What's new

TRUMP has Covid-19

Cuddles

I think a better question would be, would they have done less harm if they had died a few years into their power ?

and again i think the answer is yes.

I think the point is that they could have NEVER had the chance to do any harm had they not gotten into power in the first place

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
No, is the world better since Hitler, Stalin or Mao died?

The world is like it is, people also. Nothing ever changes until the human race is gone.

oh come on man, the world is about a 100 times better then it was in the days of second world war. quality of life is higher for more people, world wide hunger is less then ever, more people then ever have been lifted out of abject poverty, serfdom and slavery. woman have the vote, civil rights like never in history were enshrined in the laws of most nations.

more people then ever travel abroad, now with technology, the leaps taking place in the third world are even greater.

yes, a lot of shit is also happening, but at least armies are no longer marching around the world murdering and slaughtering.

well off nations all send the poorest nations food aid.

there are for sure many problems and many injustices and war crimes, slavery rape and murder, but all stats show those things are happening less then ever on a world wide scale.

we should not forget how good we have things, because things can be a million times worse at the drop of a hat if shit hits the fan and people decide to burn it all down and start again.

just being able to surf the www alone is an amazing advancement for humanity, it put knowledge about technology and engineering in anyone's hands. all over the third world there are millions of small businesses innovating and making use of that knowledge to prosper, to harness the power of flowing water, solar, wind, water filtration, sustainable agriculture and so on. not even talking about the amazing fact that more people then ever have power and water supplied to their homes and businesses.

then we have all the incredible medical advances. longer life spans, less child birth deaths, better health to higher ages.

this is actually an amazing time to be alive, the potential for a better world is right there and we are on the tracks, all we have to do is not let anyone fuck it all up and put us back to square 1.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
I think we are to small. Like the other thread with the name "things falling apart,.." Humans always think that things falling apart, and the following youth is worth nothing and so on. I am meaning humans take their small perspective to serious. Since beginning of the humans, new in every century, they try to find solutions for always the same questions/solutions. I don´t mean technical solutions. But it´s not easy to say it in english for me, also the weed brownie is coming,....:)

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
....... this is actually an amazing time to be alive, the potential for a better world is right there and we are on the tracks, all we have to do is not let anyone fuck it all up and put us back to square 1.

Alla the above is true gaius yet we're rapidly squandering all those gains due to rampant materialism, ego/narcissism and selfies. :tiphat:

Cuddles

I think we are to small. Like the other thread with the name "things falling apart,.." Humans always think that things falling apart, and the following youth is worth nothing and so on. I am meaning humans take their small perspective to serious. Since beginning of the humans, new in every century, they try to find solutions for always the same questions/solutions. I don´t mean technical solutions. But it´s not easy to say it in english for me, also the weed brownie is coming,....:)

yep, Asterix, Obelix and the rest of the village used to think the world - the sky - was coming down, when in fact it was just a bit of bad weather

And many hundreds of years later there is still no solution to regulating the weather. Not unless you believe certain peeps in charge of Hollywood movies :bump:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
:laughing: ........ it's not in our hands, we were created/evolved to adapt to the changing weather, not the other way around!

OldSSSCGuy

paraphrased from twitter:

wishing Donald Trump a speedy recovery so that he can return to the campaign trail, be crushed in a landslide vote and then arrested for tampering with it, stripped of his wealth, tried for his crimes, and thrown straight the fuck into prison.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes, a lot of shit is also happening, but at least armies are no longer marching around the world murdering and slaughtering.

no, the superpowers just drop bombs or fire missiles from the safety of planes and drones.. and fight their wars by proxy in other poor countries like Afghanistan or Syria.

But yes, the world is a better place in general now... though i worry that nutters like Trump are sending it backwards again !

VG

Cuddles

paraphrased from twitter:

wishing Donald Trump a speedy recovery so that he can return to the campaign trail, be crushed in a landslide vote and then arrested for tampering with it, stripped of his wealth, tried for his crimes, and thrown straight the fuck into prison.

I just remembered something about Trump that I had pretty much forgotten about these past few years.

Back when he was campaigning to be president there was a docu on TV about him, you know, as is common these days about political or wanna be political leaders.

So they were reporting about how he built buildings such as the Trump tower but that he never actually paid the companies, and thus not the people, who did all the hard work for him

so stripping money from him, money he never earned in the frist place, because he only inherited anyway... that´s kind of funny

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I agree. In no way have I suggested such.
That is called projection and is not at all what I was speaking of.

Exactly how is devaluing those with differing opinions remotely lead to solutions?

We were once brethren of the herb here.

Now, name calling and hateful rhetoric for differing opinions is the theme.
This behavior leads only to further division/ diversion from an actual enemy.

When I made that post I didn't realize it was in the SC. My mistake, but the Fuckup is strong in me today. Up t 6 already.

This website is prefectly set-up for divisiveness and an uUS vs THEM dynamic. Armedoldhippy said some stuff and picked up 5 recs as of this typing. He knows who put out those recs, but it is a secret only the two of them share. But armedoldhippy now has 5 confirmed "brothers in hate" with whom he can share recs back and forth between, as well as fortify their hate. This is the SC and that is OK I suppose, but there it is. If the person recieving all that hate knew who was ganging up on them, things might change.

or not. Again, sorry for posting here. Armedoldhippy, with his high education and superior spelling skills has me cold. I were an engineer in a past life, so there is more to hate on.

h.h.

Veteran
When I made that post I didn't realize it was in the SC. My mistake, but the Fuckup is strong in me today. Up t 6 already.

This website is prefectly set-up for divisiveness and an uUS vs THEM dynamic. Armedoldhippy said some stuff and picked up 5 recs as of this typing. He knows who put out those recs, but it is a secret only the two of them share. But armedoldhippy now has 5 confirmed "brothers in hate" with whom he can share recs back and forth between, as well as fortify their hate. This is the SC and that is OK I suppose, but there it is. If the person recieving all that hate knew who was ganging up on them, things might change.

or not. Again, sorry for posting here. Armedoldhippy, with his high education and superior spelling skills has me cold. I were an engineer in a past life, so there is more to hate on.
I gave you a like. Now we’re coconspirators. Keep it a secret.

I remember when reps were for growing good weed. They’re not worth much anymore.

St. Phatty

yes, a lot of shit is also happening, but at least armies are no longer marching around the world murdering and slaughtering. .

now the US sends their military into 80 countries to murder every able bodied person who stands up to them.

with Israel setting the lead, and Saudi Arabia murdering the civilians in Yemen.

now the murdering is done using Drones - robots, basically.

not exactly an improvement.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yep, Asterix, Obelix and the rest of the village used to think the world - the sky - was coming down, when in fact it was just a bit of bad weather

And many hundreds of years later there is still no solution to regulating the weather. Not unless you believe certain peeps in charge of Hollywood movies :bump:

Asterix... Holy shit.

I haven't thought about those guys in decades. A buddy in high school had a bunch of the comics.

Asterix. Holy nostalgia batman.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
That would be my only concern. He acts like a third world dictator rather than the leader of the free world !
VG

that is because he is NOT the "leader of the free world". he abdicated that responsibility before even winning office. the "free world" is not going to follow him off a cliff like his lemming followers will...

armedoldhippy

Veteran

LOL! lot more than 5 give me rep, it just depends on what topic we are on. got folks like me on one subject, wish painful death on others... what you see as "hate," many of us see as utter disdain for people like chump and his bootlickers, conspiracy fruitloops, and people that wish for a return to the days of the KKK etc. i'm truly sorry if you feel "ganged up on", "picked on" or whatever...

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
.... Armedoldhippy said some stuff and picked up 5 recs as of this typing. He knows who put out those recs, but it is a secret only the two of them share. But armedoldhippy now has 5 confirmed "brothers in hate" with whom he can share recs back and forth between, as well as fortify their hate. ........ If the person recieving all that hate knew who was ganging up on them, things might change .....

From the recs I receive from posts made in the SC, most are from posters who never post/comment in this forum, so it's hard to really know how many 'haters' are out there 'cause they don't want to be fellow recipients of the hate! :D

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
now the US sends their military into 80 countries to murder every able bodied person who stands up to them.

with Israel setting the lead, and Saudi Arabia murdering the civilians in Yemen.

now the murdering is done using Drones - robots, basically.

not exactly an improvement.

i know man, its bloody awful. specially for those poor nations getting bombed. also seems to be an up tick in regime change interventions by France,Turks, Britain, Germany, Saudi and others. where as it used to be mostly the US doing it.

Latest posts

Latest posts