What's new

Trump cancels summit with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

hey Gypsy, think he's got the future makings of a hooligan???

w3RZipN.gif

lY5alN3.gif

R

Rubber Chicken

would one of you guys please at least
mention trump once during your debate?

vta, your name defies my abilities to make light of it.

Rubber Chicken on the other hand.......

View Image

Hey.... i was keeping all of my insults for Trump, but vta started directing at me, so i veered of track....

I think we are OK though :huggg: :bigeye: unless i am too 'SOY' for him :biggrin:

picture.php

Last edited:

CaptainDankness

the self driving is probably Tesla's ace in the hole, a hard push there from what i'm seeing
there are some other electrics which are looking very competitive, forget the brands
a game changer could be different batteries than lithium
that's the thing about technology, can be quite unpredictable

All depends on if they can make it affordable apparently Google has self driving equipment in several different cars, but $150k yeah, going to be a little while. Lol, of course like everything else in technology it's going to get a lot cheaper and better in the future.

But even at $150k when it comes to commercial truck driving it's worth it. You pay a person $50k a year to drive and a computer can drive 24/7 365 days a year it's going to pay for itself in the first year. Only downside is probably more than a million decent jobs are going to be gone.

igrowone

Veteran
... Only downside is probably more than a million decent jobs are going to be gone.

this is the realm of much old(and not so old) science fiction
what happens when machines are doing all the physical work?
office work looks like the only work left, that and retail stores
i don't know if this is taking us to a good place

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
some rhetoric....

some rhetoric....

Trump cancels summit with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un

well guys, 118 pages on and the meetup did take place, what will come of it, if anything, remains to be seen.

like i said before, looking in from the outside, it's been really interesting to see what all sides have to say on these Trump related issues. very enlightening to read the opposing opinions.

i take my news the same way, if the event relates to China US relations i'll look at US msm and Chinese CTV, as well as looking at alternative news sites from both sides. i do the same with Russian/US related news. its no good trusting the bbc to tell you what Putin said about something, you have to go to the horses mouth, just like with WH statements, don't take them off RT as they might cut it short and some how miss certain parts or questions, just like the BBC does about the Russian governmental statements etc.

in the end, i love it when both sides produce their best evidence for the things they believe in relation to these events, as it helps me know where to investigate further and gives me things to research.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
As long as those in charge of nukes are smart enough to know that no-body wins in a nuclear war then there should be no nuclear war.

The whole nuclear war spectre is enough to scare the pants off most people so it is used to get the attention of the masses, and does so when touted in the media very easily.

Now when one of the worlds arch villains (Trump) then makes a pact to stop another arch villain (Kim-young'un) from potentially attacking the west with nuclear weapons he's looking to look like the good guy and not the villain any more....

....well that's my take on it, for what its worth.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This could get interesting...

THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 18, 2018
*Statement from the President Regarding Trade with China*
On Friday, I announced plans for tariffs on $50 billion worth of imports from China. These tariffs are being imposed to encourage China to change the unfair practices identified in the Section 301 action with respect to technology and innovation. They also serve as an initial step toward bringing balance to our trade relationship with China.

However and unfortunately, China has determined that it will raise tariffs on $50 billion worth of United States exports. China apparently has no intention of changing its unfair practices related to the acquisition of American intellectual property and technology. Rather than altering those practices, it is now threatening United States companies, workers, and farmers who have done nothing wrong.

This latest action by China clearly indicates its determination to keep the United States at a permanent and unfair disadvantage, which is reflected in our massive $376 billion trade imbalance in goods. This is unacceptable. Further action must be taken to encourage China to change its unfair practices, open its market to United States goods, and accept a more balanced trade relationship with the United States.

Therefore, today, I directed the United States Trade Representative to identify $200 billion worth of Chinese goods for additional tariffs at a rate of 10 percent. After the legal process is complete, these tariffs will go into effect if China refuses to change its practices, and also if it insists on going forward with the new tariffs that it has recently announced. If China increases its tariffs yet again, we will meet that action by pursuing additional tariffs on another $200 billion of goods. The trade relationship between the United States and China must be much more equitable.

I have an excellent relationship with President Xi, and we will continue working together on many issues. But the United States will no longer be taken advantage of on trade by China and other countries in the world.

We will continue using all available tools to create a better and fairer trading system for all Americans.

https://publicpool.kinja.com/subject-statement-from-the-president-regarding-trade-w-1826934812

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
:laughing: yup, it's them, and the irony is that they're the kinda people that if they do succeed in tearing down the house, they're gonna be crying for some new saviour to step in and rescue 'em!:tiphat:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
they're awake, they just don't understand for whom the bells toll...:biggrin:

Yup!

In a slaughter house they keep a goat because cattle and sheep follow the goat through the gates, right right up the ramp to the kill. It's called a Judas Goat. The goat gets well taken care of.

R

Rubber Chicken

they're awake, they just don't understand for whom the bells toll...:biggrin:

Whenever anyone mentions lying and how can they stand him with his endless fountain, they jump to 'Well Obama said about Obamacare, that you can keep your doctor' :yoinks:

I heard Steve Bannon the other day say he didn't think he'd EVER heard the President lie :biglaugh: wtf is going on??

Are people retarded? I don't get it?

They see case after case, after case, after case, after case, after case, after case, after case...... of him saying something and then a few days later saying the exact opposite, then when someone calls him out on it he gets an attitude and says 'that's not what i said- you go back and check what i said....'

If you go back and check what he said.... HE SAID IT.

I'm sure someone will say- but what about this guy or that guy or whoever, but i just want to know how they can stomach it or gloss over it like it's no big deal.

If it was your child or your accountant or your doctor or masseuse, your eyes would bulge and you would say 'Just cut the shit....'

He is not anywhere near as smart as his followers think he is, he's just good at making some people believe he is.

He's just a guy who has had his own way his whole life because his dad got him started and then kept him going when he left him an inheritance.

Did he hit 4000 lies yet? I'm out of the loop :bigeye:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Which doesn't excuse being placed on COD by vendors for failure to pay, failure to report workplace injuries or a host of other issues, particularly after being subsidized by the government to the tune of $4.9 billion.

Subsidies and bailouts to failing standard automakers amount to...?

(Many magnitudes more).

Like said. A 1000 percent increase in manpower comes with issues, as does an intensive ever accelerating production program. 6 day work weeks of 12 hour shifts always has a downside. Ununionized workers. The UAW leaps on every failure.

Personally I have no issue with a lack of unions. Unionized workers are lazy, entitled position holders with a crab bucket mentality honed to a fine edge.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Personally I have no issue with a lack of unions. Unionized workers are lazy, entitled position holders with a crab bucket mentality honed to a fine edge.

The entire airline industry is unionized, pilots, flight attendants, and mechanics. Stereotypes do sometimes have a ring of truth but this is overreach.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Subsidies and bailouts to failing standard automakers amount to...?

(Many magnitudes more).

Like said. A 1000 percent increase in manpower comes with issues, as does an intensive ever accelerating production program. 6 day work weeks of 12 hour shifts always has a downside. Ununionized workers. The UAW leaps on every failure.

The final cost on the TARP bailout portion for auto-related companies was $9.3 billion, spread among numerous entities. While I disagreed with TARP, "saving" a substantial portion of critical infrastructure is quite different than bankrolling the start-up of a high-end toy manufacturer.

I have no issue with being non-union. I do have an issue with concealing workplace injuries from Cal-Osha and stiffing vendors.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i came across this today and found it really gives a good picture of the problem i see with the US at the moment. people dont think for them selves and take on the opinions of the politicians or movie stars they like and support. this is tragic and will lead to bad shit.

anyway check it out, some graphics are missing as i didnt know how to transfer them, just follow the link to see them.

Poll shows Americans don’t think for themselves

Americans perceive public policy as good or bad not based on its merits or lack thereof, but based on whether their favored politicians backs it

https://theduran.com/poll-shows-americans-dont-think-for-themselves/

A recent survey conducted by Reuters shows how many Americans base their support or opposition to a given political stance not on the soundness of the policy, but based on whether or not it comes with the backing of a favored or disfavored political authority.

The present situation surrounding the breaking up of migrant families at the border is a case in point. Support and opposition for Trump’s policy on the matter seems to come largely from either a desire to defend Donald Trump or from a desire to oppose him in some way. That there are moral issues to be solved here and problems created not just for the migrants, but also for the judicial system, highlighting the corporate cronyism in America, seems to be lacking in consideration.

Those supporting it even go to lengths of manufacturing disinformation about its origin and history, as well as ill conceived notions about the nature of crime and punishment. The mechanics of the policy itself, its implications, and the moral predicament which it imposes are by and large ignored, or speciously justified, while support for the policy seems to stem from a desire to defend their partisan leader’s policies. The public’s reaction to this policy demonstrates in yet another way the manner in which Americans perceive political policies, that is not on the merits of the policy, or lack thereof, but based on their political persuasions and the personality cult attached to their favored politician.

It is generally believed that America is more polarized than ever. After all, one need only look at the fallout from the last election to test this theory: both liberals and conservatives are convinced that their ideas and principles are the best and should be followed.

But a recent survey by Reuters casts a bit of doubt on how well people really know their own minds and understand the political principles they say they adhere to. It appears that many Americans base their views on whether a particular authority figure holds them.

As Reuters explains, surveyors read a variety of political statements which Donald Trump made on the campaign trail to mixed groups of Republicans and Democrats. One group was told that each statement was made by Trump; the other omitted that important detail. In almost every case, Democrat support for the statement decreased when Trump’s name was attached, while Republican support increased.

Government-run health care is a prime example of this. When asked if government should take care of everyone, 68 percent of Democrats agreed. Only 33 percent of Republicans did the same. But when Trump’s name was thrown into the ring, both parties had a sudden change of heart. Democrats in particular exhibited a 20 percent drop in support for government-run health care.

A similar scenario unfolded when respondents were asked about American exceptionalism. When told that Donald Trump believed that American exceptionalism is insulting to people from other countries, Republicans displayed a dramatic jump in agreement with the president. Democrats, however, demonstrated another 20 percent drop in support for the idea.

Such outcomes shouldn’t be surprising given the vitriol which has surrounded presidential politics of late. Nevertheless, such outcomes are a bit alarming, for they clearly demonstrate that a good chunk of the American public do not make decisions based on thoughtful, informed reasoning. Instead, they pick a public figure they like (or dislike) and move with him (or away from him) as the winds may blow.

This situation is far from healthy for the American government. As Thomas Jefferson once noted, “Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone.” To avoid this scenario, Jefferson insisted the American public must be equipped with sound and well-educated minds:

“The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories. And to render even them safe, their minds must be improved to a certain degree.”

Sadly, the improvement of American minds isn’t happening in today’s schools. Many students cannot distinguish between fact and opinion; instruction in logic and critical thinking, while given lip-service, seem to have disappeared from schools; and only 12 percent of the nation’s high school seniors are proficient in history, the subject which lays the groundwork for American government.

If America’s schools are not teaching students to be independent, well-reasoned, and educated thinkers, is it any wonder that the American public is so easily swayed in their political beliefs and opinions?

The mainstream media has a hand in this process, however, steering the public to accept or oppose a given action or policy, instead of just reporting the news. The issue of a US president meeting with the North Korean leader is another example. When Obama broached the topic, the right slammed it furiously. Now, when Trump goes to do the same thing, the right wing media loves the idea, while this time, it’s the MSM on the left which is voicing opposition for something which they promoted under the previous democratic presidential administration.

[YOUTUBEIF]XjLA1v_Pgz0[/YOUTUBEIF]

Remember how the left painted President Bush as a bad guy for his actions in the Middle East? But Obama bombed and overthrew even more countries than his Republican predecessor did, but when it comes to this, all one hears on the left is crickets. Ever notice how abortion and identity politics are touted as major reasons for voting republican in every election cycle, but, once in power, the Republicans go on to do nothing about it, even when they have control over both the legislative and executive branches of government? But once the Democrats are back in power, they’re major issues all over again. Because as long those issues persist, there’s a reason to vote Republican and a reason not to focus on economic issues and major corporate and government corruption on the ground level impacting every American of every political persuasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.