What's new

Trump cancels summit with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anybody would have said the same about autonomous driving or AI twenty years ago but here we are today.

iTarzan

because they get paid dog shit

They only work 9 months a year. They get paid more than enough. Every weekend and holiday off and a 3 month paid summer vacation.

LOL at they get paid dog shit. The average teacher salary in Pa is $59,000. The average RN salary is $66,000. They work every other weekend, holidays and all summer.

Cry me a river for the teachers.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Insiders describe flying as hours of boredom interrupted by moments of sheer terror.:tiphat:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

you all heard what our Commander-in-Chooch announced today right?

ZscRTDh.jpg

that's right a 6th branch of the armed forces, the Space Cowboys, and of course to be led by the #1 Space Cadet himself.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they already let computers do landings now. pretty sure that is the "hard part". just a matter of time i believe...

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/18/17477686/ibm-project-debater-ai

Insurance will destroy human driven vehicles.

Why would the average consumer pay more for insurance when self driving eventually proves better than humans?

I've been after drone delivered coffee since they first popped up.

Guess what?

Iceland recently approved drone deliveries of supermarket goods within restricted areas.

They figure any hesitation will crumble when consumers realize a bottle of wine or forgotten ingredient is moments away.

What is Uber's greatest PR flop, beyond the founding CEO?

The drivers. A recent press release of weak AI technology to determine whether passengers were drunk was immediately attacked as a potential exploit.

Guess how much money they spend on developing driverless vehicles.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Speaking of door gunners, Yesterday Massachusetts republican Governor Charlie Baker refused to send national guard helicopters to patrol the border. Today a slew of governors followed by either refusing to send them or calling them back home. The protest is bipartisan.

R

Rubber Chicken

you all heard what our Commander-in-Chooch announced today right?

View Image

that's right a 6th branch of the armed forces, the Space Cowboys, and of course to be led by the #1 Space Cadet himself.

Space Force :biglaugh:

He was slurring his words again.... and claims his own statement as a 'big statement', freaking buffoon.

iTarzan

Simmer down tarzan. You smoke mids

I smoke it all Dr. Young. I love the camaraderie and ritual of smoking. I am not to proud to smoke mids. I do it all the time. It mixes it up and makes the premium stuff better. If you eat fillet every day it just becomes a hamburger to you eventually.

Now go try to find a more effective way to push my buttons because my stash jars are insane. LOL!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
They only work 9 months a year. They get paid more than enough. Every weekend and holiday off and a 3 month paid summer vacation.

LOL at they get paid dog shit. The average teacher salary in Pa is $59,000. The average RN salary is $66,000. They work every other weekend, holidays and all summer.

TN teachers don't make near that much. they get paid year round if they opt to have their 9 months of pay spread out over 12 months. they have to go to training meetings through the summer. 3 month paid vacation, lol. lots of teachers here spring for supplies for their students out of their own damn pockets because parents can't/won't do it. are you related to that clueless DeVos ?:laughing:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

The Chicago teacher's strike a few years ago was illuminating. The second-highest paid teachers in the nation and they couldn't even articulate what it was that they were striking for, their picket signs were frequently misspelled, and after they got what they wanted, they were outraged when schools were consolidated and closed (after being told that is exactly what would happen).

iTarzan

TN teachers don't make near that much. they get paid year round if they opt to have their 9 months of pay spread out over 12 months. they have to go to training meetings through the summer. 3 month paid vacation, lol. lots of teachers here spring for supplies for their students out of their own damn pockets because parents can't/won't do it. are you related to that clueless DeVos ?:laughing:

I have quite a few friends that are teachers. One of my friends whole family are teachers. His mom, dad and two sisters. Plus two aunts. My sister is a teacher. My wife had and aunt and uncle and a cousin who were/are teachers. I know the lifestyle they all have. It is sweet. Every weekend off. Every holiday off. Always on day shift. And super nice pensions.

My wife and I were RNs. Night shift, every other weekend unless mandatory overtime, very few holidays off unless they fell on your schedule or you got granted a requested one off. Christmas every other year. Work xmas than off New Years. People calling off, working short handed. Teachers don't do any of that. If our patients died as much as students did poorly in school the death rate would be like 25%.

If you get paid X amount per year it doesn't matter if you get paid once a week, every other week, once a week for 9 months and nothing for 3 months you still get the same amount a year.

Also if you are an underpaid teacher and have been all your career, it could be past 5 years, past 10 years or past 40 years there is one thing for certain...

it wasn't and isn't Trumps fault or Devos. They just got here. LOL! Tried to blame Devos (Trump) for it. WTF???

iTarzan

I don't have any kids and school taxes to me are complete bullshit taxation without representation. Thanks Obama and every president ever.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes, you may not have any kids, but wouldn't you rather the young people you encounter to be well edumacated?

So all that good tax money is being spent in your fine world-class educational institutions to help turn out the next generation of astro-physicists, architects and brain surgeons by helping to create fine intelligent and well adjusted individuals who will sally forth into the adult worlds of work fortified by an expensive but sound public education to go forth and populate what few jobs there will be in the future, if they are lucky enough to get one that is........and you resent helping to pay for their edumacation!

I don't have any kids and school taxes to me are complete bullshit taxation without representation. Thanks Obama and every president ever.

*all done with tongue firmly in cheek.

Space Toker

Veteran
I don't know what this thread is all about but if the topic is genuine then I am late to the game and that summit occured. as much as I want to bring Trunp and anyone that voted for him in for a lobotomy to see if they really still have a brain, I can say for once although he seems to love and cozy up to dictators, both sides seemed to make demands at first and then everything seemed all too cozy like a room full of furry fake animals for kiddies and other disrurbing individuals to enjoy, but they were talking and any war was averted for now and real progress or the start of that seemed to happen. yes for all the tough talk and now a teddy bear, what really did happen behind closed doors anyway? as skeptical as I am, something did happen, and as much as I hate this guy and moreso those that willingly voted for him, this seems Trumps best moment yet, the only thing even slightly acceptable he's ever done as at least he averted a war he seemed to be starting, at least for now. For the next chapter in the crazy chronicles, keep looking up from those blasted cellphones and pay attemtion once in a while! Thanks for letting me express this stark satire or warning or whatever you take it as, as long as you think before placing your bets!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We will get America back. Just a matter of time. Uneducated sheep occasionally pop their heads up in the modern world, but what's right will win in the end. Props to the alt right and the zombies that follow, loudest screeching we've heard from your cave in quite some time. But we will drive you back into the ground from where you came, and where you belong. Enjoy the sunlight while you can, and understand, no matter what you and yours try during however much time remains, good will defeat pretend. And fuck Tom Brady!

iTarzan

Most uneducated post in the thread.

Only to somebody from the UK. Because the UK has the most educated people on earth about the subject of teachers in the U.S.A. Everybody knows they also know everything about everything every county should be doing and not doing.

Now make yourself useful and go grind all the points off your kitchen knives like your leaders want you to. After that you can write a check and send it to the royal family. The queen needs another hat and Meghan needs another $5000 dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts