What's new

TRUE Trainwreck

N

NOYB

Hmmm thought BillyGoatSeeds created it ?
That's who I was talking about.

FUNNY ALL THESE "BREEDERS" ARE NOW HOOKED ON TRAINWRECK AND ARE CLAIMING NEW STRAIN TWENTY SOME YEARS LATER.
FINALLY TOM HILL BROUGHT IT TO ANOTHER "LABEL" AND GAVE THE WORLD THE REAL DEAL.
I don't see breeders hooked on Trainwreck but a few are working with it...seems not too many at all actually. I haven't seen anyone claim it's a new strain...not at least all the people that I've seen put beans out.

What did Tom do? Did he release the cut to someone or breed with it? That's one of his projects guess I missed.

newganjaboy

Trainwreck = BOMB!
Never found cuts in nor cal, but wasn't in Mendocino.
Anyone know of any clubs with good cuts in southern CA?
:2cents:

Billygoat

I created the Oriental Express cross (Trainwreck E-32 x Thai). I used the same cut Dr.Jay gave me months before he passed. Trainwreck has been around for a very long time. Longer then you would think.

As it being a clone only. "False Fact". Everyone thinks it is, because no one had access to seed, but Dr.Jay and Eric. Eric, being E. That just passed not to long ago. These guys worked with this strain for a very long time. Now for the seeds. They will "NOT" finish outdoor in Humboldt. This is why you have the cut. The cut is at it's full age and will finish outdoors. The seeds take way to long to fully finish outdoors. In area's that have problems with freezing and mold.

I personally know someone right now. That is growing about 50 seeds of real trainwreck seeds from Dr.Jay. I've seen the seedlings and will watch them grow and compare with the cut. There are allot of strains that come out of a lot of different areas that are suppose to be clone only. Guess what! Some are from seed stock and some of that stock is still around.

As for Green House and Arjan. The word around town. Was he was paying 30K for the cut. Don't know if anyone cashed in on it or not. If they did, I doubt they sold him the real cut. There is allot of stories and drama around this cut and strain.

It's a killer strain and i'm glad to keep it around and use it in my OE cross. Drama is bad for cannabis. I try to stay away from it. As for who has the real deal or close to it in seed form. I won't comment on it. I will say there are a bunch of nice crosses out there and leave it at that.

Take care all and don't get hung up on who made it and or has it. Find some nice crosses or BX's. If you can get access to the cut. Get a hold of the cut and make some crosses yourself. Then do some bx crossing. There are a few people out there doing some work and some good results. Try not to get pulled into the drama.

Take care,
BG

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Interesting read Billygoat, I love Trainwreck and am trying to get several versons on the go this year and learn as much as I can about her and all the versions around. From what I have learnt so far... it appears many people have worked different lines ....allegedly originally Beserker ..... then Steve Tuck, Woodhorse, etc. It seems that only the original Clone grows in the 'mad vine' style and is quick... 50 odd days and that all subsequent versions, lines, BXes etc loose these 2 unique traits, but are excellent anyway.... is this somewhere near the truth ?

Are there any clubs that can be trusted to actually have this original TW cut around ?

N

NOYB

I hear that bean as the source thing and there's still some stock around someplace. Have heard the same thing about Matanuska Thunderfuck. Didn't wanna say before, cause could never verify and your only the second person I've seen talk about em, but the person I talked with extensively said he had some seed stock and was working with that. Always was a bit sceptical. Said there was a single cola dominant pheno but basically just a structural difference. The cut I grew years back was the same cut everyone else in the area was growing and also identical to what I ran across on the coast and in the SF Bay area and basically all the pics and descriptions I've seen online were the same thing (cut). Not too long ago a buddy got a cut from a club and sure enough same thing except this one would hermie and everyone I saw online at that time said the same thing but don't remember any hermie issues about 5 years back when it seemed EVERYONE was growing it.

Still have a hard time believeing the beans that are the focus of this thread are real deal cause first I've heard of the beans other than who I was dealing with. Anything is possible though. Guess I'm eating crow a bit...lol.

Thanx for the info BG.

mojojojo

ive heard many other stories bout the origins of this strain since overgrow.
i have ran jojo rizos for years s-1 and they all finish in 48 ish days
all identical. i have only one more left so ill be keeping that one.peace

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
I'm just now finishing up a grow of H3ad seeds Trainwreck bx1 Arcata Trainwreck x (Trainwreck x Thai).. I've never run a trainwreck cut so cant comment to much on the cut, but these plants from H3ads bx1 certainly look and play the part of some seriously quality shit IMO. Most of the plants reek strongly of lemon peels, lime with a weird metalic/vitamin B bottle funk to em..

From the looks of these bx 1's I'm certainly looking forward to later more refined releases of this project from the H3ads..

My grow thread on these bx1's seeds can be found here if anyones interested http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=109152&page=11

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
I created the Oriental Express cross (Trainwreck E-32 x Thai). I used the same cut Dr.Jay gave me months before he passed. Trainwreck has been around for a very long time. Longer then you would think.

As it being a clone only. "False Fact". Everyone thinks it is, because no one had access to seed, but Dr.Jay and Eric. Eric, being E. That just passed not to long ago. These guys worked with this strain for a very long time. Now for the seeds. They will "NOT" finish outdoor in Humboldt. This is why you have the cut. The cut is at it's full age and will finish outdoors. The seeds take way to long to fully finish outdoors. In area's that have problems with freezing and mold.

I personally know someone right now. That is growing about 50 seeds of real trainwreck seeds from Dr.Jay. I've seen the seedlings and will watch them grow and compare with the cut. There are allot of strains that come out of a lot of different areas that are suppose to be clone only. Guess what! Some are from seed stock and some of that stock is still around.

As for Green House and Arjan. The word around town. Was he was paying 30K for the cut. Don't know if anyone cashed in on it or not. If they did, I doubt they sold him the real cut. There is allot of stories and drama around this cut and strain.

It's a killer strain and i'm glad to keep it around and use it in my OE cross. Drama is bad for cannabis. I try to stay away from it. As for who has the real deal or close to it in seed form. I won't comment on it. I will say there are a bunch of nice crosses out there and leave it at that.

Take care all and don't get hung up on who made it and or has it. Find some nice crosses or BX's. If you can get access to the cut. Get a hold of the cut and make some crosses yourself. Then do some bx crossing. There are a few people out there doing some work and some good results. Try not to get pulled into the drama.

Take care,
BG

Very Informative BG. With knowing there are real trainwreck seeds out there
makes this a very interesting find for me. These seeds could be the real deal. Or at least close to it. These seeds came from Northern Oregon from a guy who has been working with the Cannabis plant since the late 70`s. He is real old and his work weather inside or outside is top notch. Can`t wait to get these started. Infact I am gonna throw a couple into water just to get them going. Then I will post pics and hopefully BG can step in and maybe tell me what I have....afterall he has seen the cut and the plant grown from seed. Keep It GreeN! :joint:

JOE CHRONIC

I have about 45 cuts of the wreck I am putting outside this year.
This is some of the most insane bud I have ever run across.
From clone it finishes around Oct. 10th...

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Whenever the famous Trainwreck is mentioned I always seem to pop in!

Anyways all I can say is folks the most potent herb I ever toked on was some true Trainwreck grown organically outdoors.

One toke sent me flying and it lasted a good 10 hours!

This being said its super potent not for beginners or light weights for sure!

People say its PURE sativa there wrong there is some indica in it for sure..

D

DJXXPLATINUM

come on ride the train, whoo whoo!!!! would love to have some of those genetics!!!!! peace djxx

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dr.Jay´s TW-based work..low branch

AlibiRedux04.jpg

R.I.P. Berserker :badday:

Casey Jones

Interesting read Billygoat, I love Trainwreck and am trying to get several versons on the go this year and learn as much as I can about her and all the versions around. From what I have learnt so far... it appears many people have worked different lines ....allegedly originally Beserker ..... then Steve Tuck, Woodhorse, etc. It seems that only the original Clone grows in the 'mad vine' style and is quick... 50 odd days and that all subsequent versions, lines, BXes etc loose these 2 unique traits, but are excellent anyway.... is this somewhere near the truth ?

Are there any clubs that can be trusted to actually have this original TW cut around ?

Sanctuary in SF has it from time to time.I'll post in this thread when I see it.

Asiatica

Nice pic RACO!
Frosty green goodness!!!

Take care,
BG

:yeahthats
NUFF RESPECT BG!

MedResearcher

Veteran
Heavy yielding, quick finishing, mostly sativa, light green sticky buds with a very strong smell and sativa high. Does great both outdoors and indoors. It grows like a vine, so some sort of support is needed for the end of flowering. It is also prone to PM, as well as can and will throw nanners in late flowering, although they are normally so late and or the pollen isn't viable so you normally wont get any seeds.

Legend I heard is that it is originally a polyhybrid of (Mexican x Columbian x Afghan) genetics that was made as early as the 70's.

I was up to 15 different mother plants until recently when I downsized to 5. Have to say that TW was one of the 5 survivors. Only thing I don't enjoy about it is trimming it. Its not really too bad of trim work if the buds are on the larger denser side, but if there are any lower canopy or if the canopy is to crowded it can be a real pita to trim.

Hope that helps a bit,
MR^^

Some close friends of Eric H have seeds of pure "E-32". He also gave out cuts to people he liked (few and far between). Evil Eric had about 60 grams of seed he gave out in 2006-7.
I have about +- 200 seeds of that batch and 42 seeds from the original "E-32" runs that made the cut famous from 1998-99.
I know of 4 others that were given beans as well, so clone only it isn't. Uber, uber hard to get it is. Especially since both Jay and Eric have passed on.
I do know there is a small stockpile of original seeds that Eric had.
They are supposed to be for "refreshing the genetics" of HMS's E-32 line. I will have to ask them what plans they have for them.

I don't know why it's been stated that it won't finish in time if it's from seed. Works just fine in SoHum outdoors from seed.

Someone mentioned the difference between Arcata TW and E-32. They are the same cut.

E. was part owner of a club that grew E-32 for it's members. When he sold the place, no cuts were supposed to go out. Well, the new owner gave out a lot of cuts, calling them "Arcata TW". It's what was in med clubs and all over humbee.

There is also a NorCal TW, that's very different but you will likely never see. It's a decade older than E-32.

Just picked up some trainwreck cuts at blue sky coffeeshop believe it or not. He said it was the arcata/ emerald triangle cut I really freaking hope so. So far the leaves look just like the real deal but i'll know soon....Love her flowers....

Billygoat

Some close friends of Eric H have seeds of pure "E-32". He also gave out cuts to people he liked (few and far between). Evil Eric had about 60 grams of seed he gave out in 2006-7.
I have about +- 200 seeds of that batch and 42 seeds from the original "E-32" runs that made the cut famous from 1998-99.
I know of 4 others that were given beans as well, so clone only it isn't. Uber, uber hard to get it is. Especially since both Jay and Eric have passed on.
I do know there is a small stockpile of original seeds that Eric had.
They are supposed to be for "refreshing the genetics" of HMS's E-32 line. I will have to ask them what plans they have for them.

I don't know why it's been stated that it won't finish in time if it's from seed. Works just fine in SoHum outdoors from seed.

Someone mentioned the difference between Arcata TW and E-32. They are the same cut.

E. was part owner of a club that grew E-32 for it's members. When he sold the place, no cuts were supposed to go out. Well, the new owner gave out a lot of cuts, calling them "Arcata TW". It's what was in med clubs and all over humbee.

There is also a NorCal TW, that's very different but you will likely never see. It's a decade older than E-32.

I'm pretty sure we might be in the same circle. I know a guy that was very close to Eric and has been growing some of those seeds out for some time now. He was gifted a bunch of them a long time ago. Before Eric's battle with cancer. I have access to them also, but passed on them for now. Don't want to take something I really don't have the time for now. I can just get cuts from my buddy growing them out.

As for the statement I made for them not finishing outdoors. I was told they won't finish up here in our area, because of mold. That's what I was told from locals been around here for some time. They might finish where your at, but in the fog in NorHum. I think it's a little harder up here. I could be wrong, but that's what I was told. I was told the flower time from seed was a lot longer then the clone. Since the clone is at it's full age and will go into flowering allot faster. From seed, I think it takes a lot longer. These are guess and from what I'm told. I think the mold is the problem with the finish time up here in the fog.

I know Dr.Jay's wife gave some seeds to my buddy from some of the seeds that was left over after Dr.Jay passed. I also know Eric gave my buddy seeds also. I've personally talked and asked Eric about this months back. He sure would talk for a long time about strains and the clubs. Pretty smart guy, and he will be missed.

On another note, I saw Eric's daughter the other day. Very nice girl, and you could see she was hurting from her lost. Very nice young lady and I felt sad for her.

I've got Eric's Banana cut. Got it about a month and half before he passed. Haven't really grown it out yet. Waiting to see it in full bloom.

Well, just my 2 cents' worth. Eric will be missed and I'm sure he's chill with Dr. Jay right now.
Later,
BG

Latest posts

Latest posts