What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump administration hints at ‘greater enforcement’ of marijuana laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ready4

Veteran
There were no other names, good try tho
You posted "you guys were being dicks" So you are wrong, once again.
You still have never posted any replies on the topic(s) of this thread.
You will probably exit without doing so is my guess.

Ogtg2213

You posted "you guys were being dicks" So you are wrong, once again.
You still have never posted any replies on the topic(s) of this thread.
You will probably exit without doing so is my guess.

In what world do you live in, that a statement is calling people names???? Not to mention it was the truth

You want my opinion on the topic, I'll spell it out for you. Trumps administration isn't trump, trump won't crack down on pot. And if your gonna talk about peoples IQ like you lefties love to do,then maybe proof read you're posts so the grammar and punctuation makes sense and you form proper sentences.

Ogtg2213

Genghis, why are you such a coward you deleted both your posts? Why is it that when I reply to people coming down on me it's my fault and I'm trying to get it binned? Get a grip man. Re read this all buddy, I said trump was trying to do good and everyone jumped at me. Of course I'm gonna defend my self

EDIT genghis edited his posts again so my reply doesn't make sense, but he accused me of trying to get the thread binned. And also had a post about someone else that didn't share his exact view

Last edited:
Quirk...lol.

Good thing we have the EC. It was setup for this exact reason. It would not be right for handful of cities to decide the nations fate. This is a very large and diverse nation. The needs of the fly over states and the needs of the major metropolitan areas are not the same. The citizens in the big cities love big government, mostly because they depend on it. Depend on it in the forms of mass transit, more law enforcement...and because of the density, laws are created that take away personal liberties. Folks in the fly over states, rural America, don't have the same kind of relationship with big government and view what that role should be like very differently. They see the waste that goes on in liberal states like California, who says it's needs federal emergency funding for infrastructure but spends $25 billion A YEAR on illegal aliens.

Those blue counties do not and should not represent all that red.

View Image

heres what the 2016 election map looks like when both parties are represented.

picture.php

sometimes its not so clear cut when you see just red and blue

Genghis Kush

The electoral college is not a quirk.

It was put in place to stop the populated areas from running rough shod over the rural areas. Otherwise our elections would be held in four states and in only a few counties at that.

Thank God for the electoral college!

its conservative america that has kept Marijuana prohibition in place.
Close minded thinking is poison to society. It hinders progress and keeps us trapped in ancient religious ideas of right and wrong.

Wendull C.

Veteran
its conservative america that has kept Marijuana prohibition in place.
Close minded thinking is poison to society. It hinders progress and keeps us trapped in ancient religious ideas of right and wrong.

I agree. It wasn't only conservatives though, just take a look at the Dixiecrats who coincidentally resided in the same states as those now deemed conservative. Democrats are no friend if pot either.

This has nothing to do with why the framers placed an electoral college in our presidential elections. States with larger populations are appointed more seats in the House of Representatives as a way to give them more power in our government.

All this bitching about the electoral college is just sour grapes. When Obama won handily both terms, no one on your side complained about the electoral college.

WelderDan

Veteran
It is what it is folks. Let's not get all pissed off at each other until they actually do something. And that might not even happen. This Admin has a big agenda, and there's still a shit ton of other things they want to do, like boost Military spending. And cut taxes. And build a wall and all that shit. It might not be in the budget to enforce Federal cannabis laws with all the other money they will throw at other priorities. Shit, Trump wants to hire 10,000 more ICE agents.

Smoke a bowl, relax. You ain't gotta like anything, but you do have to deal with it. Wait until they make a move before turning on each other.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
The majority of those red counties are in rural areas with low populations and little to no industry.

Exactly. And to look at it from the other side- the blue areas are some of the most heavily populated urban areas. So that map, while factual, can be easily misunderstood.

It is what it is folks. Let's not get all pissed off at each other until they actually do something. And that might not even happen. This Admin has a big agenda, and there's still a shit ton of other things they want to do, like boost Military spending. And cut taxes. And build a wall and all that shit. It might not be in the budget to enforce Federal cannabis laws with all the other money they will throw at other priorities. Shit, Trump wants to hire 10,000 more ICE agents.

Smoke a bowl, relax. You ain't gotta like anything, but you do have to deal with it. Wait until they make a move before turning on each other.

Wise words, WelderDan

Jhhnn

Veteran
The electoral college is not a quirk.

It was put in place to stop the populated areas from running rough shod over the rural areas. Otherwise our elections would be held in four states and in only a few counties at that.

Thank God for the electoral college!

The fact remains that Trump does not have a majority of people who voted for him.

We've had 58 presidential elections & the electoral college failed to reflect the popular vote only 4 times, none of them in the 20th century. That makes this election & the others anomalous.

It's certainly not a mandate for a radical agenda but that's what we'll get.

vta

Veteran
The fact remains that Trump does not have a majority of people who voted for him.

We've had 58 presidential elections & the electoral college failed to reflect the popular vote only 4 times, none of them in the 20th century. That makes this election & the others anomalous.

It's certainly not a mandate for a radical agenda but that's what we'll get.

You know what...you are right...Trump didn't win.

http://www.hillarybeattrump.org/

geneva_sativa

United We Could Stand,

Divided We Would Fall

How can we win against tyranny if we constantly fighting each other over insignificant issues ?

Tune out of the meida mindfuck.

We are brothers and sisters, united by our love of a healing and enlightening herb.

Come on people, don't play the game, be more than that !

vta

Veteran
I love all my ICMag'ers ! I love Johnn and 4 Eyed Rodney quite a bit as well. Although we are polar opposite politically, I know they have heart. And the fact that they enjoy weed, aligns us in some respects.

We should create a social group. Good times....

Genghis Kush

I agree. It wasn't only conservatives though, just take a look at the Dixiecrats who coincidentally resided in the same states as those now deemed conservative. Democrats are no friend if pot either.

This has nothing to do with why the framers placed an electoral college in our presidential elections. States with larger populations are appointed more seats in the House of Representatives as a way to give them more power in our government.

All this bitching about the electoral college is just sour grapes. When Obama won handily both terms, no one on your side complained about the electoral college.

Im not a democrat or republican. Both parties are too conservative for me.

I think it would be more fair and democratic if power was shared instead of the winner take all approach that we have in the US.
It leaves half the country feeling unrepresented no matter who wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.