What's new

Trump administration hints at ‘greater enforcement’ of marijuana laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been around the country, been around the world. Do you think the legislators in those states don't see the new way to fleece the public?

Ready4

Veteran
Ok guys, I was just saying I hope he does good. Sorry you couldn't handle someone's opinion.

Trumps administration may be hand picked but he does flip flop on issues and when he sees the backlash he's not gonna enforce a crack down on pot.

Again I didn't vote for trump so what your saying doesn't apply to me and it really doesn't matter anyways.

I'm never the grammar police , and I never insult people's intelligence espically not on spelling or punctuation.but when you insult people's IQ and you can't make full sentences it was just an easy opening, again I apologise

Seriously guys I shouldn't have commented on such a far left site, I won't comment again. Sorry to each and every one of yas, I wish your grows to be heavy and smoke to be delicious , have a great day

That is not an apology. An apology contains some admittance of wrongdoing.
The only thing you were "sorry" for was "I shouldn't have commented on such a far left site" That was a direct insult to everybody on this site & the site itself. This site is only "far left" if you are standing on the most extreme far right, standing at the edge of the cliff. Plenty of GOP supporters on here , offering opinions, acting civil.
You never replied to the topic(s) of this thread in any of what you posted.
Your total sum of contribution to the thread was to state " Pot is not one of the biggest issues we face" . On a marijuana website, this was a ridiculous statement, in the face of what comments Spicer & Sessions made.
You called people "snowflakes", "ladies" and "dicks" . Then you claimed that calling people "dicks", was just a statement, not a name.
You claimed " and I never insult people's intelligence". Yet, you told people to "use your brain".
You claimed "I'm never the grammar police" yet, in the same mangled paragraph, stated "you can't make full sentences it was just an easy opening" . You also made a statement in a post regarding spelling and/or punctuation. Looking at your posts, it is absolutely hilarious you are commenting on anybody elses sentence structure or punctuation. To help you : "apologise" is spelled correctly as "apologize", "espically" is spelled correctly as
"especially".
So, you did not apologize. You just ran away.

Ogtg2213

Seriously that's what you took from that?

Here ya go ready4

I am sorry if I offend you. I admit calling you snowflake was childish, I admit calling any male a lady was childish. I made a mistake commenting on this thread. Now let's move on

And I'll leave it just like that so there is no confusion.

Ready4

Veteran
states rights is basically code for "we have the right to take your rights away"
The GOP only supports "States Rights" if they can pick and choose
which "rights" we are allowed to have, only with THEIR approval.
3 States Rights issues in the last 20 years in the USA
1) Assisted end of life.
2) Medical Marijuana
3) Gay marriage
The GOP has fought all 3 of these, tooth & nail, all the way.

I am not a "leftist". My basic politics are Libertarian - the GOP does nothing "Libertarian"
There also is nothing "conservative" about the GOP, they tax and spend full throttle.
I do not vote GOP because I have witnessed what they do. The entire so-called "Conservative Agenda" is no more real than Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.
I have watched for years at what they do, not what they say.
The GOP, most times, does the complete opposite of what they claim to stand for.
The comments by Spice & Sessions, regarding marijuana, back up my assertion completely.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Perhaps the Mods are partial to the odd 'Punch and Judy Show'...on occasion?

But when a politically charged thread goes waay off topic, and it turns into a bunch of guys spouting vile rhetoric and mediocre insults at each other, someone has to step into the playground and stop the fight.

*Not to say this thread has gone far off topic, as yet, so please do carry on.

Let us be excellent to each other. I doubt that the Trump Admin will be doing us any favors making that even more important.

I think Trump & crew are highly authoritarian, never a good thing for us. OTOH, they need to do it in ways that have at least some popularity. It also needs to be understood that authoritarians will build on that just because they can. They seek authority for its own sake, for the Power. Trump said it in accepting the Repub nomination-

I am your voice. Only I can fix it. I will restore law & order.
Crime has been steadily going downhill for 20 years but facts don't matter to politicians as insincere as Trump. The fact that they don't seem to matter much to many of his followers, either, tells us that it's a lot like every other authoritarian leader cult in History.

They just need to inflame sentiment to exploit it, as they're doing with the wall, the illegals & the muslims. As they've pitted their largely rural base against urban dwellers & given us a comeback tour of bigotry. Which is not to condemn all Trump supporters but rather to say that's obviously a part of it.

They'll be careful to pick their victims, at least at first, so they're giving us the stink eye, running it up the flagpole to see who salutes. I don't think they'll get people all frothed up against us, at all, which means they'll move on to something else where they can.

They'll gnaw on it around the edges, suppress interstate ops every chance they get, maybe even fund efforts by some of backward neighbors in the cause but I doubt it'll go much beyond that.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Been around the country, been around the world. Do you think the legislators in those states don't see the new way to fleece the public?

Of course I hope your prediction is true. Of course for politicians, you're right, it's all about $$. But even so, they have to sell it to their constituents to some degree.

And I still see a lot of unenlightened mouth breathers that associate cannabis consumption with hippies, commies and Bernie Sanders supporters sucking on the gov't tit.

Not to mention the MOMS. Remember when you used to be able to drive home from a bar without fear of having your life ruined with a DUI? I do. And you know who ended that? Moms, specifically MADD. There's not much anyone can do in the face of a roomful of angry scared MOMS.

Jhhnn

Veteran
The GOP only supports "States Rights" if they can pick and choose
which "rights" we are allowed to have, only with THEIR approval.
3 States Rights issues in the last 20 years in the USA
1) Assisted end of life.
2) Medical Marijuana
3) Gay marriage
The GOP has fought all 3 of these, tooth & nail, all the way.

I am not a "leftist". My basic politics are Libertarian - the GOP does nothing "Libertarian"
There also is nothing "conservative" about the GOP, they tax and spend full throttle.
I do not vote GOP because I have witnessed what they do. The entire so-called "Conservative Agenda" is no more real than Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.
I have watched for years at what they do, not what they say.
The GOP, most times, does the complete opposite of what they claim to stand for.
The comments by Spice & Sessions, regarding marijuana, back up my assertion completely.

States' Rights has been Repubs' fallback position for limiting rights in ways they can't accomplish at the national level. Voting. Marriage. Reproduction. Organized labor. You name it.

I'm sure they were utterly flabbergasted when Obama turned that rhetoric against them over cannabis legalization. Ever get that sinking feeling where you know you're screwed? I'm sure they felt just like that.

Thanks Obama!

Ready4

Veteran
Of course I hope your prediction is true. Of course for politicians, you're right, it's all about $$. But even so, they have to sell it to their constituents to some degree.

And I still see a lot of unenlightened mouth breathers that associate cannabis consumption with hippies, commies and Bernie Sanders supporters sucking on the gov't tit.

Not to mention the MOMS. Remember when you used to be able to drive home from a bar without fear of having your life ruined with a DUI? I do. And you know who ended that? Moms, specifically MADD. There's not much anyone can do in the face of a roomful of angry scared MOMS.

Yes I remember ! The "mothers" is a joke. 18 members on the national board of directors, 11 of them are men ! Including the chairman, who is a man.
Nothing new with that - many male directors for years, many male attorneys ( big surprise).
And the great Federal Nanny, forcing the States to lower the DUI threshold even lower, by threatening to remove highway funding if they did not comply ( no choice there).

Meraxes

Veteran
Just like I tell everyone, I'm taking 4 years off to think about nice things....like delicious foods or woman. (singular). little batshit here, smoke folks...

I didn't say it was good, I said it would probably happen. Try this, Trump dumps every responsibility and expense onto the states while keeping the ones he does want while still pulling in the same amount as before from the IRS and consolidates his power that way

Genghis Kush

In the past Trump has stated that the War on drugs is a failure and the wrong approach. That was before he was running and long time ago but at least it means that he has considered it a reasonable idea that the DEA is a misguided and over funded government agency.
Its not likely at all but it would be nice to see him defund the DEA like he is the EPA

Ready4

Veteran
In the past Trump has stated that the War on drugs is a failure and the wrong approach. That was before he was running and long time ago but at least it means that he has considered it a reasonable idea that the DEA is a misguided and over funded government agency.
Its not likely at all but it would be nice to see him defund the DEA like he is the EPA

The DEA's net results since 1980.... 0.0% effect on the overall supply and demand of drugs. Localized interruptions for sure, but with time & $, no problem in a given time.
Hard drugs like Heroin & Cocaine, are now much purer & cheaper than they were in 1980. So 0.0% is really not completely accurate - it is a negative result %. Heroin is now so cheap, according to media sources, that people are overdosing & dying because it is cheaper than pills.
If Trump totally shuts down the DEA ( negative ineffectual agency) , then I will support him. The argument that "you do not know how bad it would be without them" is a huge joke.
The answer is : Nobody really has much trouble scoring what they want, what have you accomplished ??

The War on some Drugs = a cash cow for law enforcement that has achieved nothing.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I always said, if they would have given us pot in the early seventies, we wouldn't have crack, we wouldn't have all this prescription drug abuse and the crime that goes with it.

THEY are the ones who sent the kids into the black market to buy buds.

Status
Not open for further replies.