining on how the rest of the world has zero problems holding their elected officials accountable for their crimes in office. That America is the only democracy that seems to have this problem.

75 other countries have prosecuted former leaders and jailed them for their crimes, including several close allies like Israel, France, and South Korea.

Maybe the question We the People should be asking is, "Why has it taken so long?"

Latest posts

Latest posts